hickaggie

Aggies didn't deserve that one

Just now, hickaggie said:

Great game CSU.  BS call at the end.  Rypiens going to have a career day next week against our garbage dbs.

Stop it. There will be no pre-mature jujuing this week.

• Haha 2

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

We looked like ass from start to finish. Hats off to the Rams for being the team that looked like they had something to lose and playing with some fire and passion. The Aggies looked like a spoiled prima donna that wanted nothing to do with the cold weather or anything else that might hurt.

• Like 3

Hey sometimes teams get the calls and luck in these types of games.  

Yeah USU may have looked bad but they persevered.   #10 OSU is going to get credit for a win over Maryland on a failed 2pt try in OT even when they had calls against them also.   

Yet, the only thing that kept CSU in the game was a fumble punt return by USU. 

1 minute ago, MWC Tex said:

Hey sometimes 

CSU drove down the field at the end of the game - After surrendering the lead in the final 2 minutes- and were it not for a BS Offensive Pass Interference penalty and a Bizzaro Out of Bounds call, would have won the game fair and square. 

11 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Yeah USU may have looked bad but they persevered.   #10 OSU is going to get credit for a win over Maryland on a failed 2pt try in OT even when they had calls against them also.   

The only reason it got to that point was the phantom OPI,

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HylianHero said:

The only reason it got to that point was the phantom OPI,

Speaking of which, why did the TV broadcast keep focusing on the wrong player match up on that call? The OPI was called on #81, not #85 that caught the ball. The call was away from the ball, I believe an illegal pick, but they never showed it and the announcers seemed confused.

46 minutes ago, Please Spay Your Pets said:

CSU drove down the field at the end of the game - After surrendering the lead in the final 2 minutes- and were it not for a BS Offensive Pass Interference penalty and a Bizzaro Out of Bounds call, would have won the game fair and square. 

Correct call was made. Dude ran out of bounds on his own. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 hour ago, TrueAg said:

Speaking of which, why did the TV broadcast keep focusing on the wrong player match up on that call? The OPI was called on #81, not #85 that caught the ball. The call was away from the ball, I believe an illegal pick, but they never showed it and the announcers seemed confused.

The refs corrected their call to #85.

Hmm, I'll have to see what #81 was up to when I rewatch.  Maybe it was legit.

4 hours ago, Please Spay Your Pets said:

The call was legitimate.  The game thread shows a still photo break down of the receiver and he clearly stepped out of bounds without any “help” from the defender.  Saying it’s a BS call is like saying it was a little face mask or a little fumble.  Sometimes you lose despite playing extremely well in a game you are supposed to lose and nearly won.  On the other side of the coin, you can wonder if the receiver’s angle or speed would have been just enough off, if he had stayed in bounds, that he wouldn’t have caught the touchdown pass?  Next week I have a feeling your QB is going to have a nice NFL audition tape, however.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WasatchAggie said:

The call was legitimate.  The game thread shows a still photo break down of the receiver and he clearly stepped out of bounds without any “help” from the defender.  Saying it’s a BS call is like saying it was a little face mask or a little fumble.  Sometimes you lose despite playing extremely well in a game you are supposed to lose and nearly won.  On the other side of the coin, you can wonder if the receiver’s angle or speed would have been off just enough off, if he had stayed in bounds, that he wouldn’t have caught the touchdown pass?  Next week I have a feeling your QB is going to have a nice NFL audition tape, however.  

This is a +

• Like 1

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

5 hours ago, WasatchAggie said:

The call was legitimate.  The game thread shows a still photo break down of the receiver and he clearly stepped out of bounds without any “help” from the defender.  Saying it’s a BS call is like saying it was a little face mask or a little fumble.  Sometimes you lose despite playing extremely well in a game you are supposed to lose and nearly won.  On the other side of the coin, you can wonder if the receiver’s angle or speed would have been just enough off, if he had stayed in bounds, that he wouldn’t have caught the touchdown pass?  Next week I have a feeling your QB is going to have a nice NFL audition tape, however.  

I said the OPI call was BS. I said the OB call was Bizzaro. Never implied the OB call was not legit  

I know reading can be challenging for Aggie State grads. 😉

12 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

The punt wouldn't have even happened if it wasn't for a horrible OPI call against the Rams.