Dogs4Me

Our Veterans...

Thanks to those that laced ‘em up and put the team first...

• Like 9

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Very important day.  God bless all of you veterans.  I didn't serve but I grew up as an Air Force brat..  My Dad served, my sister served, my oldest son served, and my youngest son is currently in some post in the Afghanistan desert, Somewhere, he won't and claims he can't, tell me exactly.  He's not alone.  Please pray for these folks.

Every day I meet a guy with a "Vietnam Vet" on his hat, every day I try to find a way to thank that guy.  I buy them coffee, sometimes I get to buy them a lunch.  God bless these guys, but please don't restrict it to one day a year.  Pay for their dinner, buy them a beer, or just shake their hand.  They earned it.

To those on this site that have served, and I know that it's a lot of you, THANK YOU!!  I appreciate your sacrifice.  If nothing else I've learned what the army pays and what you give for that dollar.  It's embarrassing.  That's just for hanging out and doing a day job.  Going to war for that kind of money just reflects on the quality of the men and women who serve and their values.  Did I say THANK YOU!! already?

Don't just thank a vet on Veterans Day today, hug a vet and thank them for your freedom.

Thank you VETS!!!!!!!

• Like 11

All of the above. And go quaff some root beers at Bill Mauldin’s house, you’ve earned it and so much more.

Edit: the twitter thread is a good one. Almost redeems the irredeemable site.

• Like 2

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 11/12/2018 at 12:17 AM, bluerules009 said:

I feel for our veterans.  Their sacrifice for the last 100 plus years as been in wars with no U.S. interests.

...& a piss poor VA to support them.  It's very sad.

No More War

"Yeah, nothing's too good for a veteran 
Yeah, this is what they say 
So nothing is what they will get 
And there's no American way"

-Eddie Vedder/Ben Harper

10 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I feel for our veterans.  Their sacrifice for the last 100 plus years as been in wars with no U.S. interests.

It makes me sick I spent three years of my life in Iraq and one in Afghanistan trying to protect idiots like you. If the President sends Americans to fight in wars it automatically enters the realm of "U.S. interests," regardless of your political or moral ideology.   If you don't understand that you're pretty worthless as an American. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

It makes me sick I spent three years of my life in Iraq and one in Afghanistan trying to protect idiots like you. If the President sends Americans to fight in wars it automatically enters the realm of "U.S. interests," regardless of your political or moral ideology.   If you don't understand that you're pretty worthless as an American. 

Whatever you were fighting for in Iraq, it was neither our freedom nor the protection of our country.  You put a billion or so in Dick Cheney's pocket through his Halliburton windfall though. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

I'm a vet.  Thanks for the thanks.

I try to get a different message out there on veterans day.  If you know a vet or a armed forces member who is having difficulty with general life activities, relationships, drinking to much, uncontrollable anxiety and panic attacks, nightmares, waking from sleep crying, doesn't want to talk about their issues... 

Tell them that they should go to the VA mental health walk in service.  It probably saved my life, or at least extended it.  PTSD is no effing joke, and it can progress.  But just learning that you have it, no matter how trivial your military stress experience feels too you, get in there and talk to an expert.  I sleep better, my wife thinks I'm normal again.  I like doing things again in public, family stuff.  

It's an ongoing battle.  I never would have went in for help until another vet called me and explained things that were happening to him.  That's when I knew it wasn't just me... It wasn't localized.  

I will explain the turning point for me, after I had spoke with my army buddy.  

I was at work at my civilian job.  It was morning, 730ish.  I was trying to sign some paperwork... But I couldn't.  I looked down and my hands were trembling so bad I couldn't hold the pen.  I almost passed out.  Same thing happened to my buddy.  

There were lots of signs before that.  Nightmares, all the problems I listed above.  

And im serious, if your friends are hurting, get them to the nearest VA hospital to the mental health walk in service.

• Like 4

And another thing, I hate veterans day.  It's a time of reflection, and it's not easy.  I imagine many vets don't like it either, so holidays are a tough time.  I've spent many a holiday in the emergency room.  Symptoms like I'm having a heart attack, I'm gonna die.  Total freak out.

I just want you guys to recognize it, so that you help.  

• Like 2