pokebball

Jeff Flake for POTUS

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

So you'd vote for him if he ran as a 3rd party candidate but you'd vote against him if he ran as a Republican?

Do you vote for the person or the party?

who said i'd vote against him as a republican?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

15 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

If she flipped and decided to run against Trump in 2020, she would have big problems with Trump supporters because she’d be seen as a ungrateful disloyal back stabber to a guy that believed in her and propped her up in his administration. That would really hurt her. Not to say she wouldn’t possibly be competitive, but she needs a little more experience and would be a rock star candidate in the GOP in 2024. 

If Colin Powell came forward, he could easily win a general, but he’d never make it out of the primary. But he’s never been interested, so it doesn’t matter. 

But Trump’s hardcore supporters don’t make up the majority of the GOP.  He didn’t win the majority of votes in the 2016 primary. He only won because of how diluted the field was.  55% of GOP primary voters voted for another candidate.  Head to head, I would take Nikki Haley in a primary.  

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

who said i'd vote against him as a republican?

You said, "Too bad . I'd vot e for Flake as the third party candidate any day." 

That seemed to me what you were implying.

If not, why make a distinction between GOP & 3rd party?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

11 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

You said, "Too bad . I'd vot e for Flake as the third party candidate any day." 

That seemed to me what you were implying.

If not, why make a distinction between GOP & 3rd party?

I initially misread it and thought it was him possibly running against Trump in the General. So the third party part of it was incidental.

Edit: also, I don't think it's possible for Flake to beat him in the primaries. 

• Like 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

17 minutes ago, mugtang said:

But Trump’s hardcore supporters don’t make up the majority of the GOP.  He didn’t win the majority of votes in the 2016 primary. He only won because of how diluted the field was.  55% of GOP primary voters voted for another candidate.  Head to head, I would take Nikki Haley in a primary.  

He didn't win the majority of votes in the general either.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Also, if someone primaries Trump, would open primary systems impact that at all? Probably a dumb question, but how do they work with presidential nominations?

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It would be funny to watch Trump somehow make legitimate criticism of the Iraq war sound racist and puerile. But I think that in this moment, Condy wouldn't have a chance. 

4 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

No. The Iraq war and her support for it ruined any chance she has to be potus. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

No. The Iraq war and her support for it ruined any chance she has to be potus. 

The country can't remember what happened last week anymore. 

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The country can't remember what happened last week anymore. 

I thought you had immigrated to Great Britain or Europe or something.   At least that's what you said a while back.

What is the feeling on Trump over there?   And is Brexit still a thing?

56 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I thought you had immigrated to Great Britain or Europe or something.   At least that's what you said a while back.

What is the feeling on Trump over there?   And is Brexit still a thing?

7CC9D297-588C-47A5-A922-3445D529468E.jpeg.7485ed8118c564baec1655189f625997.jpeg

• Haha 2

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

15 hours ago, mugtang said:

This is spot on...  I bet Haley would demolish him in a Primary.  I bet she’d wipe the floor with him in a debate too.  I’d love to see it.

v0icAvfW.jpg

4 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

This is spot on...  I bet Haley would demolish him in a Primary.  I bet she’d wipe the floor with him in a debate too.  I’d love to see it.

Nope. The base is Trump’s base now. You can’t beat Trump in a primary when you already said you’d campaign for him. He’d kill her on that, and so would Rush, and Hannity, and Ingraham, and all the others in the party who’ve went all in.

2024 Haley. Republicans are stuck with Trump in 2020 unless Mueller saves them.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

46 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Nope. The base is Trump’s base now. You can’t beat Trump in a primary when you already said you’d campaign for him. He’d kill her on that, and so would Rush, and Hannity, and Ingraham, and all the others in the party who’ve went all in.

I think you're wrong

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You are correct sir

23 hours ago, mugtang said:

Uh, no.  Its as if you missed the movie in 16.  There wont be a serious primary challenge to trump, Kasich might make a little noise, but thats all.  Haley, Rubio, and the rest will wait for 2024

Two years can be a lifetime for a politician and especially a wreckless one like Trump.  I think it's very possible that an increasing majority of the country will be so sick of Trump and he will be so unpopular that he won't even run in 2020.