bluerules009

Does anyone think UCF would win either the Mountain or the West divisions

I feel like Boise has gotten better as the year went on and that USU needed more challenge with their MWC schedule to get better.  And I think hats should be off to UCF, they are finishing up an awesome 2 year run and they deserve all the accolades they get (not ones they give themselves) from college football experts.   

They could win the MWC but we should factor in altitude and cold weather....not sure how'd they would play outside of the warm south for the entire season because they've never had to. 

• Like 1

UCF and Cincy would be 1 and 2 in the MWC west division. I don't know about the mountain division. Houston and Memphis are likely to be in the middle of the MWC mountain.

We have a tendency to greatly overate ourselves on this board.

Of course I do occasionally read the AAC board and the ACC board and they have similar problems.

6 hours ago, RogueStout said:

You have to just leave last year out of the argument. They don't seem to be very good on Defense this year. High octane Offense/Bad Defensive teams are really unpredictable.

I would love to have a shot at them, and would be interested to see what Fresno would do with them. 

I think they would contend in either Division, but again, how would they do up against a good, physical Defense that gets after the QB? 

I think they'd win the MWC if they were here, but they wouldn't do so undefeated.

• Like 2

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

9 hours ago, pokerider said:

well UCF really has just 1 good win this year, they beat a good Pitt team whereas Fresno lost to a 6-6 Minn and Boise lost to 6-6 Okie St.  

Pitt is mediocre at best. I would simply categorize them as the least crappy team in the worst division of all P5 conferences...there is a reason they are playing in a conference championship game with a 7-5 record. They will be very fortunate to not lose by 35+ against Clemson.

10 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

the world may never know...what I do care about is if they can beat Memphis this week. Thing is, if I were a betting man, I'd take UCF.

Well, if Memphis does beat UCF, how will they send their Conference Title Trophy to UH Manoa? US Postal, FedEx or UPS?

1 minute ago, fanhood said:

Well, if Memphis does beat UCF, how will they send their Conference Title Trophy to UH Manoa? US Postal, FedEx or UPS?

I'll hand deliver it for em...I've always wanted to visit Hawai'i

mem skyline sig.jpeg

After watching a season's worth of AAC games, it is almost appalling how little defense is played in that conference across the board. I'm not sure their offense would be as prolific against a full MWC schedule as they have been in the AAC. They are talented and should be given credit for what they have done, which is difficult at any level, but I honestly don't think they would win either division.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

the world may never know...what I do care about is if they can beat Memphis this week. Thing is, if I were a betting man, I'd take UCF.

The over/under is 80 so the over is probably a decent play for this one.

Memphis +3.5 says the oddsmakers think this game will be close. 

It's nice to think that you could lose by a field goal to UCF and still collect if you get 3.5. 

However you might celebrate inappropriately around a bunch of other Memphis fans.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, slappy said:

2 years without a loss is an accomplishment no matter what conference.  They are a really good football team. 

They are better than any MW team and most P5's.

If they can go undefeated for two years, I doubt they'd have much of a problem in either of our divisions this season.

• Haha 1

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama