AndroidAggie

USU at CSU and stadium feed

1 minute ago, GoState99755 said:

You don't think the push at the line by the corner effected William's run down-the-line?

6 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

You don't think the push at the line by the corner effected William's run down-the-line?

Only if he lets it.  He had plenty of time and several steps to stay in bounds.  I agree that that call doesn't happen 90% of the time, but once the ref threw his hat he was in no position to say "never mind".  Not trying to defend the refs, but PW didn't have to step out of bounds.  He could've avoided it.

Just now, NorthWestCowboy said:

You call what you see and you do it consistently.  It's that simple.  This was obvious.

I don't think it was obvious at all.. the db pushed the WR toward the sidelines and the ref easily could have said it was that momentum that caused him to step on the line.  As I said before,  there were no unfair advantages that happened because he stepped on the line and therefore could/should have been a no call. 

3 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Is he lazy? That would be too bad. He’s got the talent and size to be a number one WR in the NFL 

Just one of the things I hear from some that are close to the team.  Watching him play bears it out in my eyes.  I still think he can be a top NFL receiver, but he'll have to land on a team that will get his head straight.

I have no dog in this hunt, so I can render an unbiased judgement on the play. The official made the correct call. The defender did not force the player out of bounds. The player had ample opportunity to remain in bounds, but lost track of his position on the field and stepped out of bounds on his own accord. Did doing so provide him with a competitive advantage on the play? No. But the rule is the rule, and it was indisputable that he stepped out of bounds. What would have been the greater tragedy; CSU losing because the official chose not to enforce the rule, or USU losing on a play in which a penalty should have been called on the opposing team but the officials chose to ignore?

Champ Logo.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

I have no dog in this hunt, so I can render an unbiased judgement on the play. The official made the correct call. The defender did not force the player out of bounds. The player had ample opportunity to remain in bounds, but lost track of his position on the field and stepped out of bounds on his own accord. Did doing so provide him with a competitive advantage on the play? No. But the rule is the rule, and it was indisputable that he stepped out of bounds. What would have been the greater tragedy; CSU losing because the official chose not to enforce the rule, or USU losing on a play in which a penalty should have been called on the opposing team but the officials chose to ignore?

I know I'm biased, but taking great plays away from great players is the bigger tragedy here.  I understand rules are rules, but holding doesn't get called on every player either, when it probably could.  Refs should let the players decide the outcome on the field.

7 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

Rule doesnt require contact to force the receiver out.  Rule requires contact to cause the receiver to go out of bounds. The twohanded push was in the direction that sent receiver to the sideline. It could be argued that was the cause of Williams stepping OB.  Official decided it wasn't the cause.  Pure judgment.

14 minutes ago, RambleOn said:

You decide for yourself... not sure how this call was even made in real time..

https://twitter.com/KellyLyell/status/1063920776489955329

What’s so hard about the part where half his foot is in the white?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, RambleOn said:

I know I'm biased, but taking great plays away from great players is the bigger tragedy here.  I understand rules are rules, but holding doesn't get called on every player either, when it probably could.  Refs should let the players decide the outcome on the field.

If the receiver allowed himself to step out of bounds, is it still considered a "great play"? Holding usually gets called when it's blatant. It's pretty blatant that the receiver stepped out of bounds. Your expectation that the official should have looked the other way, or let it go, is an emotional, biased response. I get that, and totally understand where your coming from. But, in my opinion, the receiver could have avoided stepping out of bounds. He didn't do that, and that's on him, not the official who made the correct call.

• Like 2

Champ Logo.jpg

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The part when the CB hit him at the line forcing him towards the sideline.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

LOL!  One of my daughters friends said "jeez, it only went out a little bit.  Stupid ref."

I think that's when I just had to accept that the call was legit.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Rule doesnt require contact to force the receiver out.  Rule requires contact to cause the receiver to go out of bounds. The twohanded push was in the direction that sent receiver to the sideline. It could be argued that was the cause of Williams stepping OB.  Official decided it wasn't the cause.  Pure judgment.

A simple bump like occurred can easily affect the WRs momentum down field as it did on this play. Still I think the WR had room to correct if he realized he was so close to the sidelines. I don’t think he knew he was that close. IMO the call could have gone either way and the Aggies were the beneficiary. Tough way to lose for CSU. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

A simple bump like occurred can easily affect the WRs momentum down field as it did on this play. Still I think the WR had room to correct if he realized he was so close to the sidelines. I don’t think he knew he was that close. IMO the call could have gone either way and the Aggies were the beneficiary. Tough way to lose for CSU. 

Agreed... there was definitely a level of subjectivity to the call and its too bad a great play was denied because of it.  Good luck to USU though... no doubt, that was the outcome the conference wanted.

In the big picture, I saw a lot from CSU to make me optimistic tonight.  I think we've got a lot of pieces to be pretty good.  Some real dysfunction in the offensive coaching though.  I don't know if that's Bobo or Johnson.  Roundtree has incriminating pictures on one of them to even be on the field, much less starting.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

In the big picture, I saw a lot from CSU to make me optimistic tonight.  I think we've got a lot of pieces to be pretty good.  Some real dysfunction in the offensive coaching though.  I don't know if that's Bobo or Johnson.  Roundtree has incriminating pictures on one of them to even be on the field, much less starting.

I thought the Rams played a helluva game. You have a lot to look forward to going into next year.

23 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

The part when the CB hit him at the line forcing him towards the sideline.

Ball snapped at the 34, hit at the line, steps out at the 13. My god you’re right! How’s an athlete supposed to recover after being struck by Thor’s hammer like that.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Ball snapped at the 34, hit at the line, steps out at the 13. My god you’re right! How’s an athlete supposed to recover after being struck by Thor’s hammer like that.

I love you. 

• Haha 2

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.