Lobo Amor

Iona at UNM

Video  

Iona at New Mexico

We're Live with Iona at New Mexico Men's Basketball!

Posted by Stadium College Basketball on Tuesday, November 13, 2018

4 hours ago, thatsmymammy said:

Why is Drinnon not playing?

Drue Drinnon played a few minutes but did not look ready. He was visibly very nervous. Normally this would not be an issue, but we were in a dogfight and coach could not afford to let him play through the freshman mistakes during this game.

He will get his time. He will likely see a lot of minutes when we are blowing some teams out to get some experience leading up to conference play. He will be one of the top PGs in the MWC when it's all said and done.

3 hours ago, TopLobo said:

Drue Drinnon played a few minutes but did not look ready. He was visibly very nervous. Normally this would not be an issue, but we were in a dogfight and coach could not afford to let him play through the freshman mistakes during this game.

He will get his time. He will likely see a lot of minutes when we are blowing some teams out to get some experience leading up to conference play. He will be one of the top PGs in the MWC when it's all said and done.

Is he hurt though? Weir keeps saying things like “ we want to bring him along slowly”, “see how he’s feeling”, “ not pushing it”... just sounds to me like maybe he’s hurt cause of the wording he uses when talking about getting DD some playing time.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

Is he hurt though? Weir keeps saying things like “ we want to bring him along slowly”, “see how he’s feeling”, “ not pushing it”... just sounds to me like maybe he’s hurt cause of the wording he uses when talking about getting DD some playing time.

I'm sure that has a lot to do with it as well, which probably explains the nerves. I would assume he's physically healthy but it's mostly a psychological thing? It seems like PW wants to take it slow with Drue in general right now, being a super raw true frosh coming off an injury. Seems fine since our schedule kind of sucks lol.

• Like 1