renoskier

Guess what this week is?

You know the rivalry is suffering when we can't elicit a response from U of Notta Lot Of Victory fans...   I suppose if I were prone to premature keyboard ejaculations while screaming "I love it - what a beatdown", I would be reticent to imbibe in good natured trash talk as well.  

4 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yeah, but how did YOU know? :D:P

4 hours ago, Wolfhomie said:

No, you didn't!!!!

He is courting a 10 paragraph finger lashing, isn’t he? He’s either very brave or very dumb. Which do you think? I trust your judgement. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

He is courting a 10 paragraph finger lashing, isn’t he? He’s either very brave or very dumb. Which do you think? I trust your judgement. 

Finger lashings are Posturedoc's specialty! Let him have it doc!

21 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

There is oil in Elko and Eureka County and maybe others in Nor Nev. I’ve seen the derricks or whatever they are called...

There was a massive pig farm in Vegas. I think it has moved but there was one there for many years. 

We are oh-2 here. 

That was the ‘RC Farms’ Pig Farm off North 5th street in NLV.  They finally closed a couple years ago. They had as many as 6,000 pigs on that farm at one time. Un-real. In the mid-90’s when I was attending UNLV, I worked for Haycock Petroleum at nights. But I worked days for 6 months to get residency, and I had to deliver gear oil there often.

The Combs were really nice people that adapted to horrific conditions. They claimed to not smell the pig stink as they lived in it. But that was hard to believe because visitors to the farm would often vomit despite trying not to smell it. You’d go in their office in their house and it was nearly just as strong in there. 

One time I had a large box truck and when the sliding door was open at the farm, the smell got into the enclosed cube and remained there after sliding the door shut.  I then went across town and backed up to a mechanic bay at a transmission shop. When I opened the door, the smell flowed right out into all the other mechanic bays where guys were working, and they freaked out. LOL. It even got into the shop offices. “Sorry for my truck fart, it’s got a doc appt next week”. 🙂

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Isn't there still a big pig farm there where the resorts send their food waste to? I saw it on a discovery type show a few years back.

That was the best, most disgusting episode of Dirty Jobs I ever watched. The farm was trash strewn and appeared to be so unsanitary that it’s hard to believe they could sell that product to the public. Still, it was an innovative way to recycle food considered unsuitable for human consumption. The farm seems to have relocated out of Las Vegas. 

https://www.porkbusiness.com/article/famed-dirty-jobs-hog-farm-moving-out-vegas