ph90702

MW is a 1 Bid League

3 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

I expect two.  Y'all tend to beat up on each other and that will cost the MW an extra at-large.

The top four will dominate the rest of the conference. There are some bad teams in the bottom half. Still after it’s all said and done I see UNR and SDSU in the tournament. 

36 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The top four will dominate the rest of the conference. There are some bad teams in the bottom half. Still after it’s all said and done I see UNR and SDSU in the tournament. 

If Boise gets it shit together we might have 5 or 6 good to decent teams. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

25 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Do we know enough yet to do a football style rank em?

no, need about 2 or 3 more weeks

that said after watching fresno for 3 games i can confidently say we upgraded from rodney terry, whose UTEP team just eked out a win over a D2 school by 7 points.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Do we know enough yet to do a football style rank em?

After my top 3, I got stuck.  I haven't seen UNM play at all.  And not enough of most of the others.

I had NV., USU, & SDSU as my top three.  The next 3, who knows?

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

After my top 3, I got stuck.  I haven't seen UNM play at all.  And not enough of most of the others.

I had NV., USU, & SDSU as my top three.  The next 3, who knows?

i think fresno is number 4 but it depends on how bad our gaping hole in the post bites us

didn't expect New Williams to be a lights-out three shooter, from what we saw last year he just looked like a shorter Jaron Hopkins

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If Boise gets it shit together we might have 5 or 6 good to decent teams. 

Lol. Have you seen Boise play? This is easily Rice’s worst team talent wise. They missed on their recruiting for a couple of years. It will be his best coaching job if they win half their games. Rice needs to concentrate on developing his redshirts and bringing in a respectable post and start over next year. No way Boise State finishes in the top five of the MWC. More like the bottom three or four. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Lol. Have you seen Boise play? This is easily Rice’s worst team talent wise. They missed on their recruiting for a couple of years. It will be his best coaching job if they win half their games. Rice needs to concentrate on developing his redshirts and bringing in a respectable post and start over next year. No way Boise State finishes in the top five of the MWC. More like the bottom three or four. 

No, I haven't seen them play and I'm not really sure why I expected them to be decent to good.

Leon is a good coach, maybe they will surprise.

Barack Obama

This is a down year. We knew that especially with Wyoming, Boise, CSU losing alot.

2nd place is wide open though at this point. Reno has too much experience to drop 1st imo. Even tho I think they will get tripped up a few times this season.

2 bids with 3rd being possible with an upset in MW tournament.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Currently it looks like a 2 bid league IMO. New Mexico hasn't looked too good early, Boise is definitely down, SDSU looks like they have the players, but got their doors completely blown off by Iowa St. who's good, but still. UNLV looks to be improving with each game, but we'll see how they do against Cincy next week. We'll find out a little more about Fresno this morning, but Reno and Utah St. look like the 2 right now, I'm sure that will change in a month.

9 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Currently it looks like a 2 bid league IMO. New Mexico hasn't looked too good early, Boise is definitely down, SDSU looks like they have the players, but got their doors completely blown off by Iowa St. who's good, but still. UNLV looks to be improving with each game, but we'll see how they do against Cincy next week. We'll find out a little more about Fresno this morning, but Reno and Utah St. look like the 2 right now, I'm sure that will change in a month.

No chance that Utah State gets a bid.

20 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

No chance that Utah State gets a bid.

Your need to post in absolutes is the 2nd most annoying quality you display on this forum, trailing only your need to post at all. You can eliminate the former by forming (and communicating in) a more nuanced voice, which would go a long way toward making the latter a less annoying experience. Don’t blame this (absolutism) on autism. It’s not difficult to eliminate never, always, no chance, etc from your lexicon.

Of course, if it’s just about getting folks to shower attention on you, regardless of the fact that it’s 90+% negative, you won’t change, but if you actually want to engage in less vitriolic conversations, you’ll make the attempt. Let us know what’s inside of that me, me, me head of yours, ph. 

I watched USU against ASU. The biggest impression I had is they really get after it. They play with a lot of energy. That and their post looks like he may turn out to be the best in the MWC. They also have good shooting guards. IMO they look like a typical BYU team. Good enough to do well in league but not good enough to make the Dance unless they win the MWC tournament. I can see them finishing top three in the league. 

5 hours ago, fanhood said:

These threads are comical. The same one was started at the beginning of last season.

If Nevada doesn’t lose in the conference tournament, we were a one bid league last year too.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.