Headbutt

CSU at Nevada game thread.

46 minutes ago, AKram said:

Couple new assistants? This is his second crew of assistants. He basically cleaned house at the end of last season. I get that fixing Marty English's reign of terror is no easy task, but Jancek's defense seems like it got slightly worse. A new special teams coach, and that aspect of the game is not that great. 

How many more new assistants does Bobo need to right the ship?

After year one under the current regime, our defense still sucked. Maybe Jancek will improve things year 2. He hasn't even been on the job for a year. The most glaring thing that I noticed was your O line was soft and undisciplined. CSU used to have nasty offensive linemen.

53 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

@mugtang - Thank you for the phenomenal hospitality!!!  Thanks to you I had a very enjoyable evening, despite the embarrassing performance by my Rammies.

Sorry buddy, I got distracted as soon as my lady-friend showed up in The ABQ.  I'm looking frwd to buying you a bear nxt time.

I’m glad you had a good time despite your teams performance!  Let me know if you come up the next time CSU plays Nevada and we will do it again. :cheers:

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

After year one under the current regime, our defense still sucked. Maybe Jancek will improve things year 2. He hasn't even been on the job for a year. The most glaring thing that I noticed was your O line was soft and undisciplined. CSU used to have nasty offensive linemen.

I'll admit that I wasn't a fan of Jancek's hiring (lots of wild rumors swirled around him, mostly just wild rumors) and I detested Marty English's defense and his apparent coaching. I'm not sure what to make of Jancek now. Like I've said before, Jancek has a lot of rebuilding to do. There was a total lack of fundamentals exhibited under English's defense (missed assignments, poor routes in coverage, missed blocks, poor tackling skills, etc. etc. etc.). However, I didn't really see any improvement this year under the new defensive crew. Leaves me wondering if Jancek is one of those coaches that is "good" because their predecessor left behind solid pieces rather than a "good" coach of player no matter the talent.

Dave Johnson came over from Ohio to be our new OL coach and running game coordinator. CSU did lose a number of starters on the OL, but watching players like TJ Roundtree amble around the field like a lost little lamb doesn't instill faith in the length of Johnson's tenure. This year our OL and run game was an unmitigated mess--CSU will say it is because of new players and new schemes, but, again, these are kids that should have some fundamentals ingrained in them from club/HS ball, but some of these kids look like they've never played the game before out there.

I've said all along to the BoboHas2GoGo crowd to give him this year with the new staff. There were going to be growing pains.

However, growing pains doesn't always mean turning the team into a walking fiasco. 

2 hours ago, AKram said:

Couple new assistants? This is his second crew of assistants. He basically cleaned house at the end of last season. I get that fixing Marty English's reign of terror is no easy task, but Jancek's defense seems like it got slightly worse. A new special teams coach, and that aspect of the game is not that great. 

How many more new assistants does Bobo need to right the ship?

Sometimes things get worse before they get better. Casteel's defense absolutely sucked last year, new system. What a difference a year makes, a few new players and a year under the belt for the returning players; waa-laa completely different results.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AKram said:

I'll admit that I wasn't a fan of Jancek's hiring (lots of wild rumors swirled around him, mostly just wild rumors).

Remember:  Jancek was our 3rd Choice (that we know of).

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

Sometimes things get worse before they get better. Casteel's defense absolutely sucked last year, new system. What a difference a year makes, a few new players and a year under the belt for the returning players; waa-laa completely different results.

I hope that's the case. Time will tell.

50 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Remember Jancek was our 3rd Choice (that we know of).

I know. That was also one of my concerns. After Ansley's antics, I wonder if there really was a 2nd and 3rd option or if they just went with a dart and a map.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AKram said:

I'll admit that I wasn't a fan of Jancek's hiring (lots of wild rumors swirled around him, mostly just wild rumors) and I detested Marty English's defense and his apparent coaching. I'm not sure what to make of Jancek now. Like I've said before, Jancek has a lot of rebuilding to do. There was a total lack of fundamentals exhibited under English's defense (missed assignments, poor routes in coverage, missed blocks, poor tackling skills, etc. etc. etc.). However, I didn't really see any improvement this year under the new defensive crew. Leaves me wondering if Jancek is one of those coaches that is "good" because their predecessor left behind solid pieces rather than a "good" coach of player no matter the talent.

Dave Johnson came over from Ohio to be our new OL coach and running game coordinator. CSU did lose a number of starters on the OL, but watching players like TJ Roundtree amble around the field like a lost little lamb doesn't instill faith in the length of Johnson's tenure. This year our OL and run game was an unmitigated mess--CSU will say it is because of new players and new schemes, but, again, these are kids that should have some fundamentals ingrained in them from club/HS ball, but some of these kids look like they've never played the game before out there.

I've said all along to the BoboHas2GoGo crowd to give him this year with the new staff. There were going to be growing pains.

However, growing pains doesn't always mean turning the team into a walking fiasco. 

A big part of the O-line issues is attitude.  I think that will definitely improve next year (addition by subtraction), but I do expect more from a supposedly top O-line coach.  If the seniors refuse to block, I'd like to see some RS frosh or sophomores getting more time.  They might care more.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

The laughs on Wyo.  He’s smart enough he wouldn’t have joined that dumpster fire anyway, but you gave him a raise. 

Hazelton deserves the raise.  I'm good with it.

He did mention some of CSU's comp package included some penny bonds.  

The World Needs More Cowboys!

13 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Hazelton deserves the raise.  I'm good with it.

He did mention some of CSU's comp package included some penny bonds.  

I’m surprised that Bobo went cheap. Jancek got some weed stock. 

And yes, Hazelton deserved the raise. 

On 11/10/2018 at 7:00 PM, retrofade said:

¿Does he talk like this in person as well?

Anyone who speaks w/the proper inflection when asking a question, speaks like that ^^^^

On 11/10/2018 at 10:29 PM, Lester_in_reno said:

CSU didn't give a RATS ASS about this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was there - everyone left at halftime!

The East Stands never showed up to begin w/.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

The East Stands never showed up to begin w/.

The athletic department has to do something about the ticket prices in the center of the east side. When they made the renovations I'm afraid they seriously misjudged our fan's commitment and willingness to cough up more $$$$. Many folks moved out of the center or just gave it up altogether.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, renoskier said:

The athletic department has to do something about the ticket prices in the center of the east side. When they made the renovations I'm afraid they seriously misjudged our fan's commitment and willingness to cough up more $$$$. Many folks moved out of the center or just gave it up altogether.

$500 per ticket is some chead. Winning will help. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mugtang said:

I’m glad you had a good time despite your teams performance!  Let me know if you come up the next time CSU plays Nevada and we will do it again. :cheers:

He was a good sport. He took alot of shit from you in that woeful 4th QT :surrender:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

Don't get me wrong.  The over-all game day experience was IMPRESSIVE (SEE video below).  The West Stands VIP experience was top-notch.  The East Stands were an outlier/Achilles' Heal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

He was a good sport. He took alot of shit from you in that woeful 4th QT :surrender:

"¿Woeful 4th Qtr?"  ¿What...did you miss our 10-Gargage Time pts?  Hahaha

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

"¿Woeful 4th Qtr?"  ¿What...did you miss our 10-Gargage Time pts?  Hahaha

Norvell was not pleased our second string defense gave up the shutout. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater