badfish

SDSU at Fresno

Ok, makes sense although these kids are pissed. I will be  surprised if we don't come out of the "Anus of the Valley" without a W.

Duck, here come the Urine Bombs!

1 hour ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Ok, makes sense although these kids are pissed. I will be  surprised if we don't come out of the "Anus of the Valley" without a W.

Duck, here come the Urine Bombs!

74900855.jpg

13 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

eh.  Rocky will have your guys amped for it.  you won't win, but you won't get run off the field. 

Amped up doesn't mean a thing if technique isn't there.  We didn't lose to the Nevada schools because of amp-ness.

Seriously, be embarrassed if this is close.

58 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

eh.  Rocky will have your guys amped for it.  you won't win, but you won't get run off the field. 

Agreed. I foresee a massive snoozefest. Our D will play balls to the wall and keep your offense contained until deep into the fourth quarter. Meanwhile our offense will keep itself contained the entire game. Fresno 20, SDSU 7

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 hours ago, badfish said:

Might have to call this one early, Aztecs are falling apart. Now missing our top WR target and 2 starting OL.

I’ll be surprised if we get in the end zone.

Unfortunately that's probably good for the conference. If Fresno can get back into the top-25 for either USU or Boise that would be ideal.

What's the deal with Chapman? Any chance he gets a medical RS? Aztecs should be the favorite heading into next year and that would help. 

16 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Agreed. I foresee a massive snoozefest. Our D will play balls to the wall and keep your offense contained until deep into the fourth quarter. Meanwhile our offense will keep itself contained the entire game. Fresno 20, SDSU 7

yeah, that seems about right. 

8 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Unfortunately that's probably good for the conference. If Fresno can get back into the top-25 for either USU or Boise that would be ideal.

What's the deal with Chapman? Any chance he gets a medical RS? Aztecs should be the favorite heading into next year and that would help. 

Who cares? Chapman is nothing more than a "game manager", and a very mediocre one at that.

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Who cares? Chapman is nothing more than a "game manager", and a very mediocre one at that.

He is. Anyone playing QB under Rocky Long, that's what you're gunna be. But they return a ton next year and they could use that. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

He is. Anyone playing QB under Rocky Long, that's what you're gunna be. But they return a ton next year and they could use that. 

You're being much too kind. We lose virtually our entire defensive line as well as "Aztec" Parker Baldwin, a 4-year starter. And although we return all but one of our offensive linemen, those guys have underachieved this season as badly as any SDSU football unit in memory. Finally, at QB we won't have Christian Chapman and although we will have Ryan Agnew, at this point in time he will be backed up by Mark Salazar, a kid who originally committed to Fresno State but who hasn't taken a single snap in an actual game, and another kid from Helix High in La Mesa who decommitted from . . . mighty Sacramento State.

If you sense from the above that I'm a bit disgruntled, bingo. I follow our recruiting closely and although Rocky will be bringing in some quality kids next month, none of them play quarterback and I'm now to the point of being disgusted with the failure of Horton and Long to sign anybody better than Chapman/Agnew.

Boom goes the dynamite.

8 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You're being much too kind. We lose virtually our entire defensive line as well as "Aztec" Parker Baldwin, a 4-year starter. And although we return all but one of our offensive linemen, those guys have underachieved this season as badly as any SDSU football unit in memory. Finally, at QB we won't have Christian Chapman and although we will have Ryan Agnew, at this point in time he will be backed up by Mark Salazar, a kid who originally committed to Fresno State but who hasn't taken a single snap in an actual game, and another kid from Helix High in La Mesa who decommitted from . . . mighty Sacramento State.

If you sense from the above that I'm a bit disgruntled, bingo. I follow our recruiting closely and although Rocky will be bringing in some quality kids next month, none of them play quarterback and I'm now to the point of being disgusted with the failure of Horton and Long to sign anybody better than Chapman/Agnew.

Rocky has a long enough history that you know the defense is going to be fine. They get their OL and RBs back. That's big. Agnew has been fine and should be better with a year under his belt with the 18 times he is asked to pass a game. A lot of that prediction is based on what Fresno and UNR lose. Fresno loses almost the entire offense and if Allison leaves (a real possibility), they lose the strength of their defense in the LBs. UNR loses most of their OL, Gangi, and most of their playmakers on the defensive side. Plus SDSU gets both at home next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

tedford cut loose all of deruyter's commits except two, one of them being salazar.  This included a couple guys who ended up at P5 schools, iirc.  Didn't lose much sleep over salazar flipping (especially not with jaden casey on the horizon now) but he's not bad or anything.

25 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

tedford cut loose all of deruyter's commits except two, one of them being salazar.  This included a couple guys who ended up at P5 schools, iirc.  Didn't lose much sleep over salazar flipping (especially not with jaden casey on the horizon now) but he's not bad or anything.

Working against him is that he's a SD county kid and San Diegans tend to go gaga over SDSU signing locals. No better example of how thrilled so many were that Chapman from Carlsbad chose SDSU. Also working against him is the opinion of folks on AztecMess who in general know very little: http://aztecmesa.proboards.com/thread/53283/rancho-bernardo-salazar-local-signs?page=1

In his favor, however, is that video shows him to be more mobile than Chapman (though less than Agnew) and that he's a legit 6-3. Chapman has always been listed at 6-0 but has joked about that at a presser or two and having stood next to him, I can say he's definitely not that tall. I'm 5-10 1/2 and even though Chap was wearing cleats whereas I had on slaps, he stood only about an inch taller than me so my guess is that in reality, he's only my height and Salazar therefore has a good 4-5 inches on him.

Bottom line is it appears to me that Salazar is the kind of kid who would make a fine backup QB but he's not going to take SDSU to a MW title.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

7 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I agree about the MWC point. Doubt he'll get a medical RS because he will have played in 4+ games and honestly, that's not a bad thing. I hate this 2 QB system, and splitting reps in the offseason will only hurt the rest of our QBs. Agnew has outplayed him for the most part, but our OL is so garbage they've both been at such a disadvantage. Our new top WR (Tim Wilson) who looked great vs UNLV, is a big loss. We're throwing to 1 RS FR, 2 TR FR and a senior who drops anything thrown his way.

6 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I believe we have a shot at Tuttle. Both USC/UCLA have young QBs set to start there for next few years, and there is a HUGE opportunity at state. Since he enrolled early and left mid-season, does that mean he'd still have to sit out a season?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Agreed. I foresee a massive snoozefest. Our D will play balls to the wall and keep your offense contained until deep into the fourth quarter. Meanwhile our offense will keep itself contained Te entire game. Fresno 20, SDSU 7

So only SDSU can contain SDSU?  Not going to give any credit there to Fresno?

Did you learn this technique form Boise State fans circa 2007?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i think Rocky has thrown up the white flag on this season it is going to be 7-6 or 8-4. Fresno has a great defense we have a horrible offense. Rocky is already talking about 2020, and I think that will be his swan song.. Fresno 42- SDSU 9

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche