AggieSox

Highest Ranked team to ever visit Boise St Albertsons stadium

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

One spot out of the basement with a losing record vs. firmly in the middle of the division and sitting at .500? Yes, that is how standings work

Ok, tied for 5th in ten team conference = not middle. Firmly 8th place in 14 team conference = middle.

30 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Ok, tied for 5th in ten team conference = not middle. Firmly 8th place in 14 team conference = middle.

Yes, barely above the #9 team is bottom and 4-4 and 7/14 is the archetype of middle of the pack. 

Again,  what is it with boise fans and standings? 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

39 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yes, barely above the #9 team is bottom and 4-4 and 7/14 is the archetype of middle of the pack. 

Again,  what is it with boise fans and standings? 

Because you’re being hyperbolic. It would be like me saying:

Boise butt****** a middle of pack MW team (Wyoming) on the road.

Utah State only beat bottom-feeder Wyoming (just a loss to CSU away from last place) by 8.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2018 at 8:49 AM, madmartigan said:

I thought we already settled this "fluky turnovers" thing. Wouldn't it follow that playing a bunch of bad teams would lead to those bad teams turning the ball over a lot? It is what bad teams do. What is flukey or unexpected about that? You say USU plays a poor strength of schedule against bad teams, then are surprised we have turned those bad opponents over a bunch. That doesn't make sense and you undermine your own argument when you call those turnovers "fluky"

I think it makes perfect sense. They made fluky turnovers because they're bad teams. That exacerbated the blowout in favor of USU. Good teams (USU has only played one--and lost) won't make those turnovers and USU will be exposed. I don't see how that undermines my argument at all. You'll see it tonight. Mark my words. Hope you're here tomorrow to admit I was right. 

1 hour ago, Roy_McAvoy said:

I think it makes perfect sense. They made fluky turnovers because they're bad teams. That exacerbated the blowout in favor of USU. Good teams (USU has only played one--and lost) won't make those turnovers and USU will be exposed. I don't see how that undermines my argument at all. You'll see it tonight. Mark my words. Hope you're here tomorrow to admit I was right. 

Firstly, I don’t deny Boise will win, I think they will. My argument is mainly around your “fluky” turnover statement. 

If you accept that bad teams turn it over more than good teams and that USU has played many bad teams, it would follow that USU would have forced more turnovers. This isn’t flukey, it’s what happens when you play a bunch of bad teams. 

Do you understand the definition of “fluky”? It means unexpected or things that are aberrations. Turnovers against bad teams aren’t unexpected therefore aren’t “fluky”. 

• Like 1

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Because you’re being hyperbolic. It would be like me saying:

Boise butt****** a middle of pack MW team (Wyoming) on the road.

Utah State only beat bottom-feeder Wyoming (just a loss to CSU away from last place) by 8.

Hyperbolic? Comparing the beatdown OSU delivered unto bsu vs the wyoming bsu game, now that's a good example of hyperbole.

Real question, does the defensiveness about objective remarks on BSU's mediocre accomplishments ytd come from the idaho part or the trucker school part?

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

Firstly, I don’t deny Boise will win, I think they will. My argument is mainly around your “fluky” turnover statement. 

If you accept that bad teams turn it over more than good teams and that USU has played many bad teams, it would follow that USU would have forced more turnovers. This isn’t flukey, it’s what happens when you play a bunch of bad teams. 

Do you understand the definition of “fluky”? It means unexpected or things that are aberrations. Turnovers against bad teams aren’t unexpected therefore aren’t “fluky”. 

Dont ever think Boise will win... that's defeatist. ..you will win, you will win......

10 minutes ago, AggieSox said:

USU was the better team.  BSU just got lucky tonight. And Wells sucks in big games & close games. But he’s really good in blowouts. 

How does it feel to know that one of the best teams the Aggies have ever had is only the third best team in their own conference?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, AggieSox said:

USU was the better team.  BSU just got lucky tonight. And Wells sucks in big games & close games. But he’s really good in blowouts. 

Even with all the help the refs gave choo choo state, Boise State still won! We are the better team and you are still Boise's bitch!!!

• Like 3

down in a hole.jpg

15 minutes ago, AggieSox said:

Boise played like crap, and still beat the zebras and USU.  USU was lucky to even have a chance at the end.  USU is a nice team that did more with less, until they ran into any team with a pulse.  Boise State can play like crap and still beat teams like USU.  This was your best chance to win on the blue in well over a decade, and it was gift wrapped.  Best of luck winning there in the next 20...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Whatleyposse said:

They will take about this for years. Like that Gary Anderson  team that won the gutted WAC  years ago! They don’t get to be relevant to often. Let them have their day!  See ya later Wells. Recruit more thugs

Yep-- Every 4-5 years they have a decent team that is great at feasting on super shitty teams, then they invariably lose to every team with a pulse.  They'll beat up on some mid-level MAC team in their bowl game and call the season a rousing success!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spot50B said:

Yep-- Every 4-5 years they have a decent team that is great at feasting on super shitty teams, then they invariably lose to every team with a pulse.  They'll beat up on some mid-level MAC team in their bowl game and call the season a rousing success!

It is a rousing success. An 11 win top-25 season is a good year. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Even with all the help the refs gave choo choo state, Boise State still won! We are the better team and you are still Boise's bitch!!!

Now hold on just a dog-gone minute...

We can type “bitch” now?!?

AWESOME!!!

• Haha 2

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok