retrofade

Air quality issues are putting Cal/Stanford in jeopardy

In a statement late Wednesday, Cal Chancellor Carol Christ said that if the AQI on campus surpasses 200, game cancellations are considered.

At 4 p.m. Thursday, the AQI in Berkeley was 232, which led to the cancellation of Thursday night’s men’s basketball game against Detroit Mercy at Haas Pavilion. Late Thursday, the university also announced the cancellation of all classes Friday. Friday’s on-campus, unveiling of a plaque honoring former quarterback and head coach Joe Kapp also was called off.

In San Francisco, USF said that Friday night’s men’s home basketball game against Arizona State has been postponed. Athletic director Scott Sidwell said he and counterpart Ray Anderson of ASU were working to find a replacement date that works for both teams.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/collegesports/article/Cal-vs-Stanford-Could-air-quality-cancel-Big-13395849.php

There was talk about moving the Nevada at SJSU game to Reno.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

26 minutes ago, ViAggie said:

Loads of So-Cal area HS play-off games are getting moved as well

That's So-Cal, Here in Lo-Cal no such issue. Keep the Heathens from the North OUT!

Viva US Border Patrol and USMC!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I heard they moved it up 2 hours.

yeah.  But there had been discussion about moving it.  

Sac St vs UC Davis will be played in Reno on Saturday.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

51 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Sac St vs UC Davis will be played in Reno on Saturday.  

I would imagine people are scrambling to get ready. Spur of the moment concession stocking, beer sales allowed? Who knows if there will be many Sac State and UC Davis fans showing up? My guess is 4K tops.:shrug:

2 minutes ago, westfan said:

I would imagine people are scrambling to get ready. Spur of the moment concession stocking, beer sales allowed? Who knows if there will be many Sac State and UC Davis fans showing up? My guess is 4K tops.:shrug:

It won’t be a good crowd but that’s to be expected with a last minute change. 

13 minutes ago, westfan said:

UC Davis is pretty good this year. I might go check it out. Open seating and only a $5 donation. 

5 hours ago, Extra Mayo said:

AQ = 180+ in Santa Clara Co. I had to cancel work yesterday and today.

But yeah, nothing to see here. let's keep electing demoKKKrats so they can line their pockets with money from their cronies at the CPUC and PG&E.

#PacificGas&Explosions

Last I heard the Camp Fire death toll was 63?. Maybe more now. 600+ people missing, and 10,000 structures destroyed. How will the state cover PG&E's asses on this one? Someone needs to be held accountable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

It won’t be a good crowd but that’s to be expected with a last minute change. 

It's nice weather and a chance to get out of the smoke, maybe the crowd will surprise, it's their big rivalry game. Probably too late of notice to get charter buses for the students? Hey it's also a day game at Mackay, what a novel idea.

5 hours ago, SpartaRick said:

While air quality in San Jose is not great, it is still better than up in Berkeley.  Prediction is that south to north winds that are developing should push much of the dirty air toward the Central Valley.

+++++ you very much 

edit: wrong central valley