ph90702

Call Me Crazy

Call me crazy but if Boise State went to Nick Saban right now and offered him double the $11,000,000 Alabama is paying him, he'd be at Albertsons Stadium in two seconds. 

• Like 3

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Call me crazy but if Boise State went to Nick Saban right now and offered him double the $11,000,000 Alabama is paying him, he'd be at Albertsons Stadium in two seconds. 

I actually don’t think he would because Boise State plays in the MW.  I don’t think that coaches go places solely for money.  It’s money and the other things a school can offer.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I actually don’t think he would because Boise State plays in the MW.  I don’t think that coaches go places solely for money.  It’s money and the other things a school can offer.

You’re right Ph, sometimes I lose sight of things. Like how this woman fell in love with this guy’s heart and sense of humor:

lotterywinner.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

But I believe that if UNLV went to Musselman and doubled what he was making at UNR, he would leave in two seconds.

You’re crazy 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

You're using the better job angle huh colin cowherd?

If something is truly a better job, wouldn't he take the job for equal or slightly more pay? Needing to double someone's salary in order to attract them does not sound like a better job, just better pay.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

It’s the truth.  UNLV is a better job than UNR.

But is UCSB a better job than UNLV?  Better weather, that's for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You’re right Ph, sometimes I lose sight of things. Like how this woman fell in love with this guy’s heart and sense of humor:

lotterywinner.jpg

That's a Stormy time of her life, for sure.   At least she knows that for the first year, her job is done as soon as her top comes off.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

51 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

No.  They don’t have tradition, facilities, exposure, ability to schedule big name teams, etc.

Then this should never happen.  But in 2018, it did.

Screenshot_20181111-094032_Chrome.jpg

UCSB's recruiting class was ranked ahead of UNLV's.  Our facilities are decent enough that quality coaching can overcome most of the other items, including facilities and exposure.

As long as Pasternack continues to recruit well, the wins will take care of themselves and the scheduling will improve.   Not much issue on recruiting talent as most of our roster this year hails from outside California.

14 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

$2 million a year to lure Muss from Reno to Vegas.

$1.5 million a year to lure Beard from Vegas to Lubbock.

Hmmm :hmmm:

We’re talking about an athletic department that barely had the budget to hire a high school football coach ....

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

But I believe that if UNLV went to Musselman and doubled what he was making at UNR, he would leave in two seconds.

I think Musselman is out of your league.  He would not want a total rebuild with out stepping up in competition.   But I do think you could land some other MW coaches that would seriously upgrade your team.  Good idea.  

23 minutes ago, slappy said:

I think Musselman is out of your league.  He would not want a total rebuild with out stepping up in competition.   But I do think you could land some other MW coaches that would seriously upgrade your team.  Good idea.  

Haha.  You make fun of Las Vegas but your team is in shithole Laramie.