SpartanGrad

Utes don't see much value in playing BYU

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, AggieSox said:

BS stunner. You are full of crap & so full of yourself.  Most Utah & USU fans love to see BYU lose because their fans are total morons in 90% of the cases. Their might be 10% who are normal or you can stand to talk sports with for longer than 3 minutes.  Here’s what all BYU fans say over & over at nausea & they brain wash their kids to say it, so it ls comical. 

Stupid BYU sayings, especially now their football program is in the toilet:

1.  Your just jealous because you applied to BYU & got declined.  Truth is only lds kids outside of Utah apply to BYU because they want their kids to be around other lds kids   I don’t know anyone in my family or work circle or friend circle who applied to BYU  

2.  Your just a secret or closet BYU fan & don’t want to admit it.  Nope. No Usu or Utah fan cates about BYU football, just love to see them lose to Umass & North Ill

3.  The jealous little sister is stunner who lives his life on mwc board hoping to get invited back & looking for friends 

Go look at stunners comments. He says the above sayings about every other thread. 

What a clown 🤡 Stunner is.   Go Aggies & Go Utes, most Utahns are loving seeing both ranked & both playing for conference championships.  Utah & USU have a brotherly respect. 

These BYU threads always and predictably flush out a few of these guys ^^^^

Sending you a lot of Hugs.

32 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Utah is going to road grade the zoobs. 

49-0, Utes. 

USU put in the 2nd string boys in the 2nd quarter vs cougarettes.   Utes probably only play starters for 1-2 series.   

This is BYU’s super bowl game though, so they will be ultra ready & probably drink Mtn dew during game.  BYU has so many fans & a national fan base so they couldn’t even fill their ticket alottment for the game that is 45 minutes from their home field.  But they have such a huge fan base & all the USU & Utah fans are just closet fans anyway. Just ask stunner boy about that. 

When they were in the same league competing for conference titles and the same athletes this was a great rivalry, but once Utah got invited to the big boy table that all ended. It makes no sense for Utah to play this game. If they win, big deal you beat a G5 team. If they lose, holy crap, you lost to a G5 team. Nothing to be gained for Utah. If I were them, I’d let BYU twist in their independent wind. 

Guest #1Stunner
28 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

When they were in the same league competing for conference titles and the same athletes this was a great rivalry, but once Utah got invited to the big boy table that all ended. It makes no sense for Utah to play this game. If they win, big deal you beat a G5 team. If they lose, holy crap, you lost to a G5 team. Nothing to be gained for Utah. If I were them, I’d let BYU twist in their independent wind. 

Not really any reason for this game to continue.

And that's mostly because Utah is only allowed by the PAC12 to schedule BYU in September most years (only the blue bloods USC and Stanford can schedule OOC games in November).   

BYU doesn't need a game vs Utah in September---that's the easiest month to schedule for BYU.  We need late October and November games.

Plus, BYU already has 2 annual rivalries.  (1) instate vs USU on General Conference weekend, and (2) vs Boise (both schools enjoy the rivalry).   So, we have the rivalry component already.

So, I'm in favor of ending it.   Maybe rarely scheduling Utah.

Utah would then never play any rivalry games (either against USU, since they refuse to play in Logan, or against BYU).   But they seem very happy with that fact.   Maybe they could pursue a rivalry with Wyoming, with whom they have a historical rivalry (they'll play Wyoming in Laramie but not USU in Logan---go figure).

17 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

Apparently neither does BYU, they returned 150 tickets that they couldn't sell. 

I had tickets offered to me for free by a friend who is a Ute fan. Told him I wouldn't go to a BYU/Utah game at RES. Told him if he gave me the tickets and a thousand bucks I'd take the tickets. Still wouldn't go to the game but I'd be happy to have the grand. 

4 hours ago, Chad Sexington said:

Utah is going to road grade the zoobs. 

49-0, Utes. 

I don't think it will be 49-0 but for the most part I agree with you old friend. The Utes defense is really good this year and the Cougs have pretty much no offense unless they are playing the likes of Hawaii. Most years it's close. I'm still mad at Kalani and Ty going for two in 2016. This year should not be close but I'll say more like 28-3, or 31-7. Unless BYU turns it over 7 times which is entirely possible. 

1 hour ago, pacougar said:

I had tickets offered to me for free by a friend who is a Ute fan. Told him I wouldn't go to a BYU/Utah game at RES. Told him if he gave me the tickets and a thousand bucks I'd take the tickets. Still wouldn't go to the game but I'd be happy to have the grand. 

Sad that so many have bought into the boogeyman stories of RES. But it plays into the narrative that the Y is morally superior and the Lords University.  

oh well more seats for Utah fans.  

5 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Sad that so many have bought into the boogeyman stories of RES. But it plays into the narrative that the Y is morally superior and the Lords University.  

oh well more seats for Utah fans.  

Not a boogeyman story for me.  Personal experience. I go to a lot of away games. I've gone to games at RES when BYU is not playing.  My worst experience was at basketball not football. I won't go to either one in the U campus again.  And if you think I feel I am morally superior to anyone,  well you're just wrong. 

10 minutes ago, pacougar said:

Not a boogeyman story for me.  Personal experience. I go to a lot of away games. I've gone to games at RES when BYU is not playing.  My worst experience was at basketball not football. I won't go to either one in the U campus again.  And if you think I feel I am morally superior to anyone,  well you're just wrong. 

My only experience at LES I had popcorn thrown at me and someone wanting to fight me on the way in because I was wearing red.  

I went to the ASU game this year in Tempe and heard about 5 straight minutes of "f$ck the Mormons" directed at the Utah section when ASU had a big lead.  

It happens everywhere.  Also I've had very good experiences with opposing fans at the Marriot center and on the road in the PAC 12, but that's the first time I ever have heard that BYU couldn't fulfill their thousand ticket allotment.  That's pretty sad.  Weber State filed theirs.  I guess those people from Ogden just have thicker skin than those previous Utah county folk

5 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

My only experience at LES I had popcorn thrown at me and someone wanting to fight me on the way in because I was wearing red.  

I went to the ASU game this year in Tempe and heard about 5 straight minutes of "f$ck the Mormons" directed at the Utah section when ASU had a big lead.  

It happens everywhere.  Also I've had very good experiences with opposing fans at the Marriot center and on the road in the PAC 12, but that's the first time I ever have heard that BYU couldn't fulfill their thousand ticket allotment.  That's pretty sad.  Weber State filed theirs.  I guess those people from Ogden just have thicker skin than those previous Utah county folk

All I'm saying is you don't know me nor my experiences so,  don't categorize me.  

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Not really any reason for this game to continue.

And that's mostly because Utah is only allowed by the PAC12 to schedule BYU in September most years (only the blue bloods USC and Stanford can schedule OOC games in November).   

Lol! Given that this is Stunner, he’s probably just trolling. But I think it’s hilarious the way the zoobies are OUTRAGED that Stanford and USC are allowed to continue their long-running end-of-season games against Notre Dame, but the PAC-12 doesn’t do the same for BYU. If it helps the PAC-12 to play a November OOC game against Notre Dame, then the PAC-12 should also allow November games against the Notre Dame of the West, I suppose. :lol:

Guest #1Stunner
21 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

Lol! Given that this is Stunner, he’s probably just trolling. But I think it’s hilarious the way the zoobies are OUTRAGED that Stanford and USC are allowed to continue their long-running end-of-season games against Notre Dame, but the PAC-12 doesn’t do the same for BYU. If it helps the PAC-12 to play a November OOC game against Notre Dame, then the PAC-12 should also allow November games against the Notre Dame of the West, I suppose. :lol:

Who is outraged?  Why?

I think you are over thinking what I said.

The PAC12 November grandfather scheduling policy came into effect when the PAC12 moved to 9 conference games and only applies to USC and Stanford vs Notre Dame.  It actually helps BYU out a lot, as it gives BYU some November games with USC, Cal, and Stanford.

Why would BYU fans even care about that?  Lots of conferences give preference to the "blue bloods".

Now....Only way I see BYU and Utah scheduling being more positive is if the PAC12 copies the SEC and moves to 8 conference games.  But I don't think they want to do that.  So, if there are only 3 OOC scheduling slots, only in September, it isn't as appealing.

Regarding Utah vs USU, I see a lot of Utah fans saying Utah should schedule USU in alternating years.  But I don't ever see that happening unless Utah will agree to play games in Logan.  Right now, they said they will never play another football or basketball game in Logan, ever again.  It is what it is.

18 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Who is outraged?  Why?

I think you are over thinking what I said.

The PAC12 November grandfather scheduling policy came into effect when the PAC12 moved to 9 conference games and only applies to USC and Stanford vs Notre Dame.  It actually helps BYU out a lot, as it gives BYU some November games with USC, Cal, and Stanford.

Why would BYU fans even care about that?  Lots of conferences give preference to the "blue bloods".

Now....Only way I see BYU and Utah scheduling being more positive is if the PAC12 copies the SEC and moves to 8 conference games.  But I don't think they want to do that.  So, if there are only 3 OOC scheduling slots, only in September, it isn't as appealing.

Regarding Utah vs USU, I see a lot of Utah fans saying Utah should schedule USU in alternating years.  But I don't ever see that happening unless Utah will agree to play games in Logan.  Right now, they said they will never play another football or basketball game in Logan, ever again.  It is what it is.

Please show me a link/tweet where anyone ever said Utah would never play a game in Logan ever again?

There are articles that Stew and Larry didn't want to play each other because they were friends, but this doesn't fit the BYU bad guy narrative.

Dear God, does your mother know you lie like this? 

Guest #1Stunner
25 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Please show me a link/tweet where anyone ever said Utah would never play a game in Logan ever again?

There are articles that Stew and Larry didn't want to play each other because they were friends, but this doesn't fit the BYU bad guy narrative.

Dear God, does your mother know you lie like this? 

You think Utah can't ever schedule basketball games against USU in Logan anymore because they don't want to offend Stew Morell?  That's funny...  Didn't he retire like 5 years ago?

When is the next Utah Ute football game in Logan?

When is the next Utah Ute basketball game in Logan?

Actions speak louder than words.  I guess you can believe the fiction that Utah is really frequently asking USU for a home and home in football and USU is turning Utah down....  haha...good one.

Despite your feigning ignorance, everyone already knows that Utah refuses to schedule games in Logan anymore because the last time they did USU beat them.  It's funny that you are pretending to just be hearing this....

Sure, Utah publicly makes statements about not having room to schedule a home and home with USU....and then runs out and schedules home and homes with Wyoming, SJSU, and Northern Illinois.  Real recruiting hotbeds.

So, I doubt the "rotate scheduling USU" idea will ever occur, because obviously Utah is still refusing to play basketball and football games in Logan.  They'd have to change their mind on that first.