badfish

MacIntyre’s Replacement

From the MWC, I think Wells and Tedford are most likely to go. At least to get offers (no idea how likely they are to leave). Harsin up there as will. Colorado seems like a bit of a black hole...not sure any of them would leave for the Buffs. Now USC...that's a different story. Gotta think any of those three would jump at that one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

From the MWC, I think Wells and Tedford are most likely to go. At least to get offers (no idea how likely they are to leave). Harsin up there as will. Colorado seems like a bit of a black hole...not sure any of them would leave for the Buffs. Now USC...that's a different story. Gotta think any of those three would jump at that one.

USC will hire Jack Del Rio. However, yes, you’d be crazy to keep any MWC job if USC came calling.

• Like 1

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 hours ago, Threeaces12 said:

Colorado should take Wells remember last year about this time when a bunch of Aggie fans wanted him fired.

I don't think Wells is that dumb.  Colorado is one of the worst jobs in P5 and has been for about 20 years.   But who knows w/ wells.

5 minutes ago, AggieSox said:

I don't think Wells is that dumb.  Colorado is one of the worst jobs in P5 and has been for about 20 years.   But who knows w/ wells.

Money talks. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

There’s no chance Ted goes anywhere. He’s fat happy and retired at home coaching Ftesno. 

Harsin would wilt in that job. 

He’s in Fresno....obviously you’re underestimating the hell hole he’s “settled” in. It’s not like it’s beautiful Reno we’re taking here, sheesh...

15 minutes ago, AggieSox said:

Yes it does.  Matt seems like a smart dude and someone who will be strategic about his next job.  And He's not a builder, so taking over a team/program that sucks would be bad idea for him.

I think If Colorado came and waived 16 million guaranteed dollars at Him he’s gone. These head coaches are incredibly ambitious and competitive and look at a place like Colorado as a challenge, an opportunity. Not like the dead end we all see. 

Those things plus they can actually get people to their games when they’re good, unlike our sorry fan base.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKram said:

Think CU'd be interested in a really nice guy from Georgia? Comes with some coaching experience.

Yeah, great.  Then we'd step up and hire MacIntyre.  Book it. 

Chasing tails all day long.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, AggieSox said:

I think Wells is great I really wanted to point out some Aggie fans wanted him gone last year. That’s like a bronco fan wishing Harsin would leave.  I think Wells is good for Utah State and good for the conference.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, madmartigan said:

USC will hire Jack Del Rio. However, yes, you’d be crazy to keep any MWC job if USC came calling.

I think for the USC job they will be looking for someone who is young and hungry and not someone like Tedford that has one eye on retirement. After finishing with an under .500 season and losing to your heated rival which is worse than you nobody is happy in south LA and would be tossed into the fire immediately. That's an absurd amount of pressure being put on a new coach no matter who takes the job. If I were an MW coach I'd steer clear of that job. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

CU fans have no desire for another G5 coach after Hawkins and MacIntyre.  Hiring another G5 coach could lead to a new definition of insanity.

utenation is right...CU's budget is close to $100M and this is not the same CU who struggled to solicit donations from its west coast alumni base while in the Big 12.  CU wanted to fire Hawkins with three years remaining on his contract but was blocked by the school president at the time due to state legislative work that paved the road for CU's exit from the Big 12.  Mike Bohn was a G5 AD while Rick George, the current AD, is from the McCartney days and will not settle for anything on the cheap.  This is going to be his first football HC hire and he wants to make a real good impression.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

CU fans have no desire for another G5 coach after Hawkins and MacIntyre.  Hiring another G5 coach could lead to a new definition of insanity.

utenation is right...CU's budget is close to $100M and this is not the same CU who struggled to solicit donations from its west coast alumni base while in the Big 12.  CU wanted to fire Hawkins with three years remaining on his contract but was blocked by the school president at the time due to state legislative work that paved the road for CU's exit from the Big 12.  Mike Bohn was a G5 AD while Rick George, the current AD, is from the McCartney days and will not settle for anything on the cheap.  This is going to be his first football HC hire and he wants to make a real good impression.

Never thought about it that way.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

Who's coaching the Buffs this week? If they find some magic and beat Cal, will they accept a bowl bid?