UNLV2001

USU

If the Ags don't overlook CSU it will be fun to see if they can come in with the focus they've had all year against Boise.  We will finally find out if the Wyoming game was a fluke or a guide for a good defense to stop them.  I'm voting for the former as Love just didn't look right.  I also think Dax Raymond would have upset the whole dynamic of Wyoming's game plan.  I think the biggest misconception of the Aggies is that its all about their offense.  They lead the nation in TOs and 3 and outs on D.   Probably 1/2 of the yards and points given up this year have come against the 2s and 3s.  They also lead the country in non-offensive TDs.   The secondary is vulnerable but they make up for it with big plays and TOs. They have also got healthier at LB, deeper,  and much better as the year has gone on as everyone adjusted to Patterson and young guys like Woodward came into their own and Roquemore took his new hybrid DB/LB spot by storm.

Its going to be a fun one on the blue turf..  I don't blame Boise fans for pointing out the crap competition and that the team has been a long time from facing any real adversity.  I think they are more mature and prepared for it than you guys give them credit for.  In any event, I think it will be a good one that will come down to the last possession or overtime.  

;

3 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

You can overlook them. They are terrible. 

You guys could beat CSU with 10 players on the field at all times. 

They didn’t pass 100 yards of offense until midway through the 3rd quarter against us.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

26 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

I worry that something fluky will happen like somehow Hill will get injured again and then KJ will come in and start throwing bombs on us.

Hard to shake that lifelong learned Aggie pessimism. I'm finding myself worrying about the game too, when in all honesty we really shouldn't be. 

• Like 1

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Lui returned on our Dline last week and he makes a huge difference. Lui and Igiehon are two huge road blocks in the middle of our line. Hatada was reinjured, but not sure how serious. By next week Miles should be ready to go. The biggest key is Hightower who stretches the field for us. I doubt he plays this week, but hope he is ready for USU. 

I hope we get thru the game with UNM unscathed. Knock on wood. 

• Like 2

Here's a question for you. The MWC record for most points scored in a season is 608 by BYU (in 13 conference games) and has stood since 2001 which also led the entire NCAA that season. Bowl game points are not included in the MWC records.

USU currently sits at 513 points with 2 regular season games left and a potential 13th game in the conference championship. Will USU erase BYU from the record books? Can they do it in the regular season without a championship game? (currently average 51.3 ppg)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RogueStout said:

You can overlook them. They are terrible. 

You guys could beat CSU with 10 players on the field at all times. 

Hell, we beat Fresno with 10 on the field. Check out their 4th and 11 near the end of the game. This still happened after two timeouts!!

Don't blow it baggies! We need you to carry the MWC torch this year to the NY6 bowl $$$. Down went Buffalo tonight, UCF vould go down this week to Cincy, who you'll pass after to beat BSU next week. Just win out this year because Well will be gone to greener pastures when this season ends.

4 hours ago, cosinama said:

I hope USU scores 100 points on CSU. I’m also glad that I get to see CSU’s stadium before the bank forecloses on it. 

I also hope hope I get to kick Lolsfazz in his tiny pecker. 

I’m pretty sure I met Lofazz at Hugh’s. He was sitting right next to the Aggie fan section heckling the Ag fans every time the Rams made a good play. I introduced myself to him and he walked out of the stadium. Just before CSU was attempting a 55 yard field goal for a chance to win. I thought to myself, what a weird time to leave a game.

13 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Hard to shake that lifelong learned Aggie pessimism. I'm finding myself worrying about the game too, when in all honesty we really shouldn't be. 

CSU is so terrible. Baggies roll. Don't ruin our big match up. 

12 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Lui returned on our Dline last week and he makes a huge difference. Lui and Igiehon are two huge road blocks in the middle of our line. Hatada was reinjured, but not sure how serious. By next week Miles should be ready to go. The biggest key is Hightower who stretches the field for us. I doubt he plays this week, but hope he is ready for USU. 

I hope we get thru the game with UNM unscathed. Knock on wood. 

Yeah, getting Lui back was huge. Igiehon is the future at that position, but Lui is the man. I didn't know Hatata went out again. That would be a blow. I'd really, really love to have Hightower back for Utah State. I think they can be hit for some big plays and he's the biggest play guy Boise has.