UNLV2001

UC Riverside at UNLV

51 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

And who's also led by a rookie head coach.

Didn't know that. I also didn't know until I saw the replay on a cable channel that Mike Dunlap is the HC at LMU. How in the world can LMU afford him? And why in the world didn't UNLV hire the guy?

Boom goes the dynamite.

7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Didn't know that. I also didn't know until I saw the replay on a cable channel that Mike Dunlap is the HC at LMU. How in the world can LMU afford him? And why in the world didn't UNLV hire the guy?

Dunlap is an LMU alum and was an assistant coach way back when so perhaps he gave them a discount. Why UNLV didn't hire him, lack of interest on one side.  

Back to UCR for a moment, I like the direction David Patrick is navigating them towards.  Landing quality recruits in Rivertucky is tough so he's using his connections from previous stops to extend their reach into Texas, Australia and New Zealand.  In a few years they should be much more competitive.

I liked what I saw from Hamilton. Still needs some work on defense, but we need him to keep playing confident on offense.

I liked Ntwambe's hustle. Diong and Dembele both had better games.

On the bad side, our PG's need to find their shots. Both are nearly shooting us out of games right now.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I liked what I saw from Hamilton. Still needs some work on defense, but we need him to keep playing confident on offense.

On the bad side, our PG's need to find their shots. Both are nearly shooting us out of games right now.

Every time hardy has the ball I almost cringe, cause he’s not going to give it up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

Every time hardy has the ball I almost cringe, cause he’s not going to give it up. 

Biggest concerns right now are PG position - Seen very little from Hardy or Robo to make me comfortable with either of them - Let's hope the weak schedule helps bring them around 

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

As Marvin has more time to evaluate players, we will get better ones.  Hardy was a 2017 recruit.  In addition, of the four scholarship players who didn’t play last night, two were from the original recruiting class, and one was from fall 2017.

1 hour ago, Cheek Patch said:

So far hardy seems like he’s regressed. He definitely doesn’t look very comfortable playing point anyway. I’d say Marv should move him off the ball more but we don’t have any other guards

and that's on Marv for focusing on bringing in a gazillion project bigs, lol.

Just now, jdgaucho said:

Joe Pasternack

usa_today_9791136.0.jpg

8TWbM_medium.gif

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

As Marvin has more time to evaluate players, we will get better ones.  Hardy was a 2017 recruit.  In addition, of the four scholarship players who didn’t play last night, two were from the original recruiting class, and one was from fall 2017.

Not a very good take on your head coach there.  Be positive. 

11 hours ago, ph90702 said:

It’s the truth.  He had little time to recruit 2016 and 2017 players.

He is in his third year.  Most coaches get 4 years.  If he can’t be held responsible for his job in 4 years you hired the wrong guy in my opinion.  To many good coaches can turn a program in 4 years.  You deserve better.  

• Like 1