thespywhozaggedme

If Memphis beats UCF, the MWC champ will get the NY6 game

38 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I love the hell hole.  You know if you get accosted by one of the local bums on campus you can break piece of that stadium off to defend yourself.

It's the only MWC stadium I've not been to.  Sounds like I must trek to this place and see said campus bums and crumbling facilites.

Just now, NorthWestCowboy said:

It's irrelevant.  Nothing would be different if all G5's held hands and sang kumbaya.

just like a 13-0 UCF never really had a shot at a playoff spot...the same would be true of Boise, SDSU, Fresno, etc...we're not invited to the 'Power Playoff'

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

There's 4 or 5 Memphis fans on the AAC board saying that a 4 loss Memphis would get the NY6 over a 2 loss Boise, Fresno or USU. 

Some people just refuse to understand how the rankings work.

As to the topic at hand, the nice thing is that, assuming Fresno beats SJSU, then the MWC champ should definitely be ranked. And if the champ comes out of the Mountain, that champ will be inside the Top 20 (it the CFP poll). Not sure where Fresno would end up, but likely in the 20-25 range.

42 minutes ago, retrofade said:

They can't get the automatic G5 NY6 spot if they're not a conference champion. 

That rule is  so stoopid I can think of only two reasons for it: (1) it was an attempt to bump up attendance for conference title games, or more likely, (2) it was created by Craig Thompson and Mike Aresco.

Even if UCF loses to Memphis, UCF is the most deserving of playing in the NY6. That's true even though Milton won't be able to play in their bowl game.

Boom goes the dynamite.

53 minutes ago, retrofade said:

They can't get the automatic G5 NY6 spot if they're not a conference champion. 

That rule is so ridiculous that its genesis has to be either (1) a desire to bump up attendance for conference title games, or, more likely, (2) there was no logic for it whatsoever and it was the creation of Craig Thompson and Mike Aresco.

Even if UCF loses to Memphis, particularly without Milton being able to play, no other school will be as deserving of the NY6 berth. As to Fresno State, no offense meant since you guys have had another good year under the best HC in our conference but if you play in that game, I foresee you representing the Group of 6 schools about as competently as Hawaii did in 2007.

Boom goes the dynamite.

32 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

UofMStateU wrote this:

You had your chance. You blew it. Actions have consequences. Enjoy the G4.

he honestly believes that we are in the "g4". lol

Arguing with those dorks is like arguing with byu fans. 

They have a team that hasn't lost in two years and aren't even close to the playoffs. Screams p6. 

• Like 1

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

2 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

There's 4 or 5 Memphis fans on the AAC board saying that a 4 loss Memphis would get the NY6 over a 2 loss Boise, Fresno or USU. 

Think about this for a second.  If Fresno St. win the CCG it would have 2 losses.  If BSU wins the CCG it would have 2 losses.  If USU wins the CCG it would have ...

(wait for it)

1 loss.  Ain’t no way a 4-loss Memphis St. team jumps USU let alone Fresno St. or Boise St.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

That rule is so ridiculous that its genesis has to be either (1) a desire to bump up attendance for conference title games, or, more likely, (2) there was no logic for it whatsoever and it was the creation of Craig Thompson and Mike Aresco.

Even if UCF loses to Memphis, particularly without Milton being able to play, no other school will be as deserving of the NY6 berth. As to Fresno State, no offense meant since you guys have had another good year under the best HC in our conference but if you play in that game, I foresee you representing the Group of 6 schools about as competently as Hawaii did in 2007.

Lol! What? I'm sorry your team stinks so bad this year that it can't even compete with lowly Utah State, but the idea that a one-loss UCF is more deserving than Fresno or USU (much less better) is absurd. UCF has a SOS that's almost as bad as USU's SOS. And even then Michigan State is better than anyone UCF has played all season. UCF's two best wins are against Cincinnati and Memphis, both of whom are top-40 teams at best. Meanwhile BSU, USU, and FSU are all top-25 or so. The MWC champion will have at least one top-25 win (and most likely 2-3) versus 0 for UCF. I think a strong case could be made that the MWC champion is more deserving than even an undefeated UCF. A one-loss UCF is a no-brainer. They have beaten no one with a pulse all season. Also, Nate Silver had an article saying basically that FSU and BSU were both better than UCF based on computer rankings. I think that might be going a little too far; most rankings have UCF, BSU, FSU, and USU all approximately equal. But the idea that UCF is far better than FSU or any of the other top three teams in the MWC is silly. I know it has to be humiliating that your team can't even compete in the "Molehill Worst." I'm sure you would be winning multiple national championships if teams like BSU, USU, and FSU weren't holding you back. But you're simply delusional if you think UCF is significantly better than any of those three teams.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, utaggies said:

Think about this for a second.  If Fresno St. win the CCG it would have 2 losses.  If BSU wins the CCG it would have 2 losses.  If USU wins the CCG it would have ...

(wait for it)

1 loss.  Ain’t no way a 4-loss Memphis St. team jumps USU let alone Fresno St. or Boise St.

Ha! You are right. I didn't even realize that. My bad

1 hour ago, StanfordAggie said:

Lol! What? I'm sorry your team stinks so bad this year that it can't even compete with lowly Utah State, but the idea that a one-loss UCF is more deserving than Fresno or USU (much less better) is absurd. UCF has a SOS that's almost as bad as USU's SOS. And even then Michigan State is better than anyone UCF has played all season. UCF's two best wins are against Cincinnati and Memphis, both of whom are top-40 teams at best. Meanwhile BSU, USU, and FSU are all top-25 or so. The MWC champion will have at least one top-25 win (and most likely 2-3) versus 0 for UCF. I think a strong case could be made that the MWC champion is more deserving than even an undefeated UCF. A one-loss UCF is a no-brainer. They have beaten no one with a pulse all season. Also, Nate Silver had an article saying basically that FSU and BSU were both better than UCF based on computer rankings. I think that might be going a little too far; most rankings have UCF, BSU, FSU, and USU all approximately equal. But the idea that UCF is far better than FSU or any of the other top three teams in the MWC is silly. I know it has to be humiliating that your team can't even compete in the "Molehill Worst." I'm sure you would be winning multiple national championships if teams like BSU, USU, and FSU weren't holding you back. But you're simply delusional if you think UCF is significantly better than any of those three teams.

Not even a weak case can be made for that.

Boom goes the dynamite.

The Memphis fans are completely dillusional thinking they and their four losses would jump a one or two loss MWC champion. They lost to Navy and Tulane... Based on those two losses alone the CFP committee would dismiss them against any two loss team. 

1 minute ago, Dogday63 said:

The Memphis fans are completely dillusional thinking they and their four losses would jump a one or two loss MWC champion. They lost to Navy and Tulane... Based on those two losses alone the CFP committee would dismiss them against any two loss team. 

For a sea of delusional thinking, check the Pea6 board sometime.

That said, you guys sure aren't doing anything tonight to assuage my fear that you would make a horrible Group of 5 NY6 game representative.

Boom goes the dynamite.

22 minutes ago, Dogday63 said:

congrats to Tulane on getting to 6-6 and gaining bowl eligibility...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

8 hours ago, godogsgo said:

Dont see UCF dropping enough for anyone else to get in, even with an L next week

Totally agree. Boise would have to blow out/shut out both Utah St and Fresno to jump a 1 loss UCF that is currently 14 spots in front of them.

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

4 minutes ago, Pokez said:

Totally agree. Boise would have to blow out/shut out both Utah St and Fresno to jump a 1 loss UCF that is currently 14 spots in front of them.

Again, if UCF loses, they're not eligible for the automatic G5 NY6 bid.

• Like 3