SpartanGrad

Utes don't see much value in playing BYU

I’d believe that if I didn’t see so many Ute fans obsessing over BYU.  I honestly don’t give a rat’s hindquarters over CSU, UNM or Wyo, so you’ll never see me on their board or talking about them, or commenting on their articles.  As a non-bias third party, I can say I see both fans are always obsessing over the other one.  So Utah does like playing them and the rivalry.  

1 hour ago, brillio said:

I’d believe that if I didn’t see so many Ute fans obsessing over BYU.  I honestly don’t give a rat’s hindquarters over CSU, UNM or Wyo, so you’ll never see me on their board or talking about them, or commenting on their articles.  As a non-bias third party, I can say I see both fans are always obsessing over the other one.  So Utah does like playing them and the rivalry.  

Utah vs BYU isn't just like any other in-state rivalry - It's vs the entire damn culture of the state / LDS - BYU is the church on the field & Utah being in Utah is defacto subject to the church, as is any other program in the state of Utah - It's the school vs the Corporate HQ where the $$ the faithful send in - Regardless if you support Utah, USU, Weber St, SUU, Dixie if you're LDS your $$ go to the church & defacto to the mothership in Provo who's using independence to "spread the word" 

Guest #1Stunner

College Football Fan Bases Most Obsessed With Their Rival

http://www.thepostgame.com/road-saturday/201602/college-football-most-obsessed-rivalries-michigan-ucla-texas-ohio-state

Jealous much?

That's the question for the college football fan bases most obsessed with their rival. It's not enough that they care about their own teams, but they incessantly crash message boards and comment sections on items that deal only with their rival.

Maybe it's an inferiority complex at work, because their obsession is not returned in kind. Some of the rivalriesare so one-sided that their perceived rivals actually consider somebody else the real rival. The fans of their rivals are mostly concerned about their own teams and couldn't give a flying fig about what their so-called adversaries are doing (not nearly to the same extent, anyway).

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Oddly.....It's not uncommon to see Ute fans travel to all of BYU's away games.  

They closely follow BYU athletics.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2015/the-scene-byu-utah-rivalry-brims-in-lincoln-too/article_a17b6dcf-1ce3-5d7b-a4ec-006d78c83566.html

Isn't that part of the LDS obligation?!?! 

Not like Utah fans aren't LDS & after all the church's team is BYU - Could see a lot of Utah, USU, Weber St, SUU et al alums being fans of the HQ's program 

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Isn't that part of the LDS obligation?!?! 

Not like Utah fans aren't LDS & after all the church's team is BYU - Could see a lot of Utah, USU, Weber St, SUU et al alums being fans of the HQ's program 

Well, you are probably right.  A lot of Utah and USU fans obsess over BYU and are secret, in the closet, fans of BYU.  

BYU enrollment is currently 35,000.  BYU could expand enrollment to 60,000 tommorow and the open slots will fill up in all of 5 minutes.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Well, you are probably right.  A lot of Utah and USU fans obsess over BYU and are secret, in the closet, fans of BYU.  

Pretty much in the DNA of the faithful I suppose - To oppose BYU would be to oppose their very being in a religious way :shrug:

9 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

College Football Fan Bases Most Obsessed With Their Rival

http://www.thepostgame.com/road-saturday/201602/college-football-most-obsessed-rivalries-michigan-ucla-texas-ohio-state

Jealous much?

That's the question for the college football fan bases most obsessed with their rival. It's not enough that they care about their own teams, but they incessantly crash message boards and comment sections on items that deal only with their rival.

Maybe it's an inferiority complex at work, because their obsession is not returned in kind. Some of the rivalriesare so one-sided that their perceived rivals actually consider somebody else the real rival. The fans of their rivals are mostly concerned about their own teams and couldn't give a flying fig about what their so-called adversaries are doing (not nearly to the same extent, anyway).

Sounds like Idaho being obsessed with Boise despite the widening chasm between the two schools- not to mention the moral morass of Idaho’s Athletic Department 

9 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU enrollment is currently 35,000.  BYU could expand enrollment to 60,000 tommorow and the open slots will fill up in all of 5 minutes.

Has Max Hall chimed in lately regarding his thoughts on Utah? Or is he still in jail? 

byublog2_maxhall_050615~2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

10 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Oddly.....It's not uncommon to see Ute fans travel to all of BYU's away games.  

They closely follow BYU athletics.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2015/the-scene-byu-utah-rivalry-brims-in-lincoln-too/article_a17b6dcf-1ce3-5d7b-a4ec-006d78c83566.html

BS stunner. You are full of crap & so full of yourself.  Most Utah & USU fans love to see BYU lose because their fans are total morons in 90% of the cases. Their might be 10% who are normal or you can stand to talk sports with for longer than 3 minutes.  Here’s what all BYU fans say over & over at nausea & they brain wash their kids to say it, so it ls comical. 

Stupid BYU sayings, especially now their football program is in the toilet:

1.  Your just jealous because you applied to BYU & got declined.  Truth is only lds kids outside of Utah apply to BYU because they want their kids to be around other lds kids   I don’t know anyone in my family or work circle or friend circle who applied to BYU  

2.  Your just a secret or closet BYU fan & don’t want to admit it.  Nope. No Usu or Utah fan cates about BYU football, just love to see them lose to Umass & North Ill

3.  The jealous little sister is stunner who lives his life on mwc board hoping to get invited back & looking for friends 

Go look at stunners comments. He says the above sayings about every other thread. 

What a clown 🤡 Stunner is.   Go Aggies & Go Utes, most Utahns are loving seeing both ranked & both playing for conference championships.  Utah & USU have a brotherly respect.