AndroidAggie

USU at CSU and stadium feed

54 minutes ago, RambleOn said:

I know I'm biased, but taking great plays away from great players is the bigger tragedy here.  I understand rules are rules, but holding doesn't get called on every player either, when it probably could.  Refs should let the players decide the outcome on the field.

The official made the call before the TD happened.  I don't know that you can say he took anything away.

• Like 1

The World Needs More Cowboys!

13 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Ball snapped at the 34, hit at the line, steps out at the 13. My god you’re right! How’s an athlete supposed to recover after being struck by Thor’s hammer like that.

Ummmm...  that's not what happened.

7 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Ummmm...  that's not what happened.

His words. But to the tape!

Ball snapped at the thirty four.

A28717-E2-BFD1-4-CD1-8288-BB2-F4537318-F

Struck by Thor’s hammer

D051-AD80-8-ACA-40-B8-ABBC-6-A38-BAC05-F

Clear of contact

55-A2-BBDF-6-DBD-4-E89-98-A5-943-D964-AF

Running forward

ABF9-CF01-402-B-44-BE-8320-C4-C087-D8-D9

Still running forward

15589255-BC8-E-45-B1-B969-5-A516-B69-AF7

Still running, errr flying off the hammer

95710-C26-0-DBB-404-F-8-CCE-5535-C562396

Whoopsie

D915-D8-CA-9-F4-E-4-F07-A1-E1-9030509-AB

Back and to the left

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, RambleOn said:

I know I'm biased, but taking great plays away from great players is the bigger tragedy here.  I understand rules are rules, but holding doesn't get called on every player either, 

Weak sauce.  Comparing the two is not even close.  Sorry to steal away the greatness but...

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

His words. But to the tape!

Ball snapped at the thirty four.

A28717-E2-BFD1-4-CD1-8288-BB2-F4537318-F

Struck by Thor’s hammer

D051-AD80-8-ACA-40-B8-ABBC-6-A38-BAC05-F

Clear of contact

55-A2-BBDF-6-DBD-4-E89-98-A5-943-D964-AF

Running forward

ABF9-CF01-402-B-44-BE-8320-C4-C087-D8-D9

Still running forward

15589255-BC8-E-45-B1-B969-5-A516-B69-AF7

Still running, errr flying off the hammer

95710-C26-0-DBB-404-F-8-CCE-5535-C562396

Whoopsie

D915-D8-CA-9-F4-E-4-F07-A1-E1-9030509-AB

Back and to the left

Re-routed at the 25 toward the sideline. Touched the sideline three strides later. He wasn't contacted at the line like your original post stated was he?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Re-routed at the 25 toward the sideline. Touched the sideline three strides later. He wasn't contacted at the line like your original post stated was he?

Contacted at the line was his words. And that’s 5 strides since last point of contact. 

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Wow. When CSU made that catch, I turned off the game in complete depression and disgust. I didn't even want to look at football for the rest of the day. I didn't find out that we had won until just now. I'm glad I spent all day being depressed for no reason.

Sorry you had to lose like that, CSU. You were the better team today and we didn't deserve that win.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, USU78 said:

CSU deserved the win. USU got lucky.

But we're not giving the W back. 

I suspect this one gets talked about for years and years.

It was a little cocker spaniel dog in a crate that he'd sent all the way from Texas. Black and white spotted. And our little girl—Tricia, the 6-year-old—named it Checkers. And you know, the kids, like all kids, love the dog and I just want to say this right now, that regardless of what they say about it, we're gonna keep it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, USU78 said:

CSU deserved the win. USU got lucky.

But we're not giving the W back. 

I suspect this one gets talked about for years and years.

No.  We didn't deserve the win.  We deserve to give our players some serious props for finally putting together a real football game.  We deserve to give our coaches props for finally putting in some young players that should have been there all year.  They did not earn a win today though.  USU won fair and square.  All emotion aside, we aren't as good of a football team as USU this year.  The better team won (and tore my heart out) and that's that for now.  If I had a clue who was going to be coaching The RAMS next year I'd be tempted to make a bet on the game right now.  Lot's of very talented youth on this team and this one is burned into their psyche.  That's how conference matchups are supposed to work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Only a god could survive such a blow!

1 hour ago, misplacedcowboy said:

There was a clearer line of sight from the grassy knoll end zone beer garden of the whole thing

The best thing about playing CSU is having all the 'Pokes in your corner.

Go Pokes!  Go AGGIES!

Incidentally, great comeback win over the 'Bolts!  Bring it home with one more win over the Lobos!

5 hours ago, TrueAg said:

Yep, like when they called them for the 15 yard unnecessary roughness earlier on the drive for shoving the
QB out and trying to keep him from getting a 1st down?

No that penalty was because they hit him out of bounds. Quit trying to spin it, you know they protect QBs.

• Like 2

Sorry Rammies! 

I love that USU Won and is now 10-1 and it sets up a great season finale in Boise next week.

But I hate to win that way.  Watching the ending was crazy for both sides. 

CSU Played really well today and showed some heart.   CSU will be back next year.