Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

Rick Pitino to visit UNLV

I say do it. Pitino jolts the system and gets the Rebs into the mix for 4-5 years, and this in turn raises the profile of the conference and helps the other teams raise their game. Then when the axe comes down UNLV crashes for a bit while the others just received a nice boost.

pitino-yes.gif?w=640

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

13 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Pitino to Vegas! Here’s a new, refreshing out-of-the-box idea that hasn’t been discussed before!

I think the last time RP was coming to Vegas they ended up with Marvin Menzies.

It's funny how some of them still want Reggie. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

42 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

I feel bad for DRF. She comes into a situation where a completely unqualified idiot right before her extends the football coach, for no reason really. And who also runs the worst coaching search ever and hires a basketball coach who no one wanted. 

What’s funny, is Menzies probably just bought Sanchez another year. The Mack is going to be a ghost town this season if Saturday was a preview of things to come. DRF needs to get a name hire for basketball to get that spark back. 

This 5-6 year plan bullshit isn’t going to fly at unlv. Every loss this season, Menzies is going to use that excuse all season. Just shoveling horse manure on the fan base. 

5 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I think the last time RP was coming to Vegas they ended up with Marvin Menzies.

It's funny how some of them still want Reggie. 

I thought it was before Pitino jumped the shark ... so before he made sweet love to a waitress in a booth out of wedlock? And was caught cheating for the umpteenth time?

Career:

1974–1976 Hawaii (assistant)
1976 Hawaii (interim HC)
1976–1978 Syracuse (assistant)
1978–1983 Boston University
1983–1985 New York Knicks (assistant)
1985–1987 Providence
1987–1989 New York Knicks
1989–1997 Kentucky
1997–2001 Boston Celtics
2001–2017 Louisville

I dont see any high school coaching experience on that resume.  

Image result for disqualified gif

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

20 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I thought it was before Pitino jumped the shark ... so before he made sweet love to a waitress in a booth out of wedlock? And was caught cheating for the umpteenth time?

That was the first time. When Dave rice was fired pitino was in town to talk about it when Louisville’s president was thinking he was going to cut him loose. (The pres found out he would be gone before Pitino). It was the following year Pitino got fired, we had Menzies by then. 

Somebody just needs to send a limo for Rick’s wife. 

He wants to go back the the NBA. Wouldn't surprise me to see him end up with the Lakers. I don't think Luke is long for that chair.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

34 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

What’s funny, is Menzies probably just bought Sanchez another year. The Mack is going to be a ghost town this season if Saturday was a preview of things to come. DRF needs to get a name hire for basketball to get that spark back. 

This 5-6 year plan bullshit isn’t going to fly at unlv. Every loss this season, Menzies is going to use that excuse all season. Just shoveling horse manure on the fan base. 

I had also thought Menzies had bought Sanchez another year, but not necessarily because of the lower salary... my thought  was that it would be because basketball is our bread and butter more so than football. Either way, I agree. 

I can't stand Pitino ever since he screwed UNLV hoops the first time he flirted with them back in 2001, and we ended up with Spoon. That was even before he contributed to last year's historically embarrassing coach search. Although the incompetent admin can be blamed for both of those instances that doesnt excuse Slick Rick in my eyes.

And I havent even brought up yet that he's one of the sleaziest scumbags in NCAA history to the point it would make Dave Bliss blush.

All that said, i'd give my right nut to get Marvelously Mediocre Marv a firm push out the door and sould welcome Pitino with open arms at this sad point in UNLV history.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png