lawofthejunglenv

Nevada at UNLV - Battle for the Fremont Cannon

6 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

The NCAA was never able to prove Tark cheated which is why he won his lawsuit against the NCAA for 2 mil. Serious question though. Would you take a National Championship if it meant hiring a controversial coach?

Your admin knew what was happening... ergo, it fired him. 

4 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

The NCAA was never able to prove Tark cheated which is why he won his lawsuit against the NCAA for 2 mil. Serious question though. Would you take a National Championship for a controversial coach?

I thought it was a due process issue. IIRC, Tark got caught red handed with the illegal practice.  He also had the hot tub photo and that entire Sweet Pea debacle. Plus a whole lot of other shit.  

Did Tark ever really deny cheating?  I thought he just said he wasn't doing anything the big boys weren't doing, but the NCAA leaves those guys alone.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Your admin knew what was happening... ergo, it fired him. 

Officially they didn’t fire him he resigned, but make no mistake he was forced out. Had more to do with certain administrators who felt Tark had too much power and that there was more focus in athletics than academics.i believe that’s around the time to whole “Harvard of the West” saying was born.

8 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I thought it was a due process issue. IIRC, Tark got caught red handed with the illegal practice.  He also had the hot tub photo and that entire Sweet Pea debacle. Plus a whole lot of other shit.  

Did Tark ever really deny cheating?  I thought he just said he wasn't doing anything the big boys weren't doing, but the NCAA leaves those guys alone.  

I don’t think he ever denied nor confirmed it, but yeah he did make a comment that was classic where he said something to the fact that “ the NCAA was so mad at UCLA that they punished Cleveland State”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gator 82 said:

I don’t think he ever denied nor confirmed it, but yeah he did make a comment that was classic where he said something to the fact that “ the NCAA was so mad at UCLA that they punished Cleveland State”

Jerry was always good for a quotable sound bite. 

Barack Obama

10 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

The real pic is even funnier.  Just wanted to make you wolfcrap fans post it.

I look at their family photo and my first reaction if - geez, they seem happy.  You, Rebel Robert, a known misanthrope and left-wing racist, is to laugh. 

• Like 1

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

8 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

I look at their family photo and my first reaction if - geez, they seem happy.  You, Rebel Robert, a known misanthrope and left-wing racist, is to laugh. 

Lets keep politics out of this thread, bb.

Plus, you left us with a sentence fragment instead of a mic drop.  

University of Nevada Las Vegas

Saturday, Nov. 24, 2018
KICKOFF: 6:32 pm PT
SITE: Sam Boyd Stadium (35,500/SPRINTURF), Las Vegas
TV: CBS Sports Network (Rich Waltz, Aaron Murray & A.J. Ross)
RADIO: ESPN 1100 AM & 100.9 FM (Russ Langer, Caleb Herring & Steve Cofield)

UNR holds a 26-17 lead in the series

UNR at UNLV RECORD: 12-9

UNLV’s LARGEST WIN: 38 (45-7 in 1975)

UNR’s LARGEST WIN: 42 (50-8 in 1991)

UNR has won 2 straight in the series 

The 43 meetings, which include 28 straight years in a rivalry that permanently became an annual event in 1989, are by far the most UNLV has had with any opponent

19 Rebels are scheduled to be honored on the field before kickoff as part of Senior Night

The series history: 1969 UNR  1970-71 UNLV  1972-73 UNR  1974-77 UNLV  1978 UNR  1979 UNLV  1980-82 No game  1983 UNLV  1984 No game  1985 UNR  1986 No game  1987 UNLV  1988 No game  1989-93 UNR  1994 UNLV  1995-99 UNR  2000-04 UNLV  2005-12 UNR  2013 UNLV  2014 UNR  2015 UNLV  2016-17 UNR

UNLV is 32 of 37 in Red Zone scoring with 27 TD's & 5 FG's Opponents are 46 of 53 with 32 TD's & 14 FG's

The Rebels are 19-20 in the red zone during conference play, with 16 of those trips resulting in touchdowns

Lexington Thomas needs 220 yards to pass Tim Cornett as UNLV's career rushing leader 

Thomas averaged 112 yards rushing per game, which is the most vs. any Mountain West opponent

Thomas is #1 in career rushing TD's with 40 & #1 in career 100 yard rushing games with 18

29.7% of Thomas' total rushing yards have come on 5 single carries of 40 yards or more this season (305 of 1026 rushing yards) 

Armani Rogers needs 229 yards rushing to be UNLV's career leader as a QB 

UNLV sophomore WR Drew Tejchman started on offense, played on defense at safety for the first time as a Rebel (grabbing an interception) and fielded a kickoff on special teams in the 1st Q at Hawaii

UNLV has five picks in the last three games after having just two in the first eight games combined

UNLV has allowed opponents 56 1st Q points; 138 2nd Q points; 113 3rd Q points and 111 4th Q points

Rogers 31 yards rushing at hawaii put him over 500 for the season (519)

UNLV had no turnovers against Hawaii which was the 2nd game with no turnovers this season

After not getting a turnover in the opening game at USC, UNLV has gotten at least one TO in every game since 

UNLV had a season high 97 penalty yards against Hawaii

18 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Is this UNRs last realistic chance to ever beat UNLV?

Probably so.  I imagine the rebs will be a juggernaut the instant they begin playing in the Raiders new stadium.

In one season they will erase a decades old history of absolute suckage.

Barack Obama

9 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Is this Tony's last chance to keep his job?

This game could play into any decision...........if UNLV can keep it reasonably close, say in the two TD range or even three TD's I think he keeps his job for next season..........tons of injuries and the QB thing has been an annual issue.

Sanchez probably bought another year with the win at SDSU, and the 50 decent minutes at Hawaii (last 10 were a boondoggle) and if he can pull off upsetting NV, then he's probably got another season

But if NV comes out and hammers UNLV 54-3 or something, that could force the issue more.

Biggest thing for the entire FB program, is what's the Admin's mindset for the final year before the new stadium and FB complex are up and running........could let Sanchez get the new stadium opened and see if that does anything for recruiting, or clean the slate and give a new coach the reins knowing he's got a lot of infrastructure in place to sell..............of course that selling still has to deal with the UNLV history and G5 MWC limitations 

One thing that could make any new coaching search take a step up is UNLV upping the $$ for a more seasoned HC for a hopefully faster turn around ...........UNLV can't sit and go too long with 5,000 people in the new stadium, the stadium will put pressure on everyone at UNLV from AD to Prez to coaches 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Is this Tony's last chance to keep his job?

I think he will be fine either way.  He got 1 win in MW play so far, and that will be enough to keep this train rolling for another year.  Plus I like his style.   So he is good. 

16 minutes ago, slappy said:

I think he will be fine either way.  He got 1 win in MW play so far, and that will be enough to keep this train rolling for another year.  Plus I like his style.   So he is good. 

Didn't he get two conference wins, SDSU & Hawaii?

His record sucks. And Vegas has a woman AD who didn't hire him and may not want him as the face of the FB program.  Tony recently left his wife and two young kids for a Hooters girl. Most women frown on that sort of thing.

Barack Obama