ph90702

MW is a 1 Bid League

16 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I watched USU against ASU. The biggest impression I had is they really get after it. They play with a lot of energy. That and their post looks like he may turn out to be the best in the MWC. They also have good shooting guards. IMO they look like a typical BYU team. Good enough to do well in league but not good enough to make the Dance unless they win the MWC tournament. I can see them finishing top three in the league. 

That would be great if USU could join in the conversation of possible teams making it to the dance. The more the MWC can have the better. 

I have been watching Fresno State play this morning.  I am impressed.  They look really good to me..They have excellent guards and Grimes is a beast.  I would certainly say the Bulldogs are a solid contender in the MW.

USU is in the nix.  UNLV is breaking in a lot of youngsters but they will gel soon.

It is never a good idea to discount Boise State either.

This conference is a lot better and deeper than a lot of folks around here believe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nvspuds said:

I have been watching Fresno State play this morning.  I am impressed.  They look really good to me..They have excellent guards and Grimes is a beast.  I would certainly say the Bulldogs are a solid contender in the MW.

USU is in the nix.  UNLV is breaking in a lot of youngsters but they will gel soon.

It is never a good idea to discount Boise State either.

This conference is a lot better and deeper than a lot of folks around here believe.

You are a lot more optimistic than me. Nevada is a lock for the Dance. So far I don’t see any other team that might qualify for an at large berth. IMO the league was better last year. Wyoming and Boise State have taken two steps backward. UNLV is ..well UNLV. UNM lost at home to NMSU. Fresno lacks a good big man. USU is improved but no world beater. AF and SJSU are going nowhere. Lump CSU in with Boise State and Wyoming. 

I just don’t see the reason for optimism. 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

You are a lot more optimistic than me. Nevada is a lock for the Dance. So far I don’t see any other team that might qualify for an at large berth. IMO the league was better last year. Wyoming and Boise State have taken two steps backward. UNLV is ..well UNLV. UNM lost at home to NMSU. Fresno lacks a good big man. USU is improved but no world beater. AF and SJSU are going nowhere. Lump CSU in with Boise State and Wyoming. 

UNLV hasn’t eliminated their at-large chances.

22 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Fair enough.  I haven't see everybody play yet.  Nevada is about to be sternly tested over the next several games.

54 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

NMSU will win the WAC again and be in tbe dance, they have a good team. Lobos have a chance to avenge in Las Cruces. Hope is not lost.

Guest #1Stunner
8 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

You scored a total of 50 pts at home to LMU.

You beat a Big Sky team, at home, by only 5 pts.

An at large or winning the MW tourney isn't happening.

LMU is actually pretty good this year.  LMU also beat Georgetown.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I didn’t say that UNLV is an at-large team.  I said they haven’t eliminated themselves.

UNLV is a dangerous team that finds ways to win games.  I've said all year, UNLV is the 3rd best basketball team in the MWC this year.

The BYU vs UNLV game is going to be a Battle.