badfish

SDSU at Fresno

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So only SDSU can contain SDSU?  Not going to give any credit there to Fresno?

Often fail to recognize sarcasm?

As to Steve's point, if Fresno beats us by 31 and we go on to lose at home to Hawaii, Rocky better either decide to call it a career or do a major housecleaning when it comes to his staff. Personally I'd be fine with either one.

Boom goes the dynamite.

“At this point, a total of nine sister CSU campuses have either closed or curtailed campus activity to protect safety or because of concerns over air quality,” read a message sent out Friday by Castro. So far, the university has not made plans to close the campus or reschedule outdoor events.If the air quality does not worsen, Saturday’s football game at Bulldog Stadium against San Diego State is scheduled to kick off at the regular time, 7:30 p.m.

The Air Quality Index in Fresno reached 155 as of 2 p.m. Friday, meaning people should avoid prolonged exposure to the air. (that is considered Unhealthy at 151.0 )and they will play a football game stupid as hell.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Often fail to recognize sarcasm?

As to Steve's point, if Fresno beats us by 31 and we go on to lose at home to Hawaii, Rocky better either decide to call it a career or do a major housecleaning when it comes to his staff. Personally I'd be fine with either one.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

19 minutes ago, steveem said:

“At this point, a total of nine sister CSU campuses have either closed or curtailed campus activity to protect safety or because of concerns over air quality,” read a message sent out Friday by Castro. So far, the university has not made plans to close the campus or reschedule outdoor events.If the air quality does not worsen, Saturday’s football game at Bulldog Stadium against San Diego State is scheduled to kick off at the regular time, 7:30 p.m.

The Air Quality Index in Fresno reached 155 as of 2 p.m. Friday, meaning people should avoid prolonged exposure to the air. (that is considered Unhealthy at 151.0 )and they will play a football game stupid as hell.

I will be at the game unless they cancel it, but I agree this is dumb, just cancel the damn game. I will be wearing the protective 3M facemask I picked up from Lowe's. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

4 hours ago, Cincy said:

It’s not that big of a deal.

Play the damn game!!

I do not know if you are serious or not. CSU has a giant problem with litigation and liability.. 

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

4 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

I will be at the game unless they cancel it, but I agree this is dumb, just cancel the damn game. I will be wearing the protective 3M facemask I picked up from Lowe's. 

If this were AFA-CSU, sure.  That game means nothing.  Move this one, sure.  But it's kind of hard to cancel a game that helps decide the division.

6 hours ago, steveem said:

it's on the borderline.  The school uses the clovis monitoring station to make their decision, which is closer to campus, and generally reports better AQI numbers because it's farther from the industrial stuff in south fresno.

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If this were AFA-CSU, sure.  That game means nothing.  Move this one, sure.  But it's kind of hard to cancel a game that helps decide the division.

it's far too late now but the best option would probably have been to move it earlier in the day, TV be damned.   

That being said, this game doesn't decide the decision if canceled unless Fresno loses to SJSU.  Divison isn't going  to 6-2 Nevada over 6-1 Fresno with tiebreaker tilting fresno's way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steveem said:

People should avoid prolonged exposure to Fresno.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

54 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

it's far too late now but the best option would probably have been to move it earlier in the day, TV be damned.   

That being said, this game doesn't decide the decision if canceled unless Fresno loses to SJSU.  Divison isn't going  to 6-2 Nevada over 6-1 Fresno with tiebreaker tilting fresno's way.

Fresno, Nevada and SDSU all have a chance to still win the division.  This game tells a lot.  It would be a colossal fail if this game wasn't  played.  

A default division title would be a disgrace.

• Like 1

Its bad enough to deal with the out of control classless fans, now the air quality (or lack thereof), like the Rose Bowl, best watched on TV...

Go Aztecs!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Its bad enough to deal with the out of control classless fans, now the air quality (or lack thereof), like the Rose Bowl, best watched on TV...

Go Aztecs!

Someone get Baby McQueero a bottle already....

tenor.gif

The issue is particulate matter, PM 2.5.  For the Fresno game, nearest San Joaquin Air Quality Management District (SJAQMD) Clovis station, since midnight today, tracking near identical with yesterday. Currently level 3 @ 40, Unhealthy for sensitive groups (36-55). Group 4, unhealthy, started yesterday about 10 a.m. (56-75). During the 7 p.m. through 11 p.m. last night, the PM 2.5 for Clovis station ranged Unhealthy between 60 to 73. forecast for today and tonight is near identical to yesterday. Unfortunately the breeze across Fresno County currently is flowing from east to west.

http://www.valleyair.org/programs/raan/raan_index.htm?x=ClovisSM

110926run_defense710.jpg

10 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

If the game is cancelled, SDSU is basically screwed regarding any hope of winning the west div title.  Even if Fresno loses the SJSU game next week, they should be a shoo in for the west div title.  I would rather the game be played, but as has been mentioned there are significant health issues present.  Fresno faced a similar situation with the Colorado game cancelled in 2013, due to a weather related issue (excessive flooding) and the game was never made up, just written off.  If the SDSU game gets cancelled there just is NO TIME to make it up or reschedule, simply no time left.

There's a San Joaquin Air Quality Management District? Given the "quality" of the air in the Central Valley, if I worked there, I wouldn't admit it.

Fresno State should have offered to move the game to San Diego. The Aztecs have been so awful lately that if the game had been moved, there would have been so many more Bulldogs in the stands than Aztecs that it would have been like a Fresno State home game anyway.

• Haha 2

Boom goes the dynamite.

23 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

There's a San Joaquin Air Quality Management District? Given the "quality" of the air in the Central Valley, if I worked there, I wouldn't admit it.

Fresno State should have offered to move the game to San Diego. The Aztecs have been so awful lately that if the game had been moved, there would have been so many more Bulldogs in the stands than Aztecs that it would have been like a Fresno State home game anyway.

air quality in the valley is generally a futile cause because of weather patterns and the simple geographical layout, yup.  their job mostly consists of yelling at people to not use their fireplaces.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

air quality in the valley is generally a futile cause because of weather patterns and the simple geographical layout, yup.  their job mostly consists of yelling at people to not use their fireplaces.

It’s a lot better than it was just 15-20 years ago.