Please Spay Your Pets

Boise vs Utah State smack talk thread

USU reminds me of Boise teams from the late 90s early 2000s.  Won a lot of games.  Destroyed a lot if woeful teams.  And usually got beat by teams with more talent (ala the trip to South Carolina).  We could beat more talented teams with near perfect execution, but slip up and most likely a loss was eminent.  These days we don't execute nearly as well as we did in those days, but we can still win while having off days.  

If Boise has an off day and USU is on, they'll probably win.  If Boise isn't having an off game though, it's theirs to lose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HooknLiberty said:

USU reminds me of Boise teams from the late 90s early 2000s.  Won a lot of games.  Destroyed a lot if woeful teams.  And usually got beat by teams with more talent (ala the trip to South Carolina).  We could beat more talented teams with near perfect execution, but slip up and most likely a loss was eminent.  These days we don't execute nearly as well as we did in those days, but we can still win while having off days.  

If Boise has an off day and USU is on, they'll probably win.  If Boise isn't having an off game though, it's theirs to lose.

I think both USU and BSU are capable of playing very well and very poorly. High ceilings and very low basements, if that makes any sense. If both teams play well I think it’s a good game. 

• Like 4

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

I think the odds of USU playing a better game are higher than Boise.  But if they both play a good game, it's Boise's win. Makes for a pretty interesting game.  

Boise is the more talented, bigger stronger faster team, but they seem to have a lot of head scratchers lately.  USU is a lot more dialed in lately.  I really miss the days when Boise would win against obviously more talented teams through execution.  Those were fun times.  It seems like by the mid to late 2010s we did both, which was an amazing time to be a Bronco fan. 

The Harsin haters don't think he has it in him to get us back there.  The believers either don't care as much or believe he'll get us there eventually.

• Like 1

I have absolutely no salt in me.  After that game, I would say Boise beats the hell out of us.  I really hope not, because I bought tickets for the game and am driving from Seattle, but my confidence for that game just plummeted.

• Like 2

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

4 minutes ago, HooknLiberty said:

I think the odds of USU playing a better game are higher than Boise.  But if they both play a good game, it's Boise's win. Makes for a pretty interesting game.  

Boise is the more talented, bigger stronger faster team, but they seem to have a lot of head scratchers lately.  USU is a lot more dialed in lately.  I really miss the days when Boise would win against obviously more talented teams through execution.  Those were fun times.  It seems like by the mid to late 2010s we did both, which was an amazing time to be a Bronco fan. 

The Harsin haters don't think he has it in him to get us back there.  The believers either don't care as much or believe he'll get us there eventually.

I don’t think there’s a big talent gap. If you went position by position as to who is better- it would be pretty close, IMO. We have all conference players scattered on both offense and defense, as does Boise. 

• Like 1

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Was hoping for salty Aggie fans. Don't let today be a negative. Hell you guys laid a egg and got the w. I expect you guys to come out ballin. 

I have zero salt, but I’ll bet the team will. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

USU will be the highest ranked away team to ever play on the Blue. Thanks for not blowing it... but actually blowing it... but then not really blowing it against CSU. 

I still feel like we lost. These types of games USU always does lose. Boise WRs just salivating watching our safeties cover no one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

I still feel like we lost. These types of games USU always does lose. Boise WRs just salivating watching our safeties cover no one. 

You did lose... but of all the years to have things break for the baggies, this would be the one, no? 

Boise had three really good receivers out against UNM. Who knows who is gunna play. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I don’t think there’s a big talent gap. If you went position by position as to who is better- it would be pretty close, IMO. We have all conference players scattered on both offense and defense, as does Boise. 

Agree to disagree then.  If USU had as many players hurt as Boise, they wouldn't have a prayer in the upcoming matchup.

• Like 1