Please Spay Your Pets

Boise vs Utah State smack talk thread

7 hours ago, hickaggie said:

The only really proven point you make here is that USU has never come close on the blue turf before.   Talent wise the Aggies match up fine except for the depleted young secondary.  Boise has played a better schedule but they are also 1-2 against decent teams.  USU is 0-1 so there isn't much to base any opinion on.  The Aggies O-line has given up 6 sacks this year, BSU 27.  I don't care about SOS that's a huge disparity.   Game will be decided by which Jordan Love shows up.  Rypien will do his thing and get a lot of chunk yards but the Aggies will force a few mistakes.  Love can't miss his throws.  He also is going to a have to ignore the caution instilled by the coaches and keep the read enough to keep the ends honest.

They've given up eight sacks. Boise is 7th in the country in sacks and will be, by far, the best at getting to the QB that the baggies have faced. Fresno had given up six sacks prior to Boise and they got to him three times. Air Force leads the league with seven sacks given up, two of them came from Boise. 

Odds are, USU will get to Ryp, many have. Odds also are, Boise will get to Love... which he mostly hasn't seen. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Roy_McAvoy said:

Reality is there's just no way USU goes into Boise on the blue turf against a fired up team and wins this game. Boise has been tested more and USU hasn't really played anyone. They won't know what to do once Boise punches them in the mouth. Has USU ever even won at Boise before? Combine that with the fact that Boise is just a better team right now and I think Boise wins by double digits. 

Boise dominated a really good BYU team at home. USU could never accomplish such a feat. Therefore BSU wins easily. Solid analysis 

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

vs. common opponents AFA, BYU, CSU, UNM, and WYO...

USU averaged 40.2 ppg and allowed 22.2.

BSU averaged 40.8 ppg and allowed 22.0.

Can't get much closer than that.

Boise: 456.8 ypg average
Common Opp: 375.4 ypg
Difference: +81.4

USU: 417 ypg
Common Opp: 392 ypg
Difference: +25

8 hours ago, hickaggie said:

The only really proven point you make here is that USU has never come close on the blue turf before.   Talent wise the Aggies match up fine except for the depleted young secondary.  Boise has played a better schedule but they are also 1-2 against decent teams.  USU is 0-1 so there isn't much to base any opinion on.  The Aggies O-line has given up 6 sacks this year, BSU 27.  I don't care about SOS that's a huge disparity.   Game will be decided by which Jordan Love shows up.  Rypien will do his thing and get a lot of chunk yards but the Aggies will force a few mistakes.  Love can't miss his throws.  He also is going to a have to ignore the caution instilled by the coaches and keep the read enough to keep the ends honest.

The last time USU has won here was in 1996.

Really excited for this game

I have that game in for my arsenal this weekend

Outside of the SDSU-UH game I got:

1. Apple Cup (Petersen Fan)

2. USU-BSU 

3. LSU-A&M (I feel this will trend to be a big rivalry over time) (Also Aranda Fan)

4. The Big Game (Harbaugh Fan)

5. Territorial cup ( I like Herm)

• Like 1

Related image

2 hours ago, USU78 said:

What Lucifer Smith called your QB that year.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Tony Hilde

Thanks!!! Love this historical stuff (I was about 10 at the time) that makes me google “Hilde greasy crapper” in order to get the context. LMAO. 

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/1996/oct/24/ex-vandals-coach-revisits-his-past-when-utah/

21 hours ago, kingpotato said:

He wasn't the secondary coach. I just know he wasn't well respected by the other coaches. He's also a terrible recruiter. I've been around some of the coaches when they were openly calling him out (in a playful manner, but still), trying to get him to name one single player on the team that was his recruit. 

Plus, he's a doughy soft looking ex-CB. He was 170# back in his playing days... dude has let himself go. That doesn't have anything to do with his coaching ability... I just wanted to point out that he's fat... like yo momma. We're still in the smack talk thread, right? 

Not sure what you mean ... I said he was the DB coach. 

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/bronco-beat-blog/article53037745.html

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

He didn't coach safeties. Just CBs, not the whole secondary. I wasn't responding to you, but the original post. We were both tagged in it. 

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

He didn't coach safeties. Just CBs, not the whole secondary. I wasn't responding to you, but the original post. We were both tagged in it. 

Okay, got it. You may have been addressing the OP but your reply was to my post. That's why I was confused. 

I've watched several of Boise's and USU's games. Including the games leading up to this week. I honestly don't know how anyone thinks USU has much of a chance in this game. USU has been getting fluky turnovers all year long. Boise isn't going to make those stupid mistakes.

I can't believe the spread is as close at is. I've laid down some significant cash -3. I'm considering increasing that amount by a sizeable chunk on the money line. I've seen this story before. The thoroughbread comes through on their home field. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roy_McAvoy said:

I've watched several of Boise's and USU's games. Including the games leading up to this week. I honestly don't know how anyone thinks USU has much of a chance in this game. USU has been getting fluky turnovers all year long. Boise isn't going to make those stupid mistakes.

I can't believe the spread is as close at is. I've laid down $1500 on Boise -3. I'm considering increasing that amount by a sizeable chunk. I've seen this story before. The thoroughbread comes through on their home field. 

If this is one of your socks @fanhood, it isn't going to work. You still have so much to learn about MWCBoard juju. 

15 minutes ago, Roy_McAvoy said:

I can't believe the spread is as close at is. I've laid down some significant cash -3. I'm considering increasing that amount by a sizeable chunk on the money line. I've seen this story before. The thoroughbread comes through on their home field. 

11 non offensive touchdowns in 11 games is so flukey it’s happening once per game. It’s almost as if USU was trying to make good plays on defense and special teams and is succeeding. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

41 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

#1 Octavius Evans...has been seen practicing this week.

That would be huge. It'd be amazing to see what he, Hightower, and Shakir could do together. Boise is going to lose it's top two receivers and will likely have the leagues best WRs next season.