Jump to content
NevadaFan

Muss recruiting philosophy...

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

He was very impressive in the intra-squad scrimmage in the old gym. I believe he was the 2nd leading scorer on his team that game, hitting a couple 3’s and getting a runout dunk off a steal. Seems like a sleeper for next season. 

I don't know if Jalen Harris would be considered a sleeper but it seems people in the know say he's the real deal. Even Muss says he's the most athletic guy in practice and the guy who can get his own shot. High praise considering the talent on this team. Next year might be pretty solid with Harris, probably Drew and Brown, Jazz, Nisre and the freshmen bigs. Good enough to be top 3 in the conference next year as well with the right grad transfers.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ph90702 said:

You guys almost lost to Michael Jackson State.  You’re a bottom four team in the MW this year.

uNLV needs some company. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

You guys can’t even get a home and home with Oregon.

Still good at making uNLV our bitch however.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

I don't know if Jalen Harris would be considered a sleeper but it seems people in the know say he's the real deal. Even Muss says he's the most athletic guy in practice and the guy who can get his own shot. High praise considering the talent on this team. Next year might be pretty solid with Harris, probably Drew and Brown, Jazz, Nisre and the freshmen bigs. Good enough to be top 3 in the conference next year as well with the right grad transfers.

Harris is supposedly a sight to see. If Drew doesn’t play this year and Jordan Brown stays, which are both likely, we’ll be just fine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Harris is supposedly a sight to see. If Drew doesn’t play this year and Jordan Brown stays, which are both likely, we’ll be just fine.

He’s extremely athletic and can get to the rack, however is shooting from deep is below par right now. That’s what he is working on this redshirt year, with improvement he’ll be a star next year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Still good at making uNLV our bitch however.

 

Hey, that's what we do. 

GlamorousHollowKoala-size_restricted.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ph90702 said:

You’re a moron.  That’s why Dave Rice was top ten in the country in landing McD’s during his time at UNLV.  He landed one in every class.

Who did he get that was worth a shit?

Chandler Hutchinson was better than any Rice recruit I can recall.

Muss gets transfers that are better than most 4 star guys Rice recruited.

We'll know more about Vegas after the next two games and more still after we see how they do on the road.

LMU is better than any of us thought. That zone would give any team as young as yours fits. That loss isn't as bad as it appeared.

If you beat Pacific & So Utah you too might be better than expected.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Who did he get that was worth a shit?

Chandler Hutchinson was better than any Rice recruit I can recall.

Muss gets transfers that are better than most 4 star guys Rice recruited.

We'll know more about Vegas after the next two games and more still after we see how they do on the road.

LMU is better than any of us thought. That zone would give any team as young as yours fits. That loss isn't as bad as it appeared.

If you beat Pacific & So Utah you too might be better than expected.

 

 

 

Nevada's 2018 recruiting class - #51

UC Santa Barbara - #68

UNLV - #72

Courtesy of 247Sports.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

 

Nevada's 2018 recruiting class - #51

UC Santa Barbara - #68

UNLV - #72

Courtesy of 247Sports.

 

If Muss leaves we may come for Pasternack haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bigd said:

If Muss leaves we may come for Pasternack haha.

 

Funny you mention that.  Our previous two head coaches lasted 19 years and 15 years respectively. Hard to leave paradise.

Methinks Pasternack is likely waiting for Tulane or LSU - he's from New Orleans - or a Pac 12 job.  I don't see a MW job in his near future. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...