Del Scorcho

CU's Mike MacIntyre fired?

It wouldn't surprise me if he's let go now or at the end of the season.  Coach MacIntyre has had only one winning season in six (2018 YTBD) at the helm with an overall record of 30-43.  The Buffs have had only one winning season in the past fourteen (2018 YTBD).  Colorado's problems go deeper than MacIntyre.  Save for the seasons from 1989-96, Colorado football has struggled more than it's excelled.  It hasn't helped that they joined an athletically waning conference.

He's gone.  The way he has handled his postgame pressers have been different since that collapse against Oregon State.  More like spinning his resume in as much of a positive light as possible.  He'll land somewhere.  The OC who is also the recruiting coordinator said that he's not able to be on Twitter these days...very telling that his work in Boulder is done unless the new coaching staff retains him which is possible.  They have known since the Oregon State game.

I have nothing negative towards MM.  Two things he did right in Boulder:

1. Get CU to being competitive in the Pac-12.

2. Beat Nebraska and spoil Scott Frost's debut.  Can't ever go wrong with that.

I suspect Les Miles is the next CU coach.  The way he was received by the CU AD at a Bolder Boulder was very telling.  KU also cancelled a flight to where Les Miles is at and now KU appears to be hiring ASU's former coach.  LSU is still paying Miles so CU can offset that with the money that is offset with MM working elsewhere next season.

1 hour ago, TheDoggFather said:

Hoser will gladly take him back!

Brennan will be back at SJSU next season, unfortunately. :waiting:

58 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

He's gone.  The way he has handled his postgame pressers have been different since that collapse against Oregon State.  More like spinning his resume in as much of a positive light as possible.  He'll land somewhere.  The OC who is also the recruiting coordinator said that he's not able to be on Twitter these days...very telling that his work in Boulder is done unless the new coaching staff retains him which is possible.  They have known since the Oregon State game.

I suspect Les Miles is the next CU coach.  The way he was received by the CU AD at a Bolder Boulder was very telling.  KU also cancelled a flight to where Les Miles is at and now KU appears to be hiring ASU's former coach.  LSU is still paying Miles so CU can offset that with the money that is offset with MM working elsewhere next season.

Les Miles would be interesting, I think that would be a quality hire.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

What the hell happened to our Buffs? Definitely hit the skids after the OSU debacle.

On a side note, when did Folsom Field go to natural grass.

3 minutes ago, bigd said:

Macintyre would be a great hire for any MW school. UNLV should definitely a give him a call, if he can win at SJSU and Colorado he can win at UNLV.

I'm not sold on MacIntyre.  He's certainly not a bad coach but had 1 winning season at SJSU and so far has had just 1 at CU.  Granted both tough places to win.  A winning season is one thing, turning a team around and stringing together winning seasons is quite another.  Would have been interesting if he'd stayed at SJSU but then who would after a 10 win season?

UNLV should drop some serious coin and go after the best football coaches money can buy.  I don't think MacIntyre is it.  The Rebs have a window of 5-7 seasons to leverage that shiny new stadium and see if they can build a program the city and state care about.  If it's business as usual for UNLV football the Raiders could be the death of that program.

16 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I'm not sold on MacIntyre.  He's certainly not a bad coach but had 1 winning season at SJSU and so far has had just 1 at CU.  Granted both tough places to win.  A winning season is one thing, turning a team around and stringing together winning seasons is quite another.  Would have been interesting if he'd stayed at SJSU but then who would after a 10 win season?

UNLV should drop some serious coin and go after the best football coaches money can buy.  I don't think MacIntyre is it.  The Rebs have a window of 5-7 seasons to leverage that shiny new stadium and see if they can build a program the city and state care about.  If it's business as usual for UNLV football the Raiders could be the death of that program.

I definitely see your point, but in both cases he took teams that had been awful for years and guided them to top-25 rankings.

Colorado had seven straight losing seasons when he arrived, and SJSU hadn't been ranked since 1975 before his arrival. He definitely deserved another year at Colorado and will do well wherever he lands next.

Colorado's 5-5 and could still go bowling, they aren't USC, it seems absolutely insane for them to fire him at this point.

1 hour ago, crixus said:

Brennan will be back at SJSU next season, unfortunately. :waiting:

I noticed attending the game Saturday- he is a very good clapper! He and Jason Garrett have that in common, besides being bad head coaches. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

36 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I noticed attending the game Saturday- he is a very good clapper! He and Jason Garrett have that in common, besides being bad head coaches. 

Good one. :rimshot1:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

What the hell happened to our Buffs? Definitely hit the skids after the OSU debacle.

On a side note, when did Folsom Field go to natural grass.

The players quit believing in the coaching staff after the coaching staff took the foot off the gas while up 31-3 only to lose the game against those Beavers.

I think that was 1998 when the Buffs switched from that astro turf to grass.

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

Les Miles would be interesting, I think that would be a quality hire.

The CU ground staff has done great with grass surfaces...maybe they will get a boost in funding if Les Miles is hired.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

in 4 of the last 5 years CU has finished last in the PAC-12 South, the one year they didn't finish last, they won it

:hookah:

That was a great year in 2016.  But if you look at 1-0-1-8-2-2(?), that is the number of conference wins in the P12 under MacIntyre.

48 minutes ago, Pokez said:

One cannot understate how bad that Oregon St loss was.

Yep especially leading 31-3 just after the half.

1 hour ago, bigd said:

Macintyre would be a great hire for any MW school. UNLV should definitely a give him a call, if he can win at SJSU and Colorado he can win at UNLV.

That's a good idea.

2 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

in 4 of the last 5 years CU has finished last in the PAC-12 South, the one year they didn't finish last, they won it

:hookah:

Which is why Jim Leavitt will get the first interview if he wants it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

CU has been competitive uder MacIntyre since the 2015 season after getting blown out in 2013 and 2014 due to starting a bunch of underclassmen.  I think he only lost to CSU once as coach of the Buffs.

MacIntyre will get picked up somewhere.