Lobo Amor

Iona at UNM

Video  

Iona at New Mexico

We're Live with Iona at New Mexico Men's Basketball!

Posted by Stadium College Basketball on Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Lobos will be hosting Iona at 1900 this evening at the Pit aka dreamstyle arena. The Lobos are looking to build chemistry as they have 4 new starters and 9 new team members this season. 

Iona could prove to be a challenge as they are picked to finish third in their conference and have veteran team of juniors and seniors. 

The Lobos are coming off a last second 3 point bank shot victory over CSUN and a 48 point exhibition victory over NMMC. UNM is expecting a good turn out as more that 10K showed up for the exhibition match up against NMMC.

Game will on MW network.

Good to see some size out there finally, but man are we sloppy!

39-39 at the half. We left to many points at the line!

71A0D65C-79DB-4483-A225-907E9AEB1955.jpeg

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Loved this game. Iona is a lot of things, but one thing they are not is soft. NYC team. Good experience for all those new Lobo faces.

Things I didn't like: free throws in the first half, ticky-tack fouls both ways, a UNM substitution system that doesn't lead to offensive cohesiveness (yeah, I know that's systemic with the Cleveland State style, but still....).

Things I did: Vlad Pinchuk is developing in the post far faster than i thought he would. Who the hell is Corey Manginault? :)  Decent crowd early.

• Like 2