Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

2018-19 Coaching Carousel

Just now, trvitmvnz said:

I think Georgia Tech is now the best job currently on the market 

Could be. We'll see what some new life can do to that program.

11 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Seriously.  Money isn't enough to be to blame for not getting it done at a perennial mid-pack team.  And to have to do it in Lubbock, TX?  Pass.

I feel like Wells is at the point in his career where every hot young G5 coach needs to learn the hard lessons about what is and isn't a good step up from your current situation.    Bet he takes it, struggles to a few games over .500 overall and is gone in 2022.

15 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Seriously.  Money isn't enough to be to blame for not getting it done at a perennial mid-pack team.  And to have to do it in Lubbock, TX?  Pass.

Bullshit! How much does Wells make now, $600K? Kingsbury was making about $4 million.     Hello Lubbock!

3 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I feel like Wells is at the point in his career where every hot young G5 coach needs to learn the hard lessons about what is and isn't a good step up from your current situation.    Bet he takes it, struggles to a few games over .500 overall and is gone in 2022.

50 minutes ago, AG Blue said:

Wells is making about $1.1 million this year from what I have seen. 

unless he has incentives out the wazoo coming down the pipe he's gone then, texas tech can probably come close to tripling that.

Wells knows the passing game and passing is all TT has ever been known for. Also, a couple of the current members of the B12 are almost certain to leave in 4-5 years and be replaced by schools with lesser football talent and the B12 is also likely to add an additional 2-4 schools of relatively modest football quality. So I think Wells would perform to the same level at TT as did the Pirate.

Boom goes the dynamite.