Please Spay Your Pets

Boise vs Utah State smack talk thread

31k tickets out.  Usually 2000+ sell in just the last day or two day.  I'm guessing it's going to be just short of a sellout at about 35k attendance - solidifying Boise as the MW conference Attendance champ this year if nothing else.

High on Saturday is estimated to be 42° right now.  So game time will probably be in the mid to low 30°s.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 9:36 AM, RogueStout said:

Ice cream sucks.

Ogden is a shit hole.

Chuckie Keaton was made of glass.

FIGHT ME

Okay you don't like ice cream, fine.  I think potatoes suck! 

Ogden IS a shithole, true.  Good thing USU is located in LOGAN, Utah.  Also, you are one to talk -  Iderhoe has some of the weirdest/creepiest towns I've ever been to.  Something ain't right about some of them weird towns.

Chuckie is fine.

1 hour ago, Artist formerly known as Hal said:

Chuckie Keaton  still on the roster ? 

On the coaching staff, actually.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

Not enough smack in this thread.

Idaho Fry sauce sucks.  Utah does it better.

*runs*

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

How did USU pick their color anyway? 

Was it like "Hey, lets be blue and a ..... red?  no, no ... yellow? .... naw .... green?   no, okay then just blue.  Yeah, like BYU!!!"

Or was it like "Okay guys, we can't afford uniforms but BYU is donating their old ones to us.  Just get the sister wives to sew new letters on them and we're golden!"

Am I close?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Artist formerly known as Hal said:

People have been killed for less. take

it back

frysauce_110712~1.jpg

20110110-131010-crown-burgers-fry-sauce.jpg

l.jpg

20 minutes ago, easybronc said:

How did USU pick their color anyway? 

Was it like "Hey, lets be blue and a ..... red?  no, no ... yellow? .... naw .... green?   no, okay then just blue.  Yeah, like BYU!!!"

Or was it like "Okay guys, we can't afford uniforms but BYU is donating their old ones to us.  Just get the sister wives to sew new letters on them and we're golden!"

Am I close?

We were first so we got to chose just one color! Not some JC that eventually got University status!

BOOM!

1 hour ago, ViAggie said:

We were first so we got to chose just one color! Not some JC that eventually got University status!

BOOM!

Actually, USU and the ewe got together and tried to recreate the Harvard/Yale rivalry, right down to the colors: scarlet and blue.

The parochial stench didn't figure in the discussions. And now everything old is new again.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On 11/17/2018 at 4:28 PM, madmartigan said:

I don’t think there’s a big talent gap. If you went position by position as to who is better- it would be pretty close, IMO. We have all conference players scattered on both offense and defense, as does Boise. 

I agree there is not much if a talent gap.  I'd put our oline, receivers, and front 7 up with just about anyone.   Our 1/2 punch at rb is the best in the conference. Jordan love is young but is as talented as rypien.  

Where a gap exists is that Usu has a very underwhelming and depleted secondary.  They'll try to make up for it by binging the house and being opportunistic.

Keys to the game will be the QBs.  Love has got to figure out how to throw in the cold and not whiff critical throws.  Rypien can't get pressured into fumbles or a bad decision.

Whichever QB brings it will win.  I think love responds to his csu game and rypien is dialed in and we get a barnburner.

7 hours ago, hickaggie said:

I agree there is not much if a talent gap.  I'd put our oline, receivers, and front 7 up with just about anyone.   Our 1/2 punch at rb is the best in the conference. Jordan love is young but is as talented as rypien.  

Where a gap exists is that Usu has a very underwhelming and depleted secondary.  They'll try to make up for it by binging the house and being opportunistic.

Keys to the game will be the QBs.  Love has got to figure out how to throw in the cold and not whiff critical throws.  Rypien can't get pressured into fumbles or a bad decision.

Whichever QB brings it will win.  I think love responds to his csu game and rypien is dialed in and we get a barnburner.

I think I remember hearing some Boise Fans say that under Julius Brown (our current secondary coach) their secondary play deteriorated. Thoughts on this @kingpotato @BSUTOP25 @RogueStout @Boise fan ?

The secondary is our weak link. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

8 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I think I remember hearing some Boise Fans say that under Julius Brown (our current secondary coach) their secondary play deteriorated. Thoughts on this @kingpotato @BSUTOP25 @RogueStout @Boise fan ?

The secondary is our weak link. 

Julius Brown wasn't Boise State's DB coach for very long. And IIRC, he wasn't fired for coaching incompetence but rather having a poor working relationship with the DC at the time. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

11 hours ago, ViAggie said:

Okay you don't like ice cream, fine.  I think potatoes suck! 

Ogden IS a shithole, true.  Good thing USU is located in LOGAN, Utah.  Also, you are one to talk -  Iderhoe has some of the weirdest/creepiest towns I've ever been to.  Something ain't right about some of them weird towns.

Chuckie is fine.

The Stepford wives of Hildale say hi.

1115hildaleutah.jpg

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism