Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaperTigerUSU

BYU blows 27-7 lead

Glad Utah turned it on for the final 15 minutes to send BYU to another meaningless loss 

Utah needs to end this series, as it means nothing to to Utah in the grand scheme or if it has to be played make it early in the season like any other non-conference game 

28 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

The MWC needss to start scheduling Utah instead of byu, that way they get p5 money and can parlay the victory to a NY6 bowl. 

Better game.  Better team   

Utah has grown since leaving the MW.  Glad for them.  Looks like a typical season for Byu ( with a senior QB ) will be fighting to reach .500

sometimes the grass isn’t greener.  

1 hour ago, slappy said:

Better game.  Better team   

Utah has grown since leaving the MW.  Glad for them.  Looks like a typical season for Byu ( with a senior QB ) will be fighting to reach .500

sometimes the grass isn’t greener.  

BYU’s QB is a rue freshman and is a total stud.  He has a high ceiling.    Both teams with RB injuries and playing with back up QBs.

Typical Y v U game.

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

5 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Win what all?

You will hear Heisman talk and playoffs based on fall camp sightings. Their fans are perhaps the most delusional ass hats in FBS. I think they improve next year but you can usually cut BYU fan predictions in half.

#staywoke

4 hours ago, utenation said:

You will hear Heisman talk and playoffs based on fall camp sightings. Their fans are perhaps the most delusional ass hats in FBS. I think they improve next year but you can usually cut BYU fan predictions in half.

#staywoke

I'll comment and then more than likely be gone until next season.  First,  I doubt you'll hear a lot of Heisman or playoff talk. 

Next,  this years team was not near as bad as many of the folks on here make it out. The offense was bad,  most of the time.  The defense was pretty good,  most of the time.  They won six games.  Two against P5 teams,  and played two other P5's pretty doggone tough.  They had two games that they probably should have won,   and another they certainly could have won.  In large degree I thought the play calling in critical situations was pathetic. 

As for next year,  I'd say another 6-6 or maybe 7-5. The early schedule is tough.  I may be over optimistic with that projection.  The offense seems to be headed in the right direction and I think Wilson could be very good. He needs better wide outs. I think the defense may take a step back.  Losing quite a bit.

7 minutes ago, pacougar said:

I'll comment and then more than likely be gone until next season.  First,  I doubt you'll hear a lot of Heisman or playoff talk. 

Next,  this years team was not near as bad as many of the folks on here make it out. The offense was bad,  most of the time.  The defense was pretty good,  most of the time.  They won six games.  Two against P5 teams,  and played two other P5's pretty doggone tough.  They had two games that they probably should have one,  and another they certainly could have won.  In large degree I thought the play calling in critical situations was pathetic. 

As for next year,  I'd say another 6-6 or maybe 7-5. The early schedule is tough.  I may be over optimistic with that projection.  The offense seems to be headed in the right direction and I think Wilson could be very good. He needs better wide outs. I think the defense may take a step back.  Losing quite a bit.

It’s a hard road ahead for BYU. You have coaching candidate limitations that limit your choices to card carrying members of the club. Even if you wanted to fire Sitake you don’t have a viable replacement. I’ve also heard BYU doesn’t pay all that well but can’t confirm that.

You also have to recruit kids that don’t want to have premarital sex or drink any booze for 4 years. There’s a limited pool of those type of kids, and you’re always going to be competing for the best of those kids (Instate Utah and USU to a lesser extent) and out of state with P5 programs. It’s a hard slog. For as much as BYU fans defend independence that’s another big challenge. Tough away games that challenge your depth and a home schedule that looks like what you had in the MW- not all that appealing. 

Youre aware of all these challenges, but I think because of those challenges you’ll see 6-8 wins a year with a few down years for the foreseeable future. If you get a transformative player like Taysom Hill you could exceed expectations, but those win totals are Definitely not in line with most BYU fans expectations. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

9 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

It’s a hard road ahead for BYU. You have coaching candidate limitations that limit your choices to card carrying members of the club. Even if you wanted to fire Sitake you don’t have a viable replacement. I’ve also heard BYU doesn’t pay all that well but can’t confirm that.

You also have to recruit kids that don’t want to have premarital sex or drink any booze for 4 years. There’s a limited pool of those type of kids, and you’re always going to be competing for the best of those kids (Instate Utah and USU to a lesser extent) and out of state with P5 programs. It’s a hard slog. For as much as BYU fans defend independence that’s another big challenge. Tough away games that challenge your depth and a home schedule that looks like what you had in the MW- not all that appealing. 

Youre aware of all these challenges, but I think because of those challenges you’ll see 6-8 wins a year with a few down years for the foreseeable future. If you get a transformative player like Taysom Hill you could exceed expectations, but those win totals are Definitely not in line with most BYU fans expectations. 

Look at the next two years home schedule. They ain't too shabby.  I'll admit,  I didn't buy season tickets this year (I went to all but one game). I will buy them next year and hope the results are better. 

3 hours ago, pacougar said:

Look at the next two years home schedule. They ain't too shabby.  I'll admit,  I didn't buy season tickets this year (I went to all but one game). I will buy them next year and hope the results are better. 

I was impressed with you physicality.  Wilson is no joke and a couple bruiser TEs....you guys are building something IMO.  Could be scary good in the next 1-2 years.

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!