lawofthejunglenv

Nevada vs UMass Game Thread

Just now, blind_squirrel54 said:

Pack’s defensive rating will be taking a hit after this week. 

We are Neva_a!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

I’m used to that being a football thing. 

Right? And our defense has been pretty decent this year with football. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Next game is our Sweet 16 rematch against Loyola.  

2 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Fun game to watch.

UMass just wilted in 2nd half.

Nevada is pretty f----ing deep.

Speaking of which, those were Nisre’s best minutes so far, even if he didn’t get in on the second half. I still think we’re going to need that guy.

1 hour ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

Pack’s defensive rating will be taking a hit after this week. 

Yep. Kenpom dropped us 15 spots to 46. We were in the low 20’s a week ago. We did jump duke on offense to number 1.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

This is the perfectly built team to go deep in the tourney. They can out pace and out tact larger teams and out block and out rebound and out pass smaller quicker teams. The bench depth us stupid good. I've noticed that the first 10 minutes they are stuck in the lower gears, then BOOM!!! Afterburners... they have so much chemistry and so much depth they can exhaust inferior opponents and should be able to keep pace with the best til the final buzzer without getting tired. And to have the porter/brown big combo along with quick and deadly shooter johnson. This team is crazy talented

Next year I fear a drop off because of losing so many seniors

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

This is the perfectly built team to go deep in the tourney. They can out pace and out tact larger teams and out block and out rebound and out pass smaller quicker teams. The bench depth us stupid good. I've noticed that the first 10 minutes they are stuck in the lower gears, then BOOM!!! Afterburners... they have so much chemistry and so much depth they can exhaust inferior opponents and should be able to keep pace with the best til the final buzzer without getting tired. And to have the porter/brown big combo along with quick and deadly shooter johnson. This team is crazy talented

Next year I fear a drop off because of losing so many seniors

There’s gonna be a big drop, no question. We might still be pretty good, but this squad is all caps SPECIAL. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.