Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

MWC Championship Game - Fresno St at Boise St

11 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Wtf is that?  Is that what passes as taco at truck stops

Not sure as I usually only eat discounted sushi at truck stops. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

13 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Who's out for Fresno?

Haynes, starting DT hasn’t played in the last two games.  He was playing hurt before that, but should be good to go for the championship game.  Atkins, the other starting DT, has played very little in the last two games too.  

24 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Who's out for Fresno?

Emeka Ndoh--DE; Jasad Haynes--DT; Kevin Atkins--DT. Three starters. 

Contrary to the previous poster's assertions, I'm not certain that Haynes will be ready to go. He wasn't even dressed for the last game and seemed to have a nasty ankle injury. 

8 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

My guess Boise will be -7 to open.

7 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Seems a little high. I'm thinking bsu -4

5 hours ago, Super six said:

Boise 2pt Favorite 

Boise State opens as a 3 point favorite....the line has moved down to -2.5, for now.

10 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Boise State opens as a 3 point favorite....the line has moved down to -2.5, for now.

The USU game kicked at -2.5 too and that worked out well for BSU, although I suspect the line may move back to -3 or -3.5 by the end of the week. On a side note, it's too bad USU and Fresno didn't get to play this year...that would have been a really entertaining game to see.

6 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

So, who do we play in the Vegas bowl if we don’t get the Fiesta?

USC??

That’d be nice....

Most predictions seem to be ASU.  SB nation is projecting Fresno to win and face Stanford in LVB.  They have us vs Marshall in the NM Bowl, barf. https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/11/25/18110850/bowl-projections-2018-college-football-playoff-predictions

Id prefer Cal or Stanford before ASU.  Of course fingers crossed for a UCF loss then give us whoever!!!!!!

23 hours ago, KingBronco said:

Should be another great one. BSU's defense is being held together with tape and rubber bands right now but they have still managed to shut down both Fresno and USU in the last couple weeks. I think it will come down to turnovers and who can run the ball more effectively. If it happens to come down to special teams we are probably screwed.

So you think BSU will be able to play Fresno without the special teams every coming on the field?  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

12 hours ago, An Admirer from the East said:

Most predictions seem to be ASU.  SB nation is projecting Fresno to win and face Stanford in LVB.  They have us vs Marshall in the NM Bowl, barf. https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/11/25/18110850/bowl-projections-2018-college-football-playoff-predictions

Id prefer Cal or Stanford before ASU.  Of course fingers crossed for a UCF loss then give us whoever!!!!!! 

OMG....

We cannot lose to Fresno!!

121417rypien1.jpg?itok=zhAQ-n_p

Better just leave ^ here for good luck this Saturday...

New-Signature.jpg

On 11/25/2018 at 1:29 AM, UNLV2001 said:

Boise State to Host Fresno State in 2018 Mountain West Football Championship Game

Boise State will host Fresno State in the 2018 Mountain West Football Championship Game by virtue of a head-to-head victory on Nov. 9 (24-17). Being played on Saturday, Dec. 1 at Albertsons Stadium in Boise, Idaho, kickoff is set for 5:45 p.m. MT/4:45 p.m. PT and the game will be televised on ESPN for the third consecutive year.

The Broncos (7-1 MW, 10-2 overall), led by head coach Bryan Harsin, clinched the Mountain Division on Saturday after defeating nationally-ranked Utah State (33-24). Boise State is hosting the MW Football Championship Game for the second consecutive year and third time overall.

Under second-year head coach Jeff Tedford, the Bulldogs (7-1 MW, 10-2 overall) clinched the West Division after defeating San Diego State (23-14) on Nov. 17. Fresno State will appear in the league championship contest for the second consecutive season and the fourth time in the last six years.

The 2018 MW title contest will be a rematch of the 2014 and 2017 MW Football Championship Games, which were also held in Boise. The Broncos won both contests.

Am I the only one that finds it funny that BSU is hosting because of the win head-to-head?