bluerules009

Does anyone think UCF would win either the Mountain or the West divisions

7 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

They really don't look that impressive and that was before they lost their QB.

Zero defense against a really weak schedule.

The Big Sky champ would win that league.

Does would mean hands down win either?  Or does it mean, could they?

It is certainly not automatic.  Would they be in the running, sure.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

7 minutes ago, renoskier said:

And yet the Massey Composite, which is pretty much all of the computer rankings, has UCF #8 and Boise State #20:shrug:

I just looked at a handful of models that are designed to pick point spreads (which are usually the best predictors of who will win future games). Every model said UCF would be either a coin flip or a thin favorite versus any of the top 3 MWC teams on a neutral field.

21 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

I just looked at a handful of models that are designed to pick point spreads (which are usually the best predictors of who will win future games). Every model said UCF would be either a coin flip or a thin favorite versus any of the top 3 MWC teams on a neutral field.

Right, a slight favorite. That's exactly what you'd expect from an #8 vs #20 at a neutral site.

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

How was Pitt a good win? Because they gave Notre Dame a good game? They went 7-5. 

It's the best win of any G5 team this year, I believe :(

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

SDSU's Arizona State win was just as good IMO. Pitt lost to North Carolina for +++++'s sake. 

I forgot about ASU, you're right. Thanks 'tecs. 

That said... man it feels like the power/mid major gap has really widened in just the last 10 years. money.

• Like 2

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

Of the people replying, how many took the time to watch 6 or 7 UCF games min this year?  How many watched the Auburn bowl win?  How many watched last year's UCF regular season games?  A team that went back to back undefeated seasons, won multiple P5 games, and is top 15 again would be favored to win the MWC.  Put it another way, if Boise or Fresno had done the same exact thing and was on a 20+ winning streak and knocked off an SEC top team in a bowl game,  would you be questioning if they could win the AAC?

You have to just leave last year out of the argument. They don't seem to be very good on Defense this year. High octane Offense/Bad Defensive teams are really unpredictable.

I would love to have a shot at them, and would be interested to see what Fresno would do with them. 

I think they would contend in either Division, but again, how would they do up against a good, physical Defense that gets after the QB? 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

And yet the Massey Composite, which is pretty much all of the computer rankings, has UCF #8 and Boise State #20:shrug:

The Massey Composite also includes the human polls, and not all computer polls are created equal.

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

The Massey Composite also includes the human polls, and not all computer polls are created equal.

True, but it includes a total of approx 110 different systems. No particular system is weighted, so it's certainly enough to get a consensus.

9 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

They really don't look that impressive and that was before they lost their QB.

Zero defense against a really weak schedule.

The Big Sky champ would win that league.

Yes, I think it would win both. Conversely I think us, Fresno and Utah state would have two or three losses if we were in the  AAC.

5 hours ago, cardrater said:

Wins against PITT, Cincy, Temple, and Memphis are pretty impressive.

The AAC took care of business ooc while the MWC got beat in games that mattered. I do think UCF would be ranked and going to the conference championship game if they were in either MW division.

I would not call any of those wins "impressive".   They were good wins but hardly impressive.  I don't think Fresno, Boise, Utah State or UCF had any impressive wins this year.   The 2 biggest MW wins this year were SDSU beating Arizona State and Boise being Troy.   Those were good wins as well but not impressive.   The only G5 win I would call impressive this year was Akron beating Northwestern and thats only because NW is in the B10 title game.