carbonpoke

What recipe for turkey day are you using

Just curious.  I found a recipe for a Mexican style turkey, marinated in orange juice and pineapple juice with achoite paste and garlic... Stuffed with chorizo cornbread stuffing.  My buddy is smoking his bird.  I just wanted to see if there are other unorthodox preparations in the community.

4 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Sous Vide dry brined turkey cooked in a Rosemary/Thyme/Sage Herbed compound butter.

I've done a kind of variation of this with a cornbread and sausage stuffing that I liked a lot. But this year, we're going to my parents' house so I'm just going to watch and eat.

• Like 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Not hosting this year (thank god). If the turkey is dry, I’ll just drown it in gravy. If the turkey is moist, I’ll just drown it in gravy. 

Better food day: thanksgiving or super bowl Sunday? These are tied for my 2 favorite days of the year. In fact, I consider “the holidays” to stretch from one to the other. I refuse to clean or do any exercise for that entire period.

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

Dry brine the turkey then smoke it.

Because my idiot brother hates turkey I'm doing a tri tip for him as well. 

He's right, turkey sucks. We should cook cornish game hens. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

20 minutes ago, happycamper said:

He's right, turkey sucks. We should cook cornish game hens. 

Why do you hate America?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Why do you hate America?

18 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’m pretty sure that’s racist...

Then call me reverse Richard Spencer because I only +++++ with dark meat

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.