Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

2018-19 Coaching Carousel

15 hours ago, Lobonado said:

Maryland is going to hire Mike Locksley. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he has improved, but in my opinion he is probably the worst NCAA division I football coach ever.

I’d say Nick Saban has a little juice....

18 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Read they zeroing in on Chris Klieman HC from NDSU.

cool beans! I really don't want to lose Norvell...I hear he likes to gamble...the UofM needs to open him a line of credit in Tunica and West Memphis just to insure he stays awhile longer.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 12/8/2018 at 7:52 AM, UofMTigers said:

cool beans! I really don't want to lose Norvell...I hear he likes to gamble...the UofM needs to open him a line of credit in Tunica and West Memphis just to insure he stays awhile longer.

K St hires Chris Klieman as HC so Norvell is safe for now.

6 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

K St hires Chris Klieman as HC so Norvell is safe for now.

Yup, Norvell tweeted he isn’t leaving...says he likes it at Memphis. That makes me a happy camper :-)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

4 hours ago, BacksThePack said:

Swap Norvells?

nah, I think I'll keep ours lol.

It was kinda amusing since the local beat writer linked a tweet from Norvell talking about his future at Memphis and said something like "outside of ending the speculation right now, this doesn't sound like a guy who's leaving"

30 mins later Norvell tweeted him back "stop speculating...I'm not leaving" lol...we've never had a coach tech savvy enough to tweet someone back.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lobo Amor said:

Appy St to name NC St DC Eli Drinkwitz as their new HC. It's a good hire for Appy St IMO. I guess you could call Appy St the Boise St of the east.

Former NC State and Boise State Offensive Coordinator Drinkwitz.  He was on Harsin's staff at Arkansas State when Harsin took that job in 2013 and followed him to Boise.  Harsin's first OC in Boise was Mike Sanford, Jr. He left after a year and Drinkwitz replaced him.  Sanford was just fired as Western Kentucky's HC, and is thought to be a leading candidate to replace Drinkwitz at NC State.