mugtang

USU & BSU ranked in CFP poll

Two 4-loss teams ranked ahead of us, one of them got shut out in the last game.  The CFP committee members have a huge hard on for themselves.

• Like 2

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

7 minutes ago, Naggsty Butler said:

Two 4-loss teams ranked ahead of us, one of them got shut out in the last game.  The CFP committee members have a huge hard on for themselves.

Until there is a 12 or 16-team CFP, there will always be a concerted effort by the P5 and its agent, the CFP Committee, to subjugate non-power schools & conferences. 

• Like 3

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

I can say without any uncertainty that coach Harsin is a 2nd half of the season kind of guy. No matter how much returning talent we have any given year, we seem to forget how to play and coach football until late October every single season. 

By the time we play Utah State we will look like an all star team. Next September we could lose to Portland State, and then by November we will be in the hunt for the MWC Championship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

Couple musings on how these rankings could potentially affect the NY6 race:

1. It's a good sign that the committee currently values 9-1 USU slightly more than 9-1 Cincinnati, despite USU having a lower SoS. If Cincy beats UCF they will likely zoom past USU...but that may only be temporarily due to USU likely having two ranked CFP teams in Boise and Fresno to play if they make the MWCCG. Cincy's remaining games will be a bad ECU team and most likely a 7-5 SMU or 7-5 Tulane in the AACCG.....I'm guessing USU catches and passes Cincy if they win the MWC.

2. BSU still has a decent shot at the NY6, even if Cincy wins the AAC due to the same SoS factors that apply to USU.

3. If the MWC Champion is BSU, USU or Fresno and the AAC Champion is a West Division team, the MWC gets the NY6 Bowl easily.

• Like 6

I am not looking forward to the 10:15 start vs Choo Choo State while I’m in Sanibel at the girlfriend’s Mom’s place. 

I’m getting flashbacks of the 2010 Nevada game while I was living in Key West and Jack Flats kept the bar open til 2:30am just so I could watch the end.   

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

Couple musings on how these rankings could potentially affect the NY6 race:

1. It's a good sign that the committee currently values 9-1 USU slightly more than 9-1 Cincinnati, despite USU having a lower SoS. If Cincy beats UCF they will likely zoom past USU...but that may only be temporarily due to USU likely having two ranked CFP teams in Boise and Fresno to play if they make the MWCCG. Cincy's remaining games will be a bad ECU team and most likely a 7-5 SMU or 7-5 Tulane in the AACCG.....I'm guessing USU catches and passes Cincy if they win the MWC.

2. BSU still has a decent shot at the NY6, even if Cincy wins the AAC due to the same SoS factors that apply to USU.

3. If the MWC Champion is BSU, USU or Fresno and the AAC Champion is a West Division team, the MWC gets the NY6 Bowl easily.

And then BSU gets invited to the NFC East. 

• Haha 1

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

14 minutes ago, broncos345 said:

Next Year BSU opens with Florida St, i like their chances to win with the way Florida st is playing

On the road or at home?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

17 minutes ago, broncos345 said:

Next Year BSU opens with Florida St, i like their chances to win with the way Florida st is playing

Breaking in a new QB?  Not even sure Cord will be ready to go by the opener, and he at least has a tiny bit of real game experience.  You are more confident than I am.

• Like 1

I didn't think the baggies would crack the top 25 but the sheer plethora of mediocre P5 teams opened the way.

Boise was obvious, though.  Fresno got in at 9-3 by beating #23 Boise at home last year, exactly what the donks did.

Fu/ck that shit! I'm so damn sick of seeing BSU ranked below 20th...

If UCF loses, we take down Choo Choo, and then move forward through the MWCG, we'd better be ranked top 12..

Or, please God, let Alabama score 100 on UCF! 

Probably the best case outcome would be ND beating UCF by like 60+

With the power of Christ compelling them to quit acting like major, elastic-gigantic, vaginal damage; RE that stupid mythical NC - not even recognized by another 3'rd party entity, outside of maybe their currently used, partially-legal, laundry staff...

.... Lastly, without being too verbose, I post the following for all that is good and right in the world - stay in the light!

Boise.jpg

At least we're not liable to poop inside it like Fresno...

New-Signature.jpg

CFP committee has revealed itself to be nothing more than P5 fanboys. SEC East is a total joke IMo with their OOC schedules and 8 conf games. No way that should be compared to PAC, BIG, or even B12 schedules in total. Basically this is a legacy poll and how close you get to the top has more to do with history and expectations than what is actually happening. I watched a lot of power programs lose to G5 and FCs teams this year. USU should be top 20 easily, they have the best offense in CFB.