mugtang

Idaho State at Boise Game Thread and Stream

Video  

Idaho State at Boise State

Mountain West Men's Basketball: Idaho State Athletics at Boise State Broncos!

Posted by Live: Stadium College Basketball on Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Here you guys go. It’ll start automatically tonight when the game does. Go Broncos!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I'm cautiously optimistic about this team. RJ looked really good in his first game and will be a player in this league. Haney looks much improved and has finally added some low post moves that aren't a jump hook. JJ will be All MW (2nd team-ish). Dembley was the talk of the players and coaches over the summer so it'll be cool to see what he can do. Derrick Alston looks really improved and should get some minutes in the rotation. I don't agree with Rice about it being a deep team. I see a 7-man rotation with Alston being the 8th, and he'll have significantly less than the rest. Hopefully Jorch RS. He isn't going to get much PT and this team will return everyone except the bigs next year, so he'd be much more significant next year. 

I'm really surprised Alston started and played almost the entire first half. He looks like he's made serious strides since last year. Dude is pretty unique within the MWC as a 6-8 guard with good quicks and long arms. He's definitely a disruptive force on defense and has looked good on offense in this game too. If only he wasn't so damn skinny.

1 hour ago, thatsmymammy said:

I remember these long shooting droughts last year. 

Boise has had long shooting droughts every year. That's Bronco basketball. Get a big lead and give it back. Going to be a long year. I am thinking middle to bottom of the pack. 

50 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

not sure what to make of this...

"Bold move, Cotton!" 

Seriously, that is interesting. Selling out this season for the future? I don't know if I've ever seen a coach do it to this extent before. 

11 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Not a big surprise to me. We have a collection of average to below average D-1 players. We will struggle to win half of our games. Rice better hit the recruiting trail hard this year if he wants the program to rebound. 

Biggest concern was Hobbs and Jessup actually look worse. Would expect them to step up.  Alston somehow went from 12th man to major minutes. He will actually be pretty good I think. Williams and Dembly are solid but still playing jc ball. They need to relax