thedude15

3 ranked teams in the CFP poll?

Do you think it is possible Fresno slips back in at #25? It would be pretty impressive for the MW to have 3 teams ranked in the CFP poll.

Honestly I am guessing Fresno reenters the coaches/AP poll this week BUT needs to beat SJSU next week to get back into the CFP poll. Thus setting up a top 25 match for the MWC champ game.

#24 Cincy and #20 BC lost. Cincy will drop out the poll BC could potentially hang on.

Of the 5 teams that drop out of the CFP last week 4 won (NC State, Fresno, Auburn, Iowa). Fresno was the only one of those 4 that beat a team with a winning record this week. Other 4 loss Big-5 schools that won Pit, Georgia Tech, Missouri, Teaxas A&M, South Carolina, Oregon. You also have Army sitting at 9-2 an about to enter the coaches/AP poll. So basically those 1-2 spots in the rankings will come from that group of 9 schools. 

4 minutes ago, glendayle said:

I would love to see it, but I'm going to say no. It wouldn't even surprise me if USU got dropped from the CFP poll. 

CFB poll doesn't play by the same wait in line and you're in rules the other two do.  I hope they stay in, but fear that will not be the case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I doubt three are in.  And USU better hope their win doesn't hurt them.

They still won on the road and a team ranked ahead of them lost.  So they should be safe.

But they failed the eyeball test.  They did not look like they belong in the top 25.

We'll find out next week if they are for real or not.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

20 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

They still won on the road and a team ranked ahead of them lost.  So they should be safe.

But they failed the eyeball test.  They did not look like they belong in the top 25.

We'll find out next week if they are for real or not.

Eyeball test my ass......maybe 2 or 3 folks who matter actually saw any of the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Eyeball test my ass......maybe 2 or 3 folks who matter actually saw any of the game.

They still saw the highlights.

USU won't fall out of the rankings. They might even move up a spot. 

They got an ugly road win against a team they should have dominated. But it's still a win.

• Like 1

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

22 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

If the CFP committee doesn't view Fresno as a top 25 team this week, a win over SJSU the following week won't change their opinion

It could if they view Fresno as #26 or #27 and a couple of schools ranked low in the top 25 loss next week.

We know either Boise or USU is gonna lose next week. Unless the game comes down to a last second play it is almost a certainty we would pass one of those schools. It is clear CFP has some respect for us as evidenced but us being the second (behind UCF) little 5 school to get ranked. I don't think they all of the sudden think we are a terrible team cause we lost a close game on the road @BSU. 

Plus, not saying this is a great thing but I think it is true, the CFP would want a ranked vs ranked team in the MW champ game. This gives them an easy/credible backup team to put in the access bowl should UCF lose in the AAC champ game. 

5 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I doubt three are in.  And USU better hope their win doesn't hurt them.

I'll be somewhat surprised if BSU doesn't jump USU this week in the CFP. USU probably stays in at #23 but I bet BSU leapfrogs them to #22...although that doesn't mean much because the winner of next week's game will become the solid #2 G5 team in the CFP and the loser will be out of the poll completely.

1 hour ago, thedude15 said:

It could if they view Fresno as #26 or #27 and a couple of schools ranked low in the top 25 loss next week.

We know either Boise or USU is gonna lose next week. Unless the game comes down to a last second play it is almost a certainty we would pass one of those schools. It is clear CFP has some respect for us as evidenced but us being the second (behind UCF) little 5 school to get ranked. I don't think they all of the sudden think we are a terrible team cause we lost a close game on the road @BSU. 

Plus, not saying this is a great thing but I think it is true, the CFP would want a ranked vs ranked team in the MW champ game. This gives them an easy/credible backup team to put in the access bowl should UCF lose in the AAC champ game. 

Ok. But you said Fresno "needs to beat SJSU next week to get back into the CFP poll."

Whether they get ranked next week or not is more dependent on other teams losing, a win vs. San Jose doesn't help their CFP ranking at all

56 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Ok. But you said Fresno "needs to beat SJSU next week to get back into the CFP poll."

Whether they get ranked next week or not is more dependent on other teams losing, a win vs. San Jose doesn't help their CFP ranking at all

But a loss vs SJSU would be devastating rankings why. So yes would would need to beat them to either hold onto our spot or get into the rankings.