tailingpermit

Dearest traveling Utah State fans...

32 minutes ago, Please Spay Your Pets said:

I’m up for a virtual beer any day. 

www.OBNUG.com is the name of the Boise blog and it is absolutely a respectful forum. There are clear guidelines for behavior; swearing is even prohibited. I think I need to get used to the culture over here. 

Spay, I've been on obnug for years (very rarely post there, same with here) and you are respected there. That being said, this place is a complete 180 from there. This forum is highly entertaining but do not expect the same "politeness" here. That is why I view the posts here way more often than there.

2 hours ago, Wolfhomie said:

I stand corrected.  I was a tad bit confused as you referred to this website as a blog so I incorrectly assumed you were referring to a website about Broncs where a cannibalistic buffet exists everyday, not to mention a very thin skinned fan base that can't take a joke.  Would you prefer a local beer or something more routine?  You will get used to the culture here soon enough.  You need to give out a few well timed insults and then laugh out loud - welcome to the MWC Board!

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Salt Lake City and would be up for a beer any weekend. I travel to all of Boise’s home games and nearly all their away games as well so we could meet up then as well. 

I’m always down for great conversation and a beer at a sports spot  

2 hours ago, 406bleedsblue said:

Spay, I've been on obnug for years (very rarely post there, same with here) and you are respected there. That being said, this place is a complete 180 from there. This forum is highly entertaining but do not expect the same "politeness" here. That is why I view the posts here way more often than there.

Sound good 408. Thanks for the intro. Glad to hear you read OBNUG too. It doesn’t have nearly the action this one has but it’s still fun. Definitely different breeds. Get it? 😄

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Which is far more unsafe than modest speeding. The reason we have laws is because there are too many narcissistic idiots who simply refuse to do the right thing.

Left lane cruisers are a manifest example of willful idiocy in our society.

It's a simple rule- if you're in the left lane and not in the act of passing someone, you don't belong there. If someone is too stupid to follow a rule meant to ensure the safety of others on the road and keep a potentially hazardous activity reasonably orderly and safe, then laws that are enforced by people with guns will be brought to bear against such thoughtlessness.

All the USU and Utah bashing aside, I like you just for this comment.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Utard is nothing like Idaho, for one instance you have crazy polygamist communities - we have white supremacists.

Your capital city was trash until the 2002 Olympics, Boise a perfect little gem.

Idaho isn't safe from polygamists, I've seen some flds people in Weston Idaho now.  They are traveling north like a migrant caravan.

13 minutes ago, Please Spay Your Pets said:

Again people who derogatorily belittle others typically are trying to make up for either deep-seeded insecurity or a small appendage. Which is it Joe?

Dude, light hazing has been a part of MWC Board culture for as long as I have been around, and by all accounts it predates me by a long-shot.

We give each other grief. It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't.

You don't bust your buddies' balls a bit?

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 minute ago, Please Spay Your Pets said:

Again people who derogatorily belittle others typically are trying to make up for either deep-seeded insecurity or a small appendage. Which is it Joe?

As you get to know Joe better, and a few of the other Poke fans, you'll understand that it is not only both of the above mentioned, but also a few others that are only native to the fine citizens of the Cowboy State.  Once you get past the outer crustiness of the Cowboy lore, long ago created on the windswept plains of Laramie at 7220', and in the bars and mines of Sweetwater County, and in the fertile basins of the Bighorn Mountains, and the coal mines of Campbell County, as well as the beautiful valleys at the base of the Tetons, you will gain a greater appreciation for what the fine citizenry of the Cowboy State bring to the discussion here on the MWC Board.  Rarely will that discussion have anything to do with the fine athletic teams at UW since there really isn't a whole lot to discuss.  Welcome to the MWC Board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

Dude, light hazing has been a part of MWC Board culture for as long as I have been around, and by all accounts it predates me by a long-shot.

We give each other grief. It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't.

You don't bust your buddies' balls a bit?

Fair enough. I was waiting for a good comeback actually. I can see you got all respectful, polite and kind on me instead.  Seriously that was very good of you. But little by little, I’m getting the hang of this board  

Maybe Joe will play along.  So... back to my original question... which is it? Am I getting the hang of it yet? 😉

38 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

As you get to know Joe better, and a few of the other Poke fans, you'll understand that it is not only both of the above mentioned, but also a few others that are only native to the fine citizens of the Cowboy State.  Once you get past the outer crustiness of the Cowboy lore, long ago created on the windswept plains of Laramie at 7220', and in the bars and mines of Sweetwater County, and in the fertile basins of the Bighorn Mountains, and the coal mines of Campbell County, as well as the beautiful valleys at the base of the Tetons, you will gain a greater appreciation for what the fine citizenry of the Cowboy State bring to the discussion here on the MWC Board.  Rarely will that discussion have anything to do with the fine athletic teams at UW since there really isn't a whole lot to discuss.  Welcome to the MWC Board.

Thanks. I think I’m starting to kinda like this place. 

18 hours ago, Please Spay Your Pets said:

I expect others to behave like responsible adults. Is that too much to ask?

This is MWCboard, the oldest sports board on the internet.  We have our own culture.  You are welcome to be a part of it but nobody owes you anything, including respect.  Yer mother is a whore.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No, you are just confused because your sister calls me daddy.  

It's days like today I wish Dre was back to add his unique take on familial relations. 

• Like 1

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.