mugtang

Michael Avenatti Arrested for Domestic Violence

2 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

You are the conspiracy theorist on the board.

Jacob Wohl and Surefire Intelligence, which isn't even a real company, as evidenced by voice mail being redirected to his mom's phone, is claiming credit for the charges.

Lol. I am? Your entire Russia fantasy has come undone just like I said it would a year ago. 

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

What conspiracy theory am I pushing? I said that it could have been a setup... and then this Wohl kid came out and practically admitted it on Twitter. I'm not "defending" him, I'm merely pointing out that y'all should afford him the same presumption of innocence that you demanded that people give Kavanaugh. I actually agreed that Kavanaugh should have a presumption of innocence... I just thought that the allegations should have been fully investigated.

As I've said before, I think Avenatti has served his purpose at this point... inserting himself into politics the way that he has and exploring a presidential run is just silly. 

Now go rant about releasing another memo instead of making shit up about me.

What conspiracies don't you push should be the question. 

Every day you post every story that could possibly be damaging or embarrassing for Trump. How much crap did you post that hasn't been true the last 2 years? I've lost count. 

We get it, you don't like him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Exactly when did that happen? Because people expect more indictments to come down very soon.

It happened a long time ago. You just aren't bright enough to see it. 

There will be indictments. There already have been indictments. None are significant in any way having to do with collusion in the election. You know, which was the mandate of the SC. 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

:lol:

Do you have a memo that shows that? 

I actually feel bad for you. One day reality is going to hit you right in the face. 

Imagine all the things you might have been able to do in your life if you weren't so obsessed with something you can't control. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rebelbacker said:

I actually feel bad for you. One day reality is going to hit you right in the face. 

Imagine all the things you might have been able to do in your life if you weren't so obsessed with something you can't control. 

I'm not missing out on anything, because I have found this whole process to be fascinating at every turn. We're literally experiencing history the likes of which our nation has not gone through in the past. If it turns out that there's absolutely nothing to any of the investigation, then I was wrong, my life will go on, and I'll know that I followed the most engaging political story since the 2000 recount or Clinton's impeachment. If I'm right, then I'll honestly be sad for the country because it ever even happened to begin with, and for all of the people who bought into Trump's crap. Either way, it's been a wild ride to witness. 

4 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

one more:

avenatti is asking for a full investigation:

https://www.tmz.com/2018/11/14/michael-avenatti-arrested-domestic-violence-stormy-daniels-attorney/?vtest=100

if brett kavanaugh asked for one, i totally missed it.

The entire Kavanaughcalypse was an investigation, complete with subpoena power, and criminal referrals for prosecution for the people that lied.

• Like 2

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

26 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The entire Kavanaughcalypse was an investigation, complete with subpoena power, and criminal referrals for prosecution for the people that lied.

imo the hearings aren't an investigation, although both ford and kavanaugh were heard out by the senate judiciary committee.

kavanaugh was confirmed on 6 oct.  as of 30 sept, Ford's legal team had yet to hear from the fbi.  sauce

imo the confirmation was a fait accompli and the investigation wasn't given the proper attention and diligence it deserved.  but that's another debate.

addendum:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/01/us/politics/kavanaugh-fbi-investigation-witnesses.html

the fbi didn't interview a lot of people.  or rather, it's not known that they did.  

/me shrugs his shoulders

i'm not convinced kavanaugh did it, but i find ford to be more credible in her accusation than kavanaugh in his denial.  it's over now, and it's in the past.  but NOT waiting until the 11th hour to conduct an investigation and actually make it a thorough one when we try to figure out whether or not someone has the requisite character and history for the highest court office is probably the better move than just saying "oh she's making it up and it's a liberal plot to block the nomination!"

40 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

imo the hearings aren't an investigation, although both ford and kavanaugh were heard out by the senate judiciary committee.

kavanaugh was confirmed on 6 oct.  as of 30 sept, Ford's legal team had yet to hear from the fbi.  sauce

imo the confirmation was a fait accompli and the investigation wasn't given the proper attention and diligence it deserved.  but that's another debate.

Ford had already given her statement. She testified in no uncertain terms that there was nothing else she could add. Questioning her again would be redundant and only open her up to a perjury trap and obstruction charges if her story changed. Her legal team knew this and was playing political football.

Everyone with supposed firsthand knowledge of the incidents was contacted and statements were taken. I don’t know what more, in your opinion, would constitute an investigation, but if it’s interviewing anyone who’d heard a rumor or then I’m gonna strongly disagree. 

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

one more:

avenatti is asking for a full investigation:

https://www.tmz.com/2018/11/14/michael-avenatti-arrested-domestic-violence-stormy-daniels-attorney/?vtest=100

if brett kavanaugh asked for one, i totally missed it.

Because like 6 investigations were already done.

110926run_defense710.jpg

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Ford had already given her statement. She testified in no uncertain terms that there was nothing else she could add. Questioning her again would be redundant and only open her up to a perjury trap and obstruction charges if her story changed. Her legal team knew this and was playing political football.

Everyone with supposed firsthand knowledge of the incidents was contacted and statements were taken. I don’t know what more, in your opinion, would constitute an investigation, but if it’s interviewing anyone who’d heard a rumor or then I’m gonna strongly disagree. 

you see the NYT article?  they missed a ton of people.

a hearing isn't an investigation.

14 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

you see the NYT article?  they missed a ton of people.

a hearing isn't an investigation.

Yes, I saw the article. I followed the entire thing closely. None of those people had any firsthand knowledge of either incident. There is no secondhand knowledge or someone opining what Kavannaugh could or could not remember that adds a scintilla of evidentiary value as to whether the incidents happened as alleged. It’s just rumor and speculation. 

An investigation is part of a hearing.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yes, I saw the article. I followed the entire thing closely. None of those people had any firsthand knowledge of either incident. There is no secondhand knowledge or someone opining what Kavannaugh could or could not remember that adds a scintilla of evidentiary value as to whether the incidents happened as alleged. It’s just rumor and speculation. 

An investigation is part of a hearing.

fair enough.  i think you followed it closer than me.

4 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

What conspiracies don't you push should be the question. 

Every day you post every story that could possibly be damaging or embarrassing for Trump. How much crap did you post that hasn't been true the last 2 years? I've lost count. 

We get it, you don't like him. 

The Trump/Russia investigation is a real, honest to gawd investigation. We won’t know what’s true until Mueller releases his final report. You seem to be under the impression that if someone isn’t hand cuffed and hauled to jail immediately, that it isn’t true.

There is a reason Trump is scared shitless. An innocent man would welcome an investigation to clear his name.

• Haha 1