lawofthejunglenv

Nevada at UNLV - Battle for the Fremont Cannon

37 minutes ago, slappy said:

Be patient grasshopper.  It is not by coincidence articles like this are coming out.  This is like the old toe test in water.  

No there is certainly an agenda behind it, I have no doubt about that. You just spoke like you had additional information. I see that you do not.

1 hour ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Well, I'm not claiming we're better than everyone, just fyi, but.....the UNR College of Engineering, College of Agriculture Biology and Natural Resources, School of Journalism, Judicial College, and College of Science are top tier. Pretty decent College of Business and School of Medicine. As for the philosophy, art, English, and psych programs, well I can't comment, because let's face it......they aren't real degrees. 

Define top tier.  Top 100.  Top 50.  Top 25.  Top 10.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

17 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

No there is certainly an agenda behind it, I have no doubt about that. You just spoke like you had additional information. I see that you do not.

Exactly. UNLV is not getting rid of football.

It's just like the Chris Murray article I posted last week about having a G5 playoff; just something to stir the pot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Victor Maitlin said:

Define top tier.  Top 100.  Top 50.  Top 25.  Top 10.

Academic one upmanship is generally stupid, as you already noted, so why do you immediately engage in it after making that point? I don’t understand your need to insert yourself into every dumb my-school-has-smarter-students-than-your-school-and-is-rated-higher-too argument among MWC brethren except as a vehicle to not so humbly humble brag about your fancy U of Chicago education to the forum as a whole. You appear to do it almost every time the topic pops up. The hypocrisy is glaring. Care to clarify your position on academic smack?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I think a tier one school is a school ranked in the top 200. 

We're barely a tier one school.  Vegas still has a ways to go.   

So everybody gets a trophy, and there's no difference between Berkeley and UNR, but there is somehow a difference between UNR and UNLV.  Now, you do understand that 99.9% of the people see a fundamental difference between Berkeley and UNR while viewing UNR and UNLV as essentially the same.

To answer another poster, I wasn't condemning academic rankings nor pretending there's no difference between schools.  I was pointing out the hypocrisy of those who see no difference between their school and schools higher up the food chain while talking academic smack to schools they view as inferior. 

And as for those "not real degrees," you do know that a Silicon Valley VC firm or blue chip New York consulting firm will crawl over a hundred UNR grads with a real degree to hire that Swarthmore history major.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

I can guarantee with 100 percent certainty that there are smarter people than me who graduated from Vegas — and I made it through Nevada — so by virtue of process of elimination my smack is tired. But then again, I’ve lived in Nevada for too long and have had the “good” fortune of spending time in Vegas so I can also guarantee you that the teeth/meth smack is a goddamn hyopcrisy. I think we’ve all been pretty cordial to be honest. But we’re all getting old and these threads are cliché.  So F Vegas.

Nevada - 26   Vegas - 20

3 minutes ago, Victor Maitlin said:

So everybody gets a trophy, and there's no difference between Berkeley and UNR, but there is somehow a difference between UNR and UNLV.  Now, you do understand that 99.9% of the people see a fundamental difference between Berkeley and UNR while viewing UNR and UNLV as essentially the same.

To answer another poster, I wasn't condemning academic rankings nor pretending there's no difference between schools.  I was pointing out the hypocrisy of those who see no difference between their school and schools higher up the food chain while talking academic smack to schools they view as inferior. 

And as for those "not real degrees," you do know that a Silicon Valley VC firm or blue chip New York consulting firm will crawl over a hundred UNR grads with a real degree to hire that Swarthmore history major.

I think you have missed the point of this entire thread. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Victor Maitlin said:

Yeah, you have no humor in your funny bone today. You are taking this wayyyyyyy too seriously, and putting words in other peoples mouths. This is supposed to be a light hearted smack talk, a fun poke here and there, not a personal quest to destroy

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Isn’t it great? One month before early signing period Anderson helps author those gems!

No impact on UNLV - Anyone outside the Wolf pack fan base grasps the reality that UNLV will be fielding a FB team in the coming years.

I'd worry about UNR recruits & selling them on that erector set glorified assemblage that you call a stadium - But then maybe HS recruits feel comfortable seeing the same stadium at UNR that they had in high school (except for Texas recruits, their stadiums are better than UNR's) :rimshot1:

53 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

No impact on UNLV - Anyone outside the Wolf pack fan base grasps the reality that UNLV will be fielding a FB team in the coming years.

I'd worry about UNR recruits & selling them on that erector set glorified assemblage that you call a stadium - But then maybe HS recruits feel comfortable seeing the same stadium at UNR that they had in high school (except for Texas recruits, their stadiums are better than UNR's) :rimshot1:

You won't get an arguement from me on our stadium. After all the millions spent on the renovation, it's now harder to navigate the stadium at field level, and there's still cracks in the concrete steps and bent railings everywhere. She needs to be retired, but now that won't happen for at least 20 years.

I'm getting a community letter together to send to Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and Warren Buffet to fund a new stadium. I'm having Sarah Mclachlan sing a sad song, an orphan tug at their shirts, and a puppy on their table in front of them while they read it.