lawofthejunglenv

Nevada at UNLV - Battle for the Fremont Cannon

I almost feel bad pouncing on Vegas, which takes all the fun out of the rivalry. They're stuck with two horrible coaches that have them stuck in mediocrity in both major sports. 

I guess the positive is that it wasn't long ago Nevada was in the same situation (Polian and Carter). Hopefully your new AD is able to show her competence over the next few months.

Either way, I will thoroughly enjoy this blowout on our way to our first 8 win season since 2010.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigd said:

I almost feel bad pouncing on Vegas, which takes all the fun out of the rivalry. They're stuck with two horrible coaches that have them stuck in mediocrity in both major sports. 

I guess the positive is that it wasn't long ago Nevada was in the same situation (Polian and Carter). Hopefully your new AD is able to show her competence over the next few months.

Either way, I will thoroughly enjoy this blowout on our way to our first 8 win season since 2010.

Don’t feel bad for us. We have other things going on other than UNLV. You guys are the ones stuck in Reno.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, Gator 82 said:

Don’t feel bad for us. We have other things going on other than UNLV. You guys are the ones stuck in Reno.

Yes. Better schools. Less crime. More expensive homes. Higher income. Better university. Tahoe 30 miles away. You’ve got it all figured out. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

Almost no one from Reno wants to move to Vegas. On the other hand, we have more students from Clark County than we do Washoe. The migration pretty much only goes one way.

As Nevadafan mentioned above, Reno is ranked higher than Vegas in nearly every measurable statistic of desireability. 

• Like 1

Just now, bigd said:

Almost no one from Reno wants to move to Vegas. On the other hand, we have more students from Clark County than we do Washoe. The migration pretty much only goes one way.

As Nevadafan mentioned above, Reno is ranked higher than Vegas in nearly every measurable statistic of desireability. 

Less than 300 students outside of Clark County  attend undergrad at Vegas. With its sub-30 percent grad rate can it get anymore commuter?

27 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

Meh-- try harder! Its tired stuff.
I love Reno, Am not originally  from here.

Its been "discovered" in the last 5 years and its growing too fast now....

I hope the Pack doesn't screw up the rivalry game.

UNLV has some asshole fans on here-- 3 in particular-- -- but most are very nice and cool!

Heres to a good game! Wish I could be there.

• Like 1

cerified_Subarus.jpg

56 minutes ago, bigd said:

Well considering you guys don’t have a very high opinion of the level of students from the south, what does that say about your school? 

I have no idea how any of us manage to get to work in the morning down here with all the cars heading north.

5 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

Well considering you guys don’t have a very high opinion of the level of students from the south, what does that say about your school? 

I have no idea how any of us manage to get to work in the morning down here with all the cars heading north.

We get the pick of a shallow liter runt. That’s what it means. 

So your response to my statement is basically, "people from Vegas are stupid, and because you have people from here your university sucks?"

This is why rivalry smack is no fun against UNLV.

We need Youngrebelfan and RebelRobert. At least they aren't self depreciating.

We know we're better than you, we don't want you to admit to it. 

We'll probably need to find a new rivalry soon anyway once UNLV drops football and moves to the Big West with their athletic peers.

8 minutes ago, bigd said:

So your response to my statement is basically, "people from Vegas are stupid, and because you have people from here your university sucks?"

This is why rivalry smack is no fun against UNLV.

We need Youngrebelfan and RebelRobert. At least they aren't self depreciating.

We know we're better than you, we don't want you to admit to it. 

We'll probably need to find a new rivalry soon anyway once UNLV drops football and moves to the Big West with their athletic peers.

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong point is it. You talk about how stupid people from Vegas are then brag about how you get more students from Clark County than any other county and you don’t see the irony in that? As far as us dropping football and moving to the Big West, even you’re not dumb enough to believe that. Look, I get it. You guys are enjoying your little time in the sun and thats fine because you’ve earned it and UNLV is sucking ass lately, but don’t think for a minute that after all the money that’s being dumped into new facilities for athletics that their just going to throw it all away just because we hired a couple of shitty coaches. 

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong point is it. You talk about how stupid people from Vegas are then brag about how you get more students from Clark County than any other county and you don’t see the irony in that? As far as us dropping football and moving to the Big West, even you’re not dumb enough to believe that. 

Show me where I said people from Vegas are stupid? I don't recall ever saying that. I've said that Clark County is much less educated, schools are rated lower, and that it has lower incomes than Washoe, but I don't think I've called a whole county of people stupid. A place with 2.2 million people is bound to have some good students, and most of them go to Nevada and out of state.

I think once the Raiders are in town, and you start seeing 4k people in a 60k seat stadium along with a increasingly empty T&M then there will be talk about dropping football. SJSU will likely have the same discussions.

6 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong point is it. You talk about how stupid people from Vegas are then brag about how you get more students from Clark County than any other county and you don’t see the irony in that? As far as us dropping football and moving to the Big West, even you’re not dumb enough to believe that. Look, I get it. You guys are enjoying your little time in the sun and thats fine because you’ve earned it and UNLV is sucking ass lately, but don’t think for a minute that after all the money that’s being dumped into new facilities for athletics that their just going to throw it all away just because we hired a couple of shitty coaches. 

1VOlSLn.png

7 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

It works like Mexico. All the ones that can work are up here. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Yes. Better schools. Less crime. More expensive homes. Higher income. Better university. Tahoe 30 miles away. You’ve got it all figured out. 

Hey! They've got the Raiders!! :D

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

9 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

Anyone who has lived in the state for more than a few years know the smart kids from Clark county either go to school out of state or in Reno.  Although some are now staying put and going to NSU in Henderson.

UNLV is Nevada's school for under achievers.  It has been that way ever since UNLV was founded.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

8 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Anyone who has lived in the state for more than a few years know the smart kids from Clark county either go to school out of state or in Reno.  Although some are now staying put and going to NSU in Henderson.

UNLV is Nevada's school for under achievers.  It has been that way ever since UNLV was founded.

As one of those kids who left Vegas to go to school in Reno, I whole-heartedly endorse this statement. :thumbsup:

• Like 1