badfish

Uh oh, BYU BB

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/byu-cougars/2018/11/09/ncaa-comes-down-byu-over/

BYU boosters are so ridiculous they put their Men's Basketball team on probation giving benefits to a 2 star guard?  I guess if everyone else is a 0 or 1 it makes sense.

Obviously it comes as no surprise to anyone who participates in this forum that BYU fans and players are the kind of people who post Instagrams of themselves breaking tons of NCAA rules.

I have to think the NCAA press release is wrong.  Not about the alleged infractions but UVU or Weber State was supposed to get the punishment.   Isn't that how it works with "High" major programs like BYU whose football team is "considered" P5.  I'm sure a correction is pending.

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

BYU boosters are so ridiculous they put their Men's basketball team on probation giving benefits to a 2 star guard?  I guess if everyone else is a 0 or 1 it makes sense.

He was actually a 4* PG and top 100 player in the country way back when.

https://247sports.com/player/nick-emery-22259/

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

He was actually a 4* PG and top 100 player in the country way back when.

https://247sports.com/player/nick-emery-22259/

I guess he just didn't develop as projected.  I haven't noticed any ability of BYU to defend the perimeter over the past two seasons and I presume you can only get that highly rated if you can defend individually.

14 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

I guess he just didn't develop as projected.  I haven't noticed any ability of BYU to defend the perimeter over the past two seasons and I presume you can only get that highly rated if you can defend individually.

They have a bunch of whitebreads.  It didn’t take Dave Rose saying that they don’t prioritize athleticism in recruiting for me to realize that.

• Like 1

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yes Friend, you called?

I guess I'm trying to figure out why the punishment is a big deal?

1.  Emery sucks (don't mind he is out last year and a few games this year).

2.  Don't care about "vacating wins".   BYU didn't win anything, anyway.

3.  Can still go to the NCAA tourney this year.

Am I missing something?

Guys like Emery aren't the future for BYU, anyway.   

BYUtv has being paying huge dividends in China ( @Del Scorcho ), and BYU is now signing guys from China.   I told SJSU to do this for years, and they wouldn't listen.  Glad BYU listened to me.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Well this finally proves that BYU is a mid-major by the fact that the NCAA actually punished them for breaking the rules

Bro, BYU is in the WCC.

You really thought the WCC was a "high major" conference before this?

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

Get your own house in order, and stay in your lane!!!

You have no room to talk, you are a SJSU Spartans fan...  You guys are the worst team in the conference.

I told you guys for years that the key was recruiting China,  and Spartans fans laughed it off.   Well, now China is BYU territory.  We are taking the top talent.  Eat your heart out... (snooze you looze).

Screen_Shot_2018_10_16_at_3.35.23_PM.0.p