madmartigan

Boise fans: what program would Harsin leave for

17 hours ago, Bronco22 said:

When is Fresno going to quit getting former BSU players to be their coaches? Andy Bennett and Kirby Moore for starters are already down there. Do they want Harsin too?

Tedford was our LB coach.  We could probably cough up another position coach or grad assistant to be Fresno's new head coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Please Spay Your Pets said:

Which computers? Remember there’s lies, damn lies, and statistics. 

The MW is deeper and therefore stronger at the top. Just by virtue of having 12 teams instead of 9 it’s going to be tougher to win. I won’t get into the addition of San Diego State and Air Force and Colorado State  (and even New Mexico in certain years with their damn triple option). It’s just harder to win and go undefeated in the MW than it was in the WAC. All teams have gotten stronger with better recruiting and new stadiums or plans for them. This is a tiring argument to have when the proof is everywhere you look. 

Idaho used to be in the WAC. Need I say more?

All of them.

Ohio State job is definitely opening up.  Meyer was doing his best Fred G Sanford imitation on the sideline yesterday with the migraines, and the Ohio State trustees on Friday gave the President who insisted on a suspension the maximum raise and bonus allowed by his contract.  Ohio State has made it very clear who they plan on keeping.

Any interest in Harsin on their part?  I don't know.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

11 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Best recruits in MWC every year, best facilities in MWC every year, best name brand recognition in the MWC every year. What halfway decent coach wouldn't win 80% of the games with those parameters? Plus he's tried to leave several times, he put his hat in the ring for the Tennessee job. If Colorado offers, he's gone. And I'd be fine with it. 

The broncos could only be so lucky. Y’all deserve a better coach. 

11 hours ago, Please Spay Your Pets said:

Which computers? Remember there’s lies, damn lies, and statistics. 

The MW is deeper and therefore stronger at the top. Just by virtue of having 12 teams instead of 9 it’s going to be tougher to win. I won’t get into the addition of San Diego State and Air Force and Colorado State  (and even New Mexico in certain years with their damn triple option). It’s just harder to win and go undefeated in the MW than it was in the WAC. All teams have gotten stronger with better recruiting and new stadiums or plans for them. This is a tiring argument to have when the proof is everywhere you look. 

Idaho used to be in the WAC. Need I say more?

No need to write all that when you can simply post a gif, like this:

0SE4w2W.gif

• Haha 2

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

13 hours ago, CV147 said:

How so? How will a new internet/TV contract give Boise more money than ESPN, and how would it give Boise better OOC?

Digital broadcasting opens up the ala carte world which would allow the more popular teams to be the financial beneficiaries of their own success (kinda similar to what the MWC did in the terrestrial broadcast world to get Boise State back from the nBE/AAC! #thanksKustra).

It's also much cheaper to run digital because you don't need networks or big cable companies for distribution.  The World Wide Web/Internet is your network.

Use this if it helps... 

Which business model is better: Netflix or Blockbuster Video?  Both provide movies and other video content to their customers.  One model is tremendously more inconvenient for the consumer because the consumer has to go to a physical location to get and return the product.  The other can deliver its product almost instantly at any time to any location.  It also costs a lot to have a "network" of hundreds of physical locations/stores and to staff it and to pay utilities, insurance, etc.  One model can only provide pre-recorded content, the other can provide live content on multiple platforms, including mobile. 

The advantages of digital delivery over traditional over-the-air/cable delivery are even more evident and larger than the gap between P5 programs and G5 programs!

13 hours ago, Please Spay Your Pets said:

Which computers calculated how difficult it is to WIN the conference?

oh wait, none? That’s what I thought. 

The 2006, '08 09,'10. Boise teams would have had absolutely no problem crushing the MWC of 2013-1018 just as easily as they crushed the WAC.  It is not that we are playing in a much better conference (and the computers and OOC performances would show this to be true) we are simply not as good as we were.  

23 hours ago, kingpotato said:

You're the 2nd one who has commented on that. All I did was state a fact. Come up with whatever reason you need to reinforced your thoughts, but that is a fact.

Colorado is one of those tweener type jobs. I don't think he'd take that gig, but I wouldn't be shocked. They have some good history of winning there. 

Not sure that Colorado has the stomach to hire another former Boise State head coach.

• Like 1