TheTedfordTrain

Meet The New Bosses-

11 minutes ago, rudolro said:

All right donkey dicks. It's on, your refs will not be able to stop the Dogs this time around

NEVER underestimate the Boise Term Sheet Deal!!!

F03FDD10-6BDF-4138-AA8B-B572CC3055D4.jpeg.d892fa6d9430b2d2dedd34aabf731fe1.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I’m not sure I understand this “we’re the WAC” pride, some people have on this board? Is it because teams were left behind when the MW was created?

Is it because as teams from a then, rapidly collapsing wac, came into the MW, they (fans anyway), came in with chips on their shoulders and something to prove mentality?

Do you want to bury the MW, break away and reform/relive your wac days? 

Im happy for BSU and FSU, and hoping we (the MWC), gets the NY6 invite, and I will cheer for all MWC teams during bowl season, but I don’t see the ‘us versus them’ devision on this board?.

• Like 2

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

12 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

I’m not sure I understand this “we’re the WAC” pride, some people have on this board? Is it because teams were left behind when the MW was created?

Is it because as teams from a then, rapidly collapsing wac, came into the MW, they (fans anyway), came in with chips on their shoulders and something to prove mentality?

Im happy for BSU and FSU, and hoping we (the MWC), gets the NY6 invite, and I will cheer for all MWC teams during bowl season, but I don’t see the ‘us versus them’ devision on this board?.

I don’t get it either. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

17 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

For me it isn't anything personal like that. Just competetive bragging rights. We came in and have been in charge more often than not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

One team got betrayed and the other was viewed as not good enough for an invitation for way too long. Now we’re here to kick your ass. Enjoy it. 

• Haha 1

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

8 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

From the Fresno State perspective, we were +++++ed over by the original MWC teams electing to leave without us because of the BYU hatred of Welty. By all rights, we should have been one of the original MWC teams, but it took another another 13 years for us to get an invitation. So while I do root for MWC teams to win in bowl games and OOC, I'm not at all disappointed when the old WAC teams kill off the original MWC. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, roughrider said:

Don't read too much into it LoboMan.  It has more to do with how the WAC was looked at by you all back in the day then anything looking forward.  This is home and we're all settled in.   

Exactly. It only comes up when folks bemoan how good they were in the good old days. Except they were the cellar dwellers back then too. If they lubed up and accepted their new bosses gracefully, it wouldn’t come up

• Haha 2

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

I do recall many on this Board were particularly against USU coming in.  With the exception of SUDS, it is true that MWC FB is being dominated by the refills.  Granted SJSU has been a FB disaster.  Id say on the whole the current MWC @12 with a CCG is pretty awesome and will be even better after BYU comes to its senses and returns along UTSA or UNT.  Sorry UTEP, no amount of nostalgia will ever get you in.

Yes we are still bitter.  The WAC invaded and has conquered the  MWC left-behinds.  Nevada is probably the only school without a reason to be bitter since they got their lifeline when the MWC schools ran off.

In either case, the MWC schools just need to buy the WAC-name and history/record books (and a new commish) and take it over and all will be right again.

On 11/25/2018 at 12:42 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

How bad must the WAC had been?

Well you know how it goes, with a full 5 years of better media rights, recruiting, and coaching any team can start to compete in a better conference

21 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I'd be happy if we bought the rights to the "WAC" name from the sad remnant of that conference and just re-branded ourselves as the continuation of the WAC. It is just a better conference name.

12 hours ago, retrofade said:

From the Fresno State perspective, we were +++++ed over by the original MWC teams electing to leave without us because of the BYU hatred of Welty. By all rights, we should have been one of the original MWC teams, but it took another another 13 years for us to get an invitation. So while I do root for MWC teams to win in bowl games and OOC, I'm not at all disappointed when the old WAC teams kill off the original MWC. 

Fresno State voted to kill the early '90s, 10 team WAC that had good bowl tie-ins and that was well positioned to be a true counterweight to the Big East. You deserved your decade in the wilderness

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Well you know how it goes, with a full 5 years of better media rights, recruiting, and coaching any team can start to compete in a better conference

I'd be happy if we bought the rights to the "WAC" name from the sad remnant of that conference and just re-branded ourselves as the continuation of the WAC. It is just a better conference name.

Fresno State voted to kill the early '90s, 10 team WAC that had good bowl tie-ins and that was well positioned to be a true counterweight to the Big East. You deserved your decade in the wilderness

I'm pretty sure that all ten presidents voted for that expand to 16 teams nonsense... in any event, we didn't make it happen on our own. :P

Buying the WAC rights and re-branding back to it would be a pretty cool idea. The conference name is certainly steeped in history. 

Just now, retrofade said:

I'm pretty sure that all ten presidents voted for that expand to 16 teams nonsense... in any event, we didn't make it happen on our own. :P

Buying the WAC rights and re-branding back to it would be a pretty cool idea. The conference name is certainly steeped in history. 

Yeah, and you voted yes. So did CSU but they already are CSU, it's not like anything we do to them is going to be worse than that

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

This Fresno guy also seems to have forgotten two years ago they were 1-11. It's all cyclical. And they gave us SJSU. This whole thread is just weird.

Don't put that SJSU voodoo on us... that came about because Boise and SUDS were going to the AAC. 

We definitely don't forget about the having been worse than SJSU just a few years ago either... but despite that, we're still 50-40 with two conference championships and four division championships since we joined in 2012. 

5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yeah, and you voted yes. So did CSU but they already are CSU, it's not like anything we do to them is going to be worse than that

You voted yes as well, so what's the excuse there? :P

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

You voted yes as well, so what's the excuse there? :P

We voted no. It was a 6-4 vote. 

18 minutes ago, happycamper said:

We voted no. It was a 6-4 vote. 

I did some digging, and it looks like it was a 4-4 vote with Hawai'i breaking the tie...

For Expansion
CSU
Fresno
SDSU
UTEP

Against Expansion
Air Force
BYU
Utah
Wyoming

New Mexico didn't vote, and Hawai'i broke the tie as the chair of the committee. That being said, it looks like Fresno, Hawai'i, and SDSU wanted SJSU and UNLV in the conference, and UTEP wanted to grab the leftover SWC schools. Neither expansion proposal had the votes on their own, so Fresno/SDSU made a deal with UTEP that was essentially, "you vote for ours, and we'll vote for yours". +++++ing stupid if that's how it happened... I think a lot of it is more apocryphal at this point though. 

Imagine what could have happened if we simply invited UNLV and TCU, and left everyone else out.