Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

2018-19 Coaching Carousel

7 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

We won't have to in yr-one.  He has 3-4 yrs to get there.

I said ...ever... not year one....TTU has had 2 ......8 win seasons since 2011.  Wells isn't going to get there in 3-4 years or ever. 

Updates: Meyer out at OSU being replaced by Ryan Day.

Scott Sutterfield leaving Appy St to be Louisville HC. So Appy St needs a coach now.

Liberty in need of a HC considering Hugh Freeze?

Walt Bell to be UMass new HC.

Charlotte expected to make decision today on HC.

On 11/29/2018 at 9:51 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

He won't get 8 at TTU. ...ever....but he will get paid very well.

On 12/3/2018 at 10:18 AM, GoState99755 said:

He won't have to in yr-one.  He has 3-4 yrs to get there.

16 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I said ...ever... not year one....TTU has had 2 ......8 win seasons since 2011.  Wells isn't going to get there in 3-4 years or ever. 

Didn't say he would.  Just outlining the time-frame for the coaching Hot Seat in Lubbock.

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Northern Arizona (Big Sky) looking at Boise State WR coach (good recruiter and offensive mind - I thought he should be our OC if Hill left.)

Other than Avalos this is out best assistant coach. I hope we don't lose him.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

3 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

Updates: Meyer out at OSU being replaced by Ryan Day.

Scott Sutterfield leaving Appy St to be Louisville HC. So Appy St needs a coach now.

Liberty in need of a HC considering Hugh Freeze?

Walt Bell to be UMass new HC.

Charlotte expected to make decision today on HC.

As a cheating POS, Freeze would be perfect for Liberty - assuming Liberty aspires to be another Baylor.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, rudolro said:

Didn't Freeze have some hooker or stripper issues

If so it doesn't sound like a great fit at a Christian School.

Looking the other way from sexual transgressions wrk'd for Baylor...at least for a little while.

Baylor is a "Christian School" like Liberty.

Our president has "...some hooker stripper issues," and he's support by the Christian Right.  ¿Is there a pattern here?

18 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Really? He was pretty underwhelming here.

I thought our WR's were very good considering how many injuries there were. I'm not sure he's OC or HC material but he's very good with the wide receivers.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

5 minutes ago, teappotts said:

I thought our WR's were very good considering how many injuries there were. I'm not sure he's OC or HC material but he's very good with the wide receivers.

Honestly I couldn't tell how good he was with our WRs because his offense was so bad.

So you maybe right. Also this sounds a lot like the SJSU hiring.

45 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Looking the other way from sexual transgressions wrk'd for Baylor...at least for a little while.

Baylor is a "Christian School" like Liberty.

Our president has "...some hooker stripper issues," and he's support by the Christian Right.  ¿Is there a pattern here?

I guess WWJD doesn't mean the same thing today

27 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Honestly I couldn't tell how good he was with our WRs because his offense was so bad.

So you maybe right. Also this sounds a lot like the SJSU hiring.

The one bad blip in his career was that 2016 Fresno season.  

Throughout his career, Kiesau has overseen prolific offenses and helped develop national award winners that went on to play in the National Football League. In his debut season as a wide receivers coach, he mentored the national leader in receptions at Utah State (Kevin Curtis, 100).

Between his two stints at California, Kiesau worked with future NFL All-Pro DeSean Jackson and future NFL Rookie of the Year Keenan Allen. He also mentored Marvin Jones, a fifth-round selection in the 2012 NFL Draft, Lavelle Hawkins, a fourth-round selection (2008), and Geoff McArthur, who established the Golden Bears' career receptions record (202), a mark that was later broken by Allen.

While with Colorado, Kiesau worked with Scotty McKnight, who concluded his career as the Buffaloes' all-time leader in receptions (219), receiving yards (2,588) and touchdown receptions (22).

As Washington's offensive coordinator, the Huskies produced a John Mackey Award winner (Austin Saferian-Jenkins), given to the nation's top tight end, and an All-American running back (Bishop Sankey) that went on to be the first player drafted at his position. The Washington offense also ranked amongst the nation's elite in both total offense (13th; 499.3 yards per game) and scoring offense (18th; 37.9 points per game).

But winning at NAU is going to be tough...Big Sky has a lot of really good programs and coaches.  Kind of surprising that he'd want that instead of an OC job in FBS.  But maybe being forced out or doesn't get along with Harsin?  Who knows?

13 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The one bad blip in his career was that 2016 Fresno season.  

But winning at NAU is going to be tough...Big Sky has a lot of really good programs and coaches.  Kind of surprising that he'd want that instead of an OC job in FBS.  But maybe being forced out or doesn't get along with Harsin?  Who knows?

Maybe Harsin seems to burn through OC's at pretty high rate. I'm surprised Hill isn't looking for a job also.

What I found odd is that Tedford had him in his staff at Cal and didn't retain him.

44 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

Maryland is going to hire Mike Locksley. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he has improved, but in my opinion he is probably the worst NCAA division I football coach ever.

Really shakey hire given his off the field issues at UNM.

52 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

Maryland is going to hire Mike Locksley. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he has improved, but in my opinion he is probably the worst NCAA division I football coach ever.

:lol: What happens with folks who you don't give "the benefit of the doubt"?