modestobulldog

Guy wants to lower his age from 69 to 49

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46133262

A Dutch "positivity trainer" has launched a legal battle to change his age and boost his dating prospects.

Emile Ratelband, 69, wants to shift his birthday from 11 March 1949 to 11 March 1969, comparing the change to identifying as being transgender.

"We live in a time when you can change your name and change your gender. Why can't I decide my own age?" he said.

Mr Ratelband argues he feels discriminated against because of his age, and that it was affecting his employment chances and his success rate on the dating app, Tinder.

"When I'm 69, I am limited. If I'm 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car. I can take up more work," he said.

• Haha 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

1 minute ago, modestobulldog said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46133262

A Dutch "positivity trainer" has launched a legal battle to change his age and boost his dating prospects.

Emile Ratelband, 69, wants to shift his birthday from 11 March 1949 to 11 March 1969, comparing the change to identifying as being transgender.

"We live in a time when you can change your name and change your gender. Why can't I decide my own age?" he said.

Mr Ratelband argues he feels discriminated against because of his age, and that it was affecting his employment chances and his success rate on the dating app, Tinder.

"When I'm 69, I am limited. If I'm 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car. I can take up more work," he said.

Why the hell not?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

26 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

If that’s how he self-identifies then who are we to argue????

I think the more important question is how does it impact you if he changes his age or whatever he's trying to do? If anything, if this was in the US, it would prevent him from receiving social security benefits for another 20 years. 

I suppose in this situation you'd have to let insurance companies assess his risk based on his actual age, but beyond that, who cares?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

If you disagree with him you're probably a racist. 

is his name Zwarte Piet?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

20 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

if this was in the US, it would prevent him from receiving social security benefits for another 20 years. 

If he is successful on the dating apps, who cares?

110926run_defense710.jpg

23 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I think the more important question is how does it impact you if he changes his age or whatever he's trying to do? If anything, if this was in the US, it would prevent him from receiving social security benefits for another 20 years. 

I suppose in this situation you'd have to let insurance companies assess his risk based on his actual age, but beyond that, who cares?

It gives me stomach pains from laughing so hard at this stupid shit and the idiots that make excuses for it.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

It gives me stomach pains from laughing so hard at this stupid shit and the idiots that make excuses for it.  

how is it an excuse to ask you why anyone including myself your yourself should care at all about this?

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

If he is successful on the dating apps, who cares?

the balls don't lie. any success will be limited and short-lasting.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

Right, should’ve said “condone this idiocy”.

You have yet to explain how this negatively impacts you, or anyone else for that matter.

24 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Well, if that’s the case I’m now 74 and officially retired! Party at mi casa bitches!

Why not be bi-generational, collect the checks and the chicks 

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

I did.  

My bad. I thought I might get a real answer.

Blank+_5c951f5d4bd914810ee4f11f3f68b4ff.