fanhood

"Destination" Bowl Game against a Pac 12 opponent

14 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Some guy named Dave Southorn

Here it is 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Why do embedded Tweets +++++ up the format so badly?

It’s a problem with Twitter. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/448999-embedded-tweets-width/

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, Lobo Amor said:

Would be nice but does that mean we are losing the LV bowl? We need at least 6 bowl tie ins for our conference, it helps with recruiting, attendance, etc...

With Vegas Raiders getting a new stadium - the bowl is going to change to P5 vs P5. Could still be a second bowl game in Vegas, but I think that is unlikely.

18 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Bummer, the LV bowl was a great MWC destination not too far for fans to travel.

Yeah they dropped us, and there is no reason for the city to host another game.

Agreed, is was a good Bowl game for us. Just the time slot sucked, but that was the whole reason for the Bowl.

• Like 1

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

43 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Would be nice but does that mean we are losing the LV bowl? We need at least 6 bowl tie ins for our conference, it helps with recruiting, attendance, etc...

Very well could be losing the Vegas bowl.  I had read that Mitsubishi wanted to extend their contract as title sponsor into 2020 but, the Vegas/ESPN  bowl people put that on hold.  They have to deal with a Stadium Authority now if they want a game at the new stadium.

• Sad 1

I'd be willing to bet the LV Bowl will still have a "conditional" affiliation with the MWC.  The P5 already have so many bowls, LV will wind up near the bottom of the pecking order.  When you are scheduled to host the PAC-12 #9 against the Big-12 #7, there's a pretty good chance one or the other won't be bowl eligible.  Unless, of course, they change the bowl eligibility rules again to favor the P5.

2 hours ago, LKGates said:

I'd be willing to bet the LV Bowl will still have a "conditional" affiliation with the MWC.  The P5 already have so many bowls, LV will wind up near the bottom of the pecking order.  When you are scheduled to host the PAC-12 #9 against the Big-12 #7, there's a pretty good chance one or the other won't be bowl eligible.  Unless, of course, they change the bowl eligibility rules again to favor the P5.

I heard SEC is trying to get in 

Related image